• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "We Love Brawl" Thread

fluffy

Smash Champion
After seeing many people saying how disappointed they were with this game I was wondering...who here loves brawl for what it is?

Why can't people appreciate the crisp graphics, fun game-play, and beautiful music? This game is truly awesome and I feel sorry for the ones that will be sticking to melee.

pirkid

Smash Lord
After seeing many people saying how disappointed they were with this game I was wondering...who here loves brawl for what it is?

Why can't people appreciate the crisp graphics, fun game-play, and beautiful music? This game is truly awesome and I feel sorry for the ones that will be sticking to melee.
Seriously, I love Brawl, I don't feel much of a change between the two. Brawl is too great.
I'm having so much fun with Brawl it's like getting my N64 for Christmas again.

I salute you, sir.
And then I double crouch.

Gesi1223

Smash Apprentice
This quote applies to those not willing to accept Brawl and are sticking to Melee:

"What's the matter? Scared?" -Wolf O'Donnel

:p

Edit: Yes, I love Brawl.

Nova X81

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4768-7615-3064
Switch FC
SW-1268-6324-2517
Brawl's a blast to play. I will agree its not as competitive as melee (Yet? perhaps), but who cares -- its fun as hell.

UobteX

Smash Cadet
Brawl is great, but I feel it needs to be sent back to Nintendo to be worked on some more. Don't get me wrong or anything, I enjoy playing it every day after school, but for some reason it seems that Sakurai didn't utilize the amount of time he had to make this game to the fullest.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Brawl is very good, but it's not ahead of it's time.

It CAN be adjusted to perfection, we just rushed Suckurai.

Overall, however, online is going to keep me active for a while.

I sort of love Brawl.

Kabi

Smash Rookie
I think brawl is a worthy successor to the smash franchise. I miss some of the techniques, but it has some new tricks on its own. There's a problem with sequels. Usually, a sequel is more of the same *coughhalocough*. At least brawl tries to change up some aspects to provide a fresh experience.

Reminds me of hardcore starcraft fans that refuse to play the new one because they think the first one is "flawless, unbeatable" It's a new game people, learn to play.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I LOVE BRAWL!!!

A common misconception about competitive players(me included) who say they don't like Brawl is that they mean the game as a whole. Most people on these boards are gamers like you and me who appreciate a good game. I enjoy Brawl, I find it fun, I like SSE and the for some reason the Coin Launcher is really addictive. That said, I don't like Brawl as a competitive game, but I don't have to because I don't have to play it as a competitive game.

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for making this topic, fluffy!

I LOVE THIS GAME!!

I LOVE BRAWL!!!

A common misconception about competitive players(me included) who say they don't like Brawl is that they mean the game as a whole. Most people on these boards are gamers like you and me who appreciate a good game. I enjoy Brawl, I find it fun, I like SSE and the for some reason the Coin Launcher is really addictive. That said, I don't like Brawl as a competitive game, but I don't have to because I don't have to play it as a competitive game.
Really? Well, that's fine! I respect that. :)

P.S. - I'm a casual.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I love brawl i'm better at play brawl than i am at playing melee the lighter physics work way better for me.

Smash Cadet
I love Brawl.

The online could be improved a tad, but besides that the whole game is wonderful. As time goes on, it can only get better.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Brawl is what Melee should have been.

Nintendo's servers need some help, but it's great other than that.

xl Lan lx

Smash Apprentice
I can't stop playing this game! :D

It is, BY FAR, the BEST game for the Wii. And likely will STAY the best game for the Wii in my mind. Very few games make me coming back for more after 36 hours of gameplay (my current Brawl time).

So yes, BRAWL FTW! :)

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
I LOVE BRAWL!!!

Thanks for posting that. I think a lot of competitive players share this viewpoint, they are just really frustrated about some of the things in Brawl. It is really hard to adjust your thinking, when you've been looking forward to something for a long time, and then it turned out to not be what you were expecting.

There are a lot of things that disappoint me about Brawl too. Though on the other hand, there are more than enough new aspects of the game to make me enjoy it more than Melee.

Personally, back in the day I didn't want to move on to Melee from Smash 64. I thought it was too fast-paced and crazy to ever be balanced. I realize I was wrong back then, and have been playing Melee religiously for years. But now that I see how Brawl has changed, in my eyes it has mostly changed for the better. I know that other people disagree... many people preferred that super-fast-paced action Melee provided. But there are actually many of us that prefer the style of Brawl. Its just hard for them to see that from their perspectives.

Really, the Smash Bros. series have always been my favorite games of all time, since the N64 days. But not because of their competitive nature, because I simply enjoyed playing them. I played them to have fun, not to compete against others. Not that competing isn't fun... on the contrary, I enjoy it quite a lot. But that isn't the reason I play.

So hopefully over time, once people have a chance to vent and come to terms, things will settle down quite a bit. Some people will still play Melee, I have no doubt. And there is nothing at all wrong with that... in fact I respect that decision if thats what they would prefer.

But the rest of us will move on to Brawl... some more happily than others... but I think in time more people will come to respect the game as a competitive challenge. The game has barely been released, and everyone is still new at it. Sure the strategies will be very different than they were in Melee. Which is expected... this is a different game. I honestly don't know if Brawl will ever compare to the glory of Melee on the competitive scene. But regardless, I will play it, and have a blast all the way. :)

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
Brawl is good. What is NOT good is the Brawl kiosk at Six Flags Over Georgia. NO ONE who plays with a Wiimote that drops signal every 60 seconds will want to buy that game, esp. the casuals to whom Nintendo so desperately whores themselves out. Some poor sap was attempting to navigate menus by standing 2 inches from the screen and physically jabbing it with the Wiimote. Saddest thing ever. I had to leave before I laughed so hard they kicked me out.

TMS

Smash Journeyman
I love Brawl. I already have 250-300 hours of power time. I only have 700 hours of Melee power time, and I got it the Christmas it came out.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Brawl is great, I love it. Just because it may not be as competitively sound as Melee doesn't mean it isn't TECHNICALLY a better game OVERALL.

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just spent nearly 500 bucks (consoles and games are WAY expensive in my country) just to play brawl. Basically I just bought the single most expensive game ever.

And I'm pretty satisfied until now.

AlexX

Smash Ace
Nice comic. It has a Sin City flair to it.
It's one that a friend of mine showed to me a while ago. He said it was a spoof of the Hellsing manga.

Posted it because I thought it represented my love for Brawl pretty effectively.

PityLord

Smash Apprentice
I recognize that scene from the manga. Mario is like the psychotic general nazi from hell xD. I cant say that I love Brawl though since I dont have it. IM IN LOVE WITH BRAWL!!! I love all smash games and all Nintendo characters and their games. So yeah I surely will love Brawl :D.

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
That is certainly hellsing-esque... no particular reason for how I saw it instantly

Replace Brawl with Melee and change some stage names and it would still be very fitting... both games are awesome for the reasons listed.

Jimtopia

Smash Apprentice
I do indeed love Brawl, I'm so glad this thread was made, with all the hate going around, I needed to see a supporting thread for Brawl. :kirby: Kirby approves!

Top Bottom