• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OffStage Rosy Vids?

Nymphbits

Smash Rookie
I've been trying to work on my ledge/chasing game off stage, but I find it to be incredibly difficult to actually "do" and a lot easier to visualize and talk about. Most of the time when I chase my opponent, I end up just whiffing and having to shamefully recover behind them.

Does anyone happen to have any good videos/visual examples of good Rosy players getting off nice gimps and exhibiting good chasing?

Also, you guys have been really helpful~! The advice given to me here has actually really helped me out and has improved my game a bit. ^^ So thanks!

Smasher89

Smash Lord
something thats helped me recently is to always expect a jump towards the stage, cover that, if they go low you should cover that with a spike. I think its always better to have the back towards the edge if you are in a situation where you got time to go offstage.

Garde Noir

Smash Journeyman
Be aware of how many hitboxes each move has, and get good at anticipating where certain characters tend to recover from.
For example, Villager likes to recover up, so falling offstage and throwing low B-airs is a good option. Up-airs are less so. Falcon likes to recover using Up-B because it chains, so use Luma Shot to cover that.
There are no SPECIFIC videos that I know of, but in Smash 4, most of the kill take place off-stage. Just watch some Dabuz videos, he does it pretty well.

Nymphbits

Smash Rookie
Sorry for my ultra late reply, but thanks! This was exactly what I was looking for. ^^ I have a much better idea of how to approach things!

Top Bottom