• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oh and BTW (new gimp)

Player-1

Smash Legend
This was discussed very very briefly in the diddy backroom a long time ago, but I guess no one ever felt like putting it out here, but basically if you footstool someone right next to the ledge then they fall offstage which means you can barrel spike them right out of it meaning:

glidetoss > footstool >barrel spike is a true combo and can be done out of a banana lock and st00f, I find it easiest to do on snake

edit: forgot to mention that it's only from the trip animation that it works because I'm pretty sure that the footstool adds some slide to animation which puts them off the stage, so it only works from a trip/slip AFAIK

sai_:)

Smash Ace
If you dair, (If you even can dair that is) you'd miss EXTREMELY bad because you footstooled the opponent...you'd be like 15 feet away

DFEAR

Smash Hero
If you dair, (If you even can dair that is) you'd miss EXTREMELY bad because you footstooled the opponent...you'd be like 15 feet away
this...

also isnt it EASIER to just

banana> grab > pummel forever (near ledge)> grounded grab release/ forced air release if theyre off ledge

read them

punish accordingly with dtilt/dair/fair/sideb

????????

Player-1

Smash Legend
this...

also isnt it EASIER to just

banana> grab > pummel forever (near ledge)> grounded grab release/ forced air release if theyre off ledge

read them

punish accordingly with dtilt/dair/fair/sideb

????????
it's easier to do it, but they don't guarantee a kill like this does (assuming they're at higher percents)

Player-1

Smash Legend
no, this has never been in the social thread. I remember ToKneeOrNotToKnee posted something similar that you can glidetoss>barrel spike some characters if they go off stage while slipping so if you combine this and that then you could hypothetically barrel spike them every single time you glidetoss and hit them near the ledge because both this one and that one have 2 different ranges from the ledge which they work at

Top Bottom