• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Official) Ultimate Gaming Center 2015 Smash4 National - Results

UGCgamer

Smash Apprentice
1/17/2015 Final Battle Results

Yesterday marked a milestone. A true test of commitment and perseverance within the Smash community. What we witnessed 24 hours ago was perhaps a phenomenon. A perfect storm of the finest professionals in Smash, coming together to achieve the impossible.

When Zeyan Nizami set out to create the Dungeon Series almost 1 year ago, no one could have imagined that the series would have led to a true Final Battle, a National, where the best across the country met head to head in a real battle of endurance. The commitment and drive of Zeyan Nizami took what we hoped to be a great experience and turned it into a ‘Historic Event’ for the Smash Community. It made Final Battle not only SoCal’s largest Smash4 tournament but a ‪#‎Nintendo‬ 2