• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oh god,.. Wth is a wavedash O_o; Help? xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rarien

Smash Cadet
Okay well I'm a long-time player of SSBM but I never really went outside of my gamecube to better my skills. Today I looked at a few youtube tournaments of SSBM and... wow I suck xD, But anyways I'm trying to wavedash/land and etc. better, I can tech almost 99% of the time so thats all good and I'm excellent in timing and very accurate but I can't do any of the "advanced techniques" for 'beans'... Can someone help out a long-time Falco player? >_>; I can sort of wavedash with clicking X + R[down left] and sometimes works but not nearly enough to be usable in a real 1 on 1 fight... thats about all I can do. So like barely wavedash and can do pretty much all the techs and,.. hmm lets see... Well anyways I'm "pro" at all the basics and I need help on ALL the advanced techniques [pretty much =\] So can you guys help me "better" my "Falco skills" :o

Salaad

Smash Ace
First I think you should learn to SHFFL=Short Hop FastFall Lcancel. Then SHL=Short Hop Laser and fastfall. To getting used to Wavedashing in a game, just practice doing it inbetween stocks. (Wavedashing doesn't win games though).

Sssurivad

Smash Apprentice
Other people can help you with adv techs much better than I can, but a piece of advice:

I was in your boat a few months ago. Make sure you completely understand that advanced techs WILL NOT make you a better player. It's using them correctly that makes you better. So once you learn them, make sure you don't just WD -> WD -> WD right into someone's fsmash.

technomancer

Smash Champion
The best advice anyone can give is practice and fool around alot, and practice with a buddy. If you're working on wavedashing, try to practice waveshining (doing a reflector, then shining) immediately, which will make your WD better and give you an offensive tech to play with so you can get into practicing more advanced play.

Read up on the guides to get an idea of how advanced techs are used. CunningKitsune's Fox guide is a fantastic read, as is Omni's guide to mastering Fox, over in the Fox forum, because both are VERY detailed and very clear and step-by-step, from some tournament-proven Foxes, even though you play Falco, almost all of the stuff in the guide is applicable.

Lightshade

Smash Ace
Okay well I'm a long-time player of SSBM but I never really went outside of my gamecube to better my skills. Today I looked at a few youtube tournaments of SSBM and... wow I suck xD, But anyways I'm trying to wavedash/land and etc. better, I can tech almost 99% of the time so thats all good and I'm excellent in timing and very accurate but I can't do any of the "advanced techniques" for 'beans'... Can someone help out a long-time Falco player? >_>; I can sort of wavedash with clicking X + R[down left] and sometimes works but not nearly enough to be usable in a real 1 on 1 fight... thats about all I can do. So like barely wavedash and can do pretty much all the techs and,.. hmm lets see... Well anyways I'm "pro" at all the basics and I need help on ALL the advanced techniques [pretty much =\] So can you guys help me "better" my "Falco skills" :o

I would offer my services, but in your case, you're right ****ed. A lost cause.

Wireframe

Smash Apprentice
I was in his situation not so long ago, and he can improve.

Why do you have to put other people down?

Maybe you're the lost cause buddy.

Rarien

Smash Cadet
By the way guys, I figured out on my own how to short hop and fast fall, forgot to mention that much, but what do you mean by the short hop laser thing? Just do a short hop then do a loser? If so I can do that to but its not really that helpful unless they are charging me since Falco's gun has the stun effect [kind of screws them up if they were planning on doing a dash maneuver]

-sorry for double-post-

Lightshade

Smash Ace
Get a life *** =]
I could be saying the same to you, joining a forum only to ask a simple question and how your skill at this game is pbviously medeocre. Why don't you check the archives instead of posting BS topics saying you'vve never heard of a wavedash.

Why do you have to put other people down?

Maybe you're the lost cause buddy.
I don't HAVE to put anyone down, but as a normal person I get pissed when n00bs as BS questions that can easily be answered in the archives without even having to join the forum or even making a topic. That's what they're there for, so whatever.

Wireframe

Smash Apprentice
Ha! i bet you were a n00b once and i'll bet you wouldn't like to be trated like that when enquiring about somthing. You could have simply told him to check the archive there was no need for the insult and if you're pissed, thats your problem, it's people like you that put off newcomers to the scene.

Rarien

Smash Cadet
Just now I was trying to practice wavedashing and l-canceling and I figured out how to jump up off a ledge and shoot my gun 2x =]

by this I ment, jump backwards onto a ledge, then press down REALLY fast then X [to jump] and while your falling onto the platform you can shoot your gun without having the huuuge delay =\

Rarien

Smash Cadet
By the way, the only life that guy has is insulting people that don't "surf" the internet all day looking for ways to get better at an offline game =|

By the way I'm just trying to find out if there is an easier way to wavedash and etc. because I don't know, I see people wavedashing so fast that there is never a second that their character is standing up-right, and that seems kind of impossible to keep it going that long for that good of a timing

I've already tried holding down right [or left] and clicking x + r over and over, I do better by clicking Down right [or left] then tapping X then R real quickly

Lightshade

Smash Ace
Ha! i bet you were a n00b once and i'll bet you wouldn't like to be trated like that when enquiring about somthing. You could have simply told him to check the archive there was no need for the insult and if you're pissed, thats your problem, it's people like you that put off newcomers to the scene.
Nah, I'm not pissed. I just don't like n00bs who completely blow off the first thread in the main board.

By the way, the only life that guy has is insulting people that don't "surf" the internet all day looking for ways to get better at an offline game =|
That's right, I'm so glad I found someone that likes me enough to stalk me and know what I'm doing all day.

Wireframe

Smash Apprentice
He's new so i wouldn't be too harsh.

