• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Waddle Doo Thread

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Waddle Doo may be one of the most important enemies in Kirby's games. He often is the first enemy (besides Waddle Dee) that Kirby encounters. He is one of the most iconic common enemies from the series, as well.

He has also appeared in all of Kirby's games (With the exeption of Air Ride).

Waddle Doo for Brawl!

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
waddle dee is cool i agree he needs 2 be in brawl a while ago i was thinking waddle dee may be cool in brawl but waddle doo is better

Stryks

Smash Hero
nah gotta say no, besides dedede has practically his spot in brawl, tough another kirby character wouldnt hurt, i gotta say no...

phate

Smash Apprentice
I think that that would actually be kinda cool although I doubt it would happen. Waddle Doo just doesnt have any sort of complexity to him. I think they should make waddle dee and doo as alternate costumes for kirby.

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
Yeah I have to agree, Kirby has enough representitives, other games need people in, like the Donkey Kong series and the Metroid series for sure. Really though, Waddlo Doo? You can't be serious, for a character to be in the SSB series they need to have some sort of personality to themselves and need to have made a name for themselves.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Yeah, Kirby has enough representation. They need some more DK, F-Zero, and Fire Emblem chars.
THAT'S true. As far as F-Zero is concerned, I only seem to go with Samurai Goroh, since I hardly know any of the others, and Fire Emblem... my main guy is Ike, but I have a FEW others... I'm all set with DK.

Anyway, back on topic. Waddle Doo...

Platypus

Smash Ace
Astride a magic potato alongside Mario. ________ S
Doo has shizloads of moves!

Two words: Kirby Superstar.
In addition to the beam, he has the Cyclone, the Grapple Swing (only in enemy form), the Machine Gun, the Chain, & the Blaster.
Five more words: First miniboss on Kirby 64.
He gets the body drop & the chuck.
BTW, I made a moveset for him, but I don't have a link to it.

Platypus

Smash Ace
Astride a magic potato alongside Mario. ________ S
That was a waste of a post. Whoops, Hiphopcracy! Uh...
Waddle Dee has even fewer moves and people suggest him pretty often. Maybe w/the parasol... But Doo has a parasol form, too... Maybe that could be added... But Peach has a parasol...Screw it, I'm not going to explain it.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
That was a waste of a post. Whoops, Hiphopcracy! Uh...
Waddle Dee has even fewer moves and people suggest him pretty often. Maybe w/the parasol... But Doo has a parasol form, too... Maybe that could be added... But Peach has a parasol...Screw it, I'm not going to explain it.
You know what this reminds me of?

I've seen dozens of people suggest Koopa from the Mario series, even though he doesn't have very many moves. Also, there was a small rumor that Koopa was a character in SSBM, though it wasn't as popular as the Sonic and Tails, or the Toad rumors.

Gileril

Smash Cadet
When I thought about another possible character similar to the ice climbers, waddle doo and waddle dee as a team were the first to come into my mind.

Gileril

Smash Cadet
there really isn't a reason to get fed up over a forum of discussion based on speculation- unless of course you're a greasy forum *****, posting and eating away his low self esteem.

waddle dee and waddle doo made more sense than the ice climbers ever did a in a team character scenario. I am more familiar with older kirby games- when dee and doo were pretty much clones of each other, so if they have recently been more distinguished from each other correct me. I think they are the perfect 2nd ice climbers. Explain your disdain for this idea other than just not liking the characters.

there really isn't a reason to get fed up over a forum of discussion based on speculation- unless of course you're a greasy forum *****, posting and eating away his low self esteem.
You take this far too seriously when I was not.If you known Zook,he isn't known to be stu--wait....He is.Regaurdless,don't explode on me.

waddle dee and waddle doo made more sense than the ice climbers ever did a in a team character scenario. I am more familiar with older kirby games- when dee and doo were pretty much clones of each other, so if they have recently been more distinguished from each other correct me. I think they are the perfect 2nd ice climbers. Explain your disdain for this idea other than just not liking the characters.
Ok then

1.Waddle Dee and Waddle Doo are two slighty distinguished enemies from the Kirby series.Waddle Dee,who posses no abilities at all besides an obstical,and Waddle Doo,who posses an eye beam attack.That's all there is to them,simplistic generic enemies that bare no individuality what so ever.Smash Bros. is a game for fighting ALL-STARS,not generic crap enemies.

2.Ice Climbers stared in there own series.Even though not familiar to you,they were there own characters,and had therr own game to star in.Even the IC's BtT game represented a nostalgic touch from there game.

3.You just stated that they were clones of eachother,which means they really are preety much useless.One is a power up evolved from a useless enemy in the Kirby series.

