• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Wolf Stage Discussion Thread

dak0tah

Smash Cadet
i havnt noticed a thread for this, but have seen various oppinions on what stages wolf is great on and which he should avoid. i figure this is fairly important information as you want to know which stages are good counterpicks for any tourneys. ill start.

FD-bad stage. no stage scaring, no platforms to illusion towards, blaster doesnt reach the other end.

Halberd seems good, cant get trapped underneath with wolfs poor recovery, UpB straight thru the floor. same goes on delfino.

distant planet is ok, the leaves set up for a good illusion

there's something about castle siege that just seems pro-wolf, but i cant put my finger on it. it may just be me, but i rarely lose here and i dont know why

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Alright, two opinions straight up:

1. This thread is a good idea. I'm glad you made it. If you could make it a little more official and... for a lack of a better word, prettier looking that would be great.

2. Illusion is NOT as bad *** as everyone is making it sound. Sweet spot is more than impractical to land, you incur ridiculous relative landing lag, if you don't sweet spot the attack does hardly anything, it is difficult to control its length, and it is an average recovery move. Other than side bing through a stage or as many of you are calling it, scarring, which I refuse to call it that, it is a rather impratical move.

dak0tah

Smash Cadet
1. This thread is a good idea. I'm glad you made it. If you could make it a little more official and... for a lack of a better word, prettier looking that would be great.
this is a very good point, but what im gunna do is wait till there's a bit of feed back, and compile a list of everything we come up with, then update the first post

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I agree. That's what I did with my Official thread... which I still have to update. So I guses I'm kind of a hypocrite in that respect. I apologize, but yeah.

I don't know... people are saying FD is bad, I don't really so what is so bad about it OTHER than lame ledge gimps. Though, I find BF to be my favorite. However, it isn't so hot against a Marth or someone else who excels with a platform game. My two cents.

I also love the Great Sea... just... in general (Btw, Great Sea = Pirate Ship but that is a lame name). It could be the fact that I just love that stage so much, but it seems like a pretty good Wolf stage. You can do illusion tricks on the right side if I'm not mistaken, your juggle game is pretty good in the center parts with the platforms, Wolf Wall is very easy to perform with the oddly curved stage, and spikes can kill at low percents.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
I'll just point out the stages that work well, and dont work well period according to official stages for wolf in my opinion:

Neutral Stages:

Battlefield- Possibly the best stage wolf can be played on due to being able to use all of wolf's advanced techniques(scarring, telestepping, etc). Because battlefield is such an even sized stage, wolf's blaster is almost totally effective in always possible, as well as the platforms to support him in various aerial combats.
Castle Seige-Not to particular on the stage, although, can fair a good fight due to the smallness of the stage, thus forcing the opponent into melee combat with you, which, wolf excells in.
Delfino Plaza- Not a bad stage either, since most of the same things are capable as in battlefield.
FD-Considered to be the worst stage for wolf although it trully isnt. By mastering some of wolf's other moves(canceling you side B to jet across the stage), and using a SH blaster approach, you can pretty much force your opponent to enter the fray.
Lylat Cruise-Im sure if you can scar this stage(I dont think so atleast) but it's width is just the amount needed for wolf to be just as effective as in battlefield and such.
Smashville-Basically battle feild with out the three platforms. All techniques are possible as well as it's nice size allowing wolf to cover the distance with his blaster.
Yoshi's Island-Yet another good stage for wolf since his techniques can be used on this stage as well, AND you can pretty much cover the distance of Yoshi's island as easily as Smashville, and so on.

I'll state my opinion on counter picks later. For now, here's the neutral stages.

Hose A

Smash Cadet
I don't mind FD all that much. Sure, you can't scar it, and the bottom sucks for recovery, but if you can learn to work around it, then it's a decent stage. Scarring is important to Wolf's edge game, but it isn't of chief importance, wins can occur without it.

Personally, I like Smashville and Battlefield because they are small, scarrable, and balanced. They give Wolf a nice advantage.

Top Bottom