• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Wario doubles thread!

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I am starting to REALLY enjoy lucario + wario teams.

So flame we gonna team sometime right?

Waymas

Smash Journeyman
i dunno about lucario never team with one , but i guess the wario needs to save lucario when hes tryin to recover , too bad lucario cant help wario at all , but lucario can rack tons of damage and wario can just kill em. You can get combos goin also since lucario can just fair them and you can get a free bite to another lucario fair to waft maybe.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
i dunno about lucario never team with one , but i guess the wario needs to save lucario when hes tryin to recover , too bad lucario cant help wario at all , but lucario can rack tons of damage and wario can just kill em. You can get combos goin also since lucario can just fair them and you can get a free bite to another lucario fair to waft maybe.
Nah, wario just needs to hold the stock and save lucario when hes in trouble.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Wario and Marth is sick. Especially if Marth can get a hold of your tires. He has so many options with them. An amazing Glide Toss, his Z drop options are good also. Plus you just have a fast, powerful team here. Both can go aggro or camp, both can kill as well. Wario can use D-Throw to setup for Marth smashes and other stuff.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Wario and Marth is sick. Especially if Marth can get a hold of your tires. He has so many options with them. An amazing Glide Toss, his Z drop options are good also. Plus you just have a fast, powerful team here. Both can go aggro or camp, both can kill as well. Wario can use D-Throw to setup for Marth smashes and other stuff.
I'll disagree with this Marth blows in dubz. He'll just sit in the corner and fair. His recovery blows and he doesn't make a good partner. He can't stock tank, he doesn't kill well and he doesn't rack damage.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Well, until someone steps up and takes this thread, I'll update the OP with WarCario.

Marth or Snake discussion? It's your call Warios! :D

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
i vote marth discussion!

I think it has the potential to be an amazing team, with marths fsmash tipper and wario waft, you can make sure your opponents never live past 100%

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Oh, I didn't get a chance to introduce myself. I'm Snack Attack obviously, if you wanna talk sometime PM me or whatever. Welcome to the Wario boards!

Waymas

Smash Journeyman
wario/marth mm lets see might be a really good team since of the smash tipper and wafts like niks said , but marth is a char that cant be really easy to help out of stage since hes kinda gimpy.

Anyway you can do nice combos with marth fairs or anything else , imo marth/wario is a good team.

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
but marth is a char that cant be really easy to help out of stage since hes kinda gimpy.
well if your a wario thats doesnt keep your uair fresh for the kill (like me), then it can be a good move to save marth with (if you uair them just after they upB).

Otherwise you can jump past them offstage and bike back (towards the stage) into them which i find can also work quite well provided the marth can DI the bike hit properly :)

tedeth

Smash Master
Here's the plan Nicks.

We base the entire Wario/Marth vs Wario/Snake discussion on our doubles match at RoboCop. :)

I think Marth Wario could work reeeeasonably well. Both characters can play a reasonable supporting or lead role but I feel there are better teams available for Wario.

tedeth

Smash Master
I personally think that Snake is Wario's best partner IF both players know their roles and stick to them.

This may be because I've played mostly with a Snake player but I've also played in doubles with a top MK player in our country and I think Snake is a better teammate.

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
well last time we played MK,Wario vs Wario,Snake im pretty sure i remember us ****** you! lol

seriously tho i think wario is better with MK than snake coz nado follow-ups are SOOO good! Plus since both wario and snake are both heavies it makes the team more prone to teams combos.

Asa

Smash Hero
opinions on wario/pika?

debating whether to team with a pika or a zss for my next tourney

Labernash

Smash Lord
Yo Snack, how bout a Toon Link next? If I was to ever team with somebody, it'd be my friend who's a TL. Bro's before MetaKnights eh wot?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I like wario and wario. Except all the warios are pretty bad and they just hold me back.

I trust you guys not to tell anyone.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Lmfao Dyno.
I don't like Wario Wario as much as people do... I like Wario falcon actually... But I also think Wario diddy works amazingly well. Ground control + air control + Wario trademark epicness = raep

RiverDB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiVerDB
Don't got much experience on teams with Wario yet, but Wario-Wolf worked pretty swell when i tried that, and i'll team with a GaW/ROB next weekend at a tourney, so we'll see what'll happen. And i'm agreeing that Wario-Diddy would prolly be a pretty awesome team.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I teamed with player1 and I dont know about that team. I personally didnt seem to do that well with diddy. It might have been the way he played or the way i played in teams. but that was the 1 experience i had with a good diddy player so my mindset about that team is fairly negative at the moment. They way you guys are explaining it with the air control + ground control sounds pretty tempting.

Teams is sooo fun :chuckle:

Waymas

Smash Journeyman
dunno i think diddy is a good partner kause of the nanas + glide and ground control. But thats just my opinion i have never team with a diddy

Top Bottom