• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offstage vs. Metaknight

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
The tournament I went to yesterday i faced a metaknight who I rocked on stage but everytime he got me offstage I wouldnt be able to get to the edge at all I had so much trouble with the offstage fight to get back on that I lost the matches... He placed 3rd while i placed 9th

I wish I had footage of the matches but there is none... I would get him down to 1 stock every match and I had great stage control but he would rack up all his damage when I was offstage... I felt helpless

Does anybody know of good ways to get back on stage?

he would hit me out of over-b and up-b basically everytime...

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Recover high or far away.

If you get hit by something strong, you should be DIing up and to the corner anyway, Monkey Flip towards the stage when you're up and to the corner offstage, so you can start DIing towards the stage.

If you're at ledge level of the stage, charge your rocket barrels then. MK has the 3rd slowest horizontal aerial movement I believe, so he can't chase you too quickly. Arc your barrels over the ledge towards the stage. Most likely he's going to try to chase you and gimp you, so fire your barrels before he gets close. If he stays on the ledge, arc over the ledge onto the stage (same if he's onstage but right by the ledge, he'll just grab it and kill you).

ADHD

Smash Hero
Recover high if possible, save your jump/side b, wait for him to bait an airdodge and fair instead. Diddy has multiple recovery options. The last resort is just barreling from far away so he can't gimp you, mix it up and it's very hard for him to punish you getting back onto the stage.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Read my post in the Meta Knight match up thread. This was one of the issues I covered. He's probably the the hardest/trickiest to recover against. You just have to mix up your approaches, just remember you have a lot of options.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Depending on where you are recovering from, I find that a lot of MK's will actually get hit when I Kung Fu Kick at them. What's also better usually is when I do that to gain distance and they hit me and I gain the ability to do it again without moving too far, like when they Fair and I SDI upwards out of it or when they hit me with a non semi spike Dair.

Fair works well, also if you can possibly B reverse Peanut gun and cancel it fast, toss a banana, and grab it or hit them with it or whatever.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Stay above MK when recovering and always DI upward towards the corner. If ur below MK (which I hope may never happen) stay low so you can try to get out of his gimp range long enough to monkey flip and upB. But do it quick cause you kno MK will keep comin'.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Best advice, master B Reversing your peanut gun. You should always recover with your back turned. This allows you to bair which stops MK from airdodging a fair and punishing you. Also, momentum changing with B- Reversals can throw you opponent off his spacing.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
Recover high or far away.

If you get hit by something strong, you should be DIing up and to the corner anyway, Monkey Flip towards the stage when you're up and to the corner offstage, so you can start DIing towards the stage.

If you're at ledge level of the stage, charge your rocket barrels then. MK has the 3rd slowest horizontal aerial movement I believe, so he can't chase you too quickly. Arc your barrels over the ledge towards the stage. Most likely he's going to try to chase you and gimp you, so fire your barrels before he gets close. If he stays on the ledge, arc over the ledge onto the stage (same if he's onstage but right by the ledge, he'll just grab it and kill you).
ya.. the thing is he wouldn't really gimp me but just keep me offstage staying at the edge and predicting where I would end up and keep me offstage instead of really trying to gimp me..

Thanks for all the ideas tho..

Top Bottom