• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Young Link Match ups 2015

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Momentum degrades at its normal rate while you are in the teching animation, as well as being locked to the stage.

MagicScrumpy

Smash Journeyman
Zelda really has nothing on YL; he's faster than she is, and he has very good projectiles to which Zelda doesn't really have an answer. YL can just annoy her and easily avoid her powerful stuff.

ihasabuket

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know if ice climbers Fsmash is 45 degrees or lower from the ground? Id like to see if you can amsah tech the wobble to fsmash.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
ihasabuket, I think you can only amsah tech dsmash. I had an IC main tell me to "go for the tech ... in case they use dsmash as a finisher".

With that said, it's way too hard to react to the wobble tech like that. I've been wondering if holding c-stick down and repeatedly pressing L/R is a good way to prepare for wobbles -- if they let go, you buffer spotdodging. If they dsmash, you'll sometimes get the tech.

ihasabuket

Smash Journeyman
fsmash startup is 12 frames and hitlag on fsmash is 8 frames(unstaled). You should have enough time to react but the problem is that its hard to find a visual cue with popo standing in front of nana. Either way if people start doing this ICs will just start upsmashing.

Last edited:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
IIRC if you press L/R during hitlag it also doesn't work. You have to press it before the move hits or before you touch the ground/wall. Pressing during hitlag is what causes people to commonly miss the falcon/ganon upb tech

TriNewton

Smash Cadet
Fundamentally, YL wrecks Zelda because YL is good against floaties and Zelda is either the worst or the second worst floaty.

Barry BlaZe

Smash Cadet
Came here looking for some YL vs Peach advice. Havent really figured out much besides running circles around her with projectiles :p. Any advice would be appreciated

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Projectile camping is a lot of YL's matchups, get used to it. Pull bomb, throw boomerang, dash dance, throw bomb, jump nair/dair/fair.

I think you can shield grab her dsmash, though it might depend on spacing.

In many matchups you want to stay close to peach so she cannot pull a turnip, but in this case I'm not sure how much you mind. Bombs are better than regular turnips in every way, plus you have boomerang. So giving up room to pull a bomb, allowing her to pull turnip, is still a favorable trade. In this way, peach is slightly pressured to chase you to prevent the bomb pull, which is not something peach is very good at. And of course, how well you use bombs is an important factor.

Top Bottom