I'm sorry for liking "Original" and "Tasteful" characters,I didn't know what I was thinking.

Good day sir.

W00T: 2,500 Post FTW ^_^

Gileril

Smash Cadet
Assessments of originality and taste are opinions. In the kirby games I played they were bosses- not always trash enemies. You say they have no real abilities of their own aside from the beam attack and tools. I might remind you that kirby has no real techniques that are his own- so why is his swallow not his only special move? Because they made him able to use the cutter, hammer, and rock form without having absorbed those enemies. You should know that a character not having many moves in its native game is a non-issue in ssb- if the character is someone they wanted to include they would make up moves sooner than drop them. Your only argument that makes sense is the fact that you simply don't like them, which is fine; I know they probably won't get in because there are other, more prominent characters. I am merely stating that I believe they would be fun to play, and I would rather see them on the roster than characters such as a crappy girl clone of fox, a clone of wario concocted for the sake of giving him a tennis doubles partner, and a slew of other crap. I would rather see another version of one of the most original playstyles.

Sorry if I was harsh to you, but I didn't see anything in your post that made me think you were joking. Perhaps the avid poster would get it ;)

edit: in the first instance of a boss encounter in my mind I mixed up waddle dee/doo with lololo and lalala- regardless dee and doo are mini bosses in other games, but lo and la could be a healthy substitute.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Waddle Doo as an Adevnture Mode enemy? Yes

As a character? No way.

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
i think he would work great as an alt. costume for kirby, though it would be awkward to see him do the swallow move, but he is too minor i'd go for king dedede

out of all the minor characters from kirby i'd like to see knuckle joe though because hes awesome

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
i think he would work great as an alt. costume for kirby, though it would be awkward to see him do the swallow move, but he is too minor i'd go for king dedede

out of all the minor characters from kirby i'd like to see knuckle joe though because hes awesome
Is that partly because of the anime series?

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i have here a moveset i created for a waddle dee waddle doo moveset, IC style
^B- waddle dee opens his parasol while waddle doo grabs onto his feet, a gust of wind pulls them up and then they fall back to the surface slowly
B- waddle dee and waddle doo summon a random enemy from the kirby series, each one having a different affect. works similar to the pokeball, with the rare one beings paintroller, dark matter, and that witch guy from canvis curse
B>- waddle doo turns into his fireroller, waddle dee jumps on top, and they roll around the stage with waddle dee throwing spears in front of him
BV- don't know

alternate ^B- waddle dee uses his spear to polevault and waddle doo grabs onto his feet, while in the air doo spams his beam attack

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
sorry for double post but its the only way i can get all of this in.

waddle dee would use his spear and parasol for the majority of his attacks, while waddle doo uses elemental attack like his beam and fire charge. they also have tag team moves for a smash or two, but most of those are reserved for b moves.

waddle dee has been more of a common enemy, he has appeared as a miniboss, kirby's ally, and even a playable character in some games. he was also a pretty big playa in the anime seires if im not mistaken. i see waddle doo as waddle dee's brother.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
La di da~

Neutral B: Waddle Doo holds his wand back, and starts to charge for a bit. The charge isn’t as long as any other character’s chargeable B attacks, and the results come into forms. If released quickly, Waddle Doo will use his signature whip. If charged up though, he will strike the whip down, with the whip’s tip energy ball much larger than normal The tip falls off when it hits the ground, and then bounces up for extra range, then disappears. (Side note. If Kirby eats this ball of disconnected energy, he will get Waddle Doo’s power without actually eating him)

Forward B: Waddle Doo stands on his tip toe, leans forward, and unleashes a spiraling spray of energy from his wand. It can be held, and the spray will stay out longer, but its range will shrink back into his wand after extended use.

Up B: Waddle Doo slings his whip, which connects to a random spot in the sky. He then swings off of it upwards, like Tarzan like a vine with his feet out in a kick. Unfortunately for him, at after the apex of his swing, his wand shorts out, and he starts to fall again, with a tear in his eye.

Down B: Waddle Doo takes out a umbrella and rotates it over his head. Little stars fall to either side of him, and after a second, he puts it away.

FS: Several Waddle Doos with spears start to fall from the sky to aid the character controlled WD. There are about 10 of them who fall down specifically over opponents, with their spears to the ground. Once they hit the ground, the lose their spears, and start to uncontrollably to the sides of the arena, and fall off. If on a walk off stage, they will simply roll to the end, and if there is no way for them to roll off, they will explode after hitting a wall. They will also explode if they hit a opponent, which will damage them.

Top Bottom