• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oh god, another Ice9 Falcon Vid.

Radiation

Smash Apprentice
You guys are pretty okay. (Don't you guys have one topic for these videos already? :p)

Here's what I have to say (totally disregard the fact that this is my first post):

- You guys probably already know this, but don't try to recover with Raptor Boost from below the ledge. In fact, avoid recovering with it as much as possible except in those situations that you're directly horizontally away from the stage. Even though it's an awesome spike it's still easy to edgeguard and Falcon's up+b spikes anyway.

- Kneeing the boost was awesome.

- I like downsmash better than forward smash because it hits on both sides and comes out faster. Since you guys miss a lot you should probably experiment with it and see if it's better.

- I use spotdodge religiously, so it's weird seeing people... that... don't... dash attacks and rushing grabs get owned by spotdodge. Especially dash attacks. Dash attacks are cool but they're generally not a good approach. I did see you use it once or twice though.

- When someone's recovering on the ledge you can just stand next to them and shield as soon as you see them get up. If they're attacking to get them away you can shieldgrab them and tack on some damage with A then chuck them away again.

- Overall this was pretty manly and sweet but where the heck was Falcon Kick? It's highly punishable at lower percents, yes, but it's still an awesome attack to throw out and faster than raptor boost.

Ice9

Smash Apprentice
What people don't realize is that we are brothers and we are so used to playing each other that we know exactly what the other person is going to do. the constant misses are from mindgamez and just plain dodging. We have gone 45 seconds in a match not hitting each other because we are just dodging everything. Spot dodges, Jumping, Shielding, rolling. Most first hits come off a trip into a grab.

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
I am getting incredibly sick of people posting a new thread just for videos like this one. Holy ****, you got a mother****ing DOUBLE KNEEE!!! I don't give a horse's *** anymore. No more videos on how "falcon is STILL MANLY", or "FALCON PAUUUNCH" **** anymore, please. They aren't funny, they don't show any skill at all, and they make falcon into a joke.

No single match deserves its own music unless its a show of complete dominance and utter skill against a respected player.

If you actually wanted critiquing for your play, a few more vids would be nice (minus the music). For this match, what Seph said: you dash attack too much. Try approaching with other moves (aerials, kick, dash grab can even work if you're unpredictable).

that was ********, not going to lie. Also, instead of making separate threads for each and every meaningless video you have, why don't you just make one big one, huh? Saves time and space.
Thank you.

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
Alright i promise not to post anymore videos. Because you guys are really uptight.
Your video just happened to be the last of a long chain of really dumb videos. It just seemed like your video was more of a showcase of "teh manliness of teh KNEE" than an actual match you wanted to get critiqued. If you post more videos of real matches we can give you some more feedback.

Ice9

Smash Apprentice
Your video just happened to be the last of a long chain of really dumb videos. It just seemed like your video was more of a showcase of "teh manliness of teh KNEE" than an actual match you wanted to get critiqued. If you post more videos of real matches we can give you some more feedback.
Hell No it wasnt a showcase of the knee, im not ********. It was just a match between me and my little brother, thats all man. The fact that there was a 4 second knee kill, and a Knee on Knee kill were just icing on the bland cake that is this brawl match. And I add music to ALL my matches. Its just something I like to do. If you don't like the music or the video, turn off the video or turn down the sound. Or better yet, Shut your mouth.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
You guys are pretty okay. (Don't you guys have one topic for these videos already? :p)

Here's what I have to say (totally disregard the fact that this is my first post):

- You guys probably already know this, but don't try to recover with Raptor Boost from below the ledge. In fact, avoid recovering with it as much as possible except in those situations that you're directly horizontally away from the stage. Even though it's an awesome spike it's still easy to edgeguard and Falcon's up+b spikes anyway.

- Kneeing the boost was awesome.

- I like downsmash better than forward smash because it hits on both sides and comes out faster. Since you guys miss a lot you should probably experiment with it and see if it's better.

- I use spotdodge religiously, so it's weird seeing people... that... don't... dash attacks and rushing grabs get owned by spotdodge. Especially dash attacks. Dash attacks are cool but they're generally not a good approach. I did see you use it once or twice though.

- When someone's recovering on the ledge you can just stand next to them and shield as soon as you see them get up. If they're attacking to get them away you can shieldgrab them and tack on some damage with A then chuck them away again.

- Overall this was pretty manly and sweet but where the heck was Falcon Kick? It's highly punishable at lower percents, yes, but it's still an awesome attack to throw out and faster than raptor boost.
QFT, and a few comments

- Kneeing the boost was extra awesome, although you should hopefully have learned to boost less.

- Utilt can be used to knock foes offstage or even kill at high percents, and works quite well if someone is on the platform above you (use it)

- Dsmash pwns dodgers and rollers (in a dodging war or if you expect them to roll, hit dsmash and wait a quarter second to see if they dodge or roll; if it's a dodge wait another quarter second so you hit them right after they dodge, if they roll release immediately so it hits them with the second hit of dsmash)

- Dash attack is definately a weaksauce approach, break out the Kick or some shield grabs

- More jabs and grabs

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
I just started to mess around with falcon, and I gotta say...the knee will treat you well if you hug it close to you like a baby. A devious, violent baby. Does anybody know if dthrow to knee is a true combo on some characters at certain percents? I dont main falcon yet, but I've always liked the way he played. An answer would be much appreciated.

The video-dash attacks are best used immediately-that is...don't dash before you use the dash attack. I saw a couple dash attacks in there when you could have used a dash cancelled upsmash, instead. Falcon slides. Use it. :) I'm amazed that you two roll around so much and nobody gets punished for it with a dsmash or a simple tilt. Falcon has a quick roll, so that's nice, but...if you know what your bro is gonna do, it's up to you to switch things up and throw him for a loop. Raptor boost=punish me, pl0x. Throw it in to mix it up occasionally. Nothing more, nothing less. 404 error: falcon kick not found. I dig that neutral a to knee, though. That was nice-it's a shame your bro didn't realize he had an upb in addition to that craptastic raptor boost. <_<

Oh, and play some defense aside from rolling. Spotdodging=better, in my opinion. Get offensively defensive with it. Shorthop a dair to punish, shieldgrab, etc. It's your own char you're fighting-you know what to do. :)

Trip.

Smash Apprentice
THE MUSIC WAS WIN!!

Dash attack less. Anyone who shield grabs would anhilate you.

Cool vid.

Again, THA MUSIC WAS WIN WIN WIN.

=)

Top Bottom