I'm not trying to start an argument here im just saying you could have been nicer to the dude.

Rarien

Smash Cadet
Lol its funny that I guessed right to what you do all day =\ Pretty obvious =|

[Wonders why people turned his thread into a debate house]

[By the way I read the tricks and I've looked at MANY tuts how to do all the "tips and tricks" so don't get all pissy =]] I'm just looking for an easier way to perform these "techniques" to "better" my Falco

Rarien

Smash Cadet
Wireframe, nice sig :p

*wonders why someone would waste precious minutes on trying to put down someone who plays a game for fun and not for competition*

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Let's put an end to this, shall we?

To practice Wavedashing, simply go to practice mode and practice wavedashing. Sure, it does seem tedious, but after you practice, you will improve.

Also, Short Hopped Lasers are extremely important to Falco's game. When mastered, you can almost move Falco while sending a barrage of lasers at the opponent, making a great approach and an opponent who has to stay on the defense.

Lightshade

Smash Ace
*wonders why someone would waste precious minutes on trying to put down someone who plays a game for fun and not for competition*
*Wonders why you'd continue an argument that's only hurting yourself and joining a competitive forum when using that as an excuse*

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
There are no easy ways to become good, if you have trouble grasping things as it is in this game, I highly doubt you'll get at a solid level of play before this dies out due to brawl. Its not wise to agrue with someone whos been around and knows more about the game either.

Look, Everyone hates to see threads about things that can either be perfected with practice or simply learened through button memory, we can't bloody help you with that, you are on your own.

Rarien

Smash Cadet
*Thanks Demenise*

Well I've tried to practice wavedashing but jeez its near impossible if your having to do it to put space in between your opponent and not look like a complete idiot if you just jump backwards >_> [jump backwards = failed back-wavedash]

Rarien

Smash Cadet
Bluedeath/Lightshade, please get a life and mind your own business =] If you can't say something nice, get the hell out =]

Lightshade

Smash Ace
Look, Everyone hates to see threads about things that can either be perfected with practice or simply learened through button memory, we can't bloody help you with that, you are on your own.
Thanks man, ^_^ I knew that, but I just want to give this guy a taste of what it's really like to discuss a competitive game-that and I wanted to milk this for all it's worth because I'm spiteful like that.

Rarien

Smash Cadet
*Wonders why you'd continue an argument that's only hurting yourself and joining a competitive forum when using that as an excuse*
Please post a link onto where this forum says its competitive

By the way for all of you that don't remember me asking [means all of you] I didn't ask how to do a wavedash, I asked is there an easier method

Lightshade

Smash Ace
Bluedeath/Lightshade, please get a life and mind your own business =] If you can't say something nice, get the hell out =]

Right, you're going to tell us to mind our own business ON A PUBLIC FORUM IN WHICH YOU'RE THE ******* ASKING FOR HELP. Please, try to make sense and come again.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Your sig is very true, when people tell you the harsh reality, you agrue and want to fight against it. Either learn to deal with how things are or, you, infact, can get a life.

We can't help you learn the advance tactics, its practice, and if you feel that is too hard, don't bother.

Rarien

Smash Cadet
Lol get a life please? For OUR sake, If this is going to push your limits of thinking only of yourself then maybe not, but yeah, just shut up =] No one cares what you think -_-

Rarien

Smash Cadet
Your sig is very true, when people tell you the harsh reality, you agrue and want to fight against it. Either learn to deal with how things are or, you, infact, can get a life.

We can't help you learn the advance tactics, its practice, and if you feel that is too hard, don't bother.
Please shut up and read what this thread is about, thank you, don't come again

Wireframe

Smash Apprentice
Fine im only trying to stand up for someone who's clearly being discriminated against for being new to the boards.

Believe it or not there is a world of casual players outside the pro scene, who haven't heard of advanced techs.

But if i'm getting ganged up on, whatever.

Btw Rarien, these are really good for learning advanced stuff

Part 1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4n4s5yB7ZkE

Part 2
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xiZLs2doK8E

Part3
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PFmGIOcWdsM&mode=related&search=

This isn't bad either (Ledge Tricks)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pSPgMPm5HPQ

Also watch loads of vids of pro players such as PC chris, Forward, DaShizWiz and BombSoldier

It'll take time but you can improve your game.

Rarien

Smash Cadet
Fine im only trying to stand up for someone who's clearly being discriminated against for being new to the boards.

Believe it or not there is a world of casual players outside the pro scene, who haven't heard of advanced techs.

But if i'm getting ganged up on, whatever.

Btw Rarien, these are really good for learning advanced stuff

Part 1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4n4s5yB7ZkE

Part 2
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xiZLs2doK8E

Part3
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PFmGIOcWdsM&mode=related&search=

This isn't bad either (Ledge Tricks)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pSPgMPm5HPQ

Also watch loads of vids of pro players such as PC chris, Forward, DaShizWiz and BombSoldier

It'll take time but you can improve your game.

Thanks =], Yeah I've seen tournys of DaShizWiz and PC Chris

By the way, if your going so far as to insulting my sig, which I put there in the first place, by choice, you might want to get some new insults

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
All you can do is throw insults because you have no valid agrument. You really don't need to be joining the smash community if this is how you deal with things.

Wireframe

Smash Apprentice
People stop arguing please.

And Melee won't die out completly, people still play smash 64 right?

And if Abusable glitches carry over to Brawl, this will be good practice.

Rarien

Smash Cadet
Santa, yeah thats what I was working on a bit ago before I started fending off my thread,... Also thanks Wireframe, I just looked at the ledge techniques one, I could never get the fire bird stall, I can probably get it now =|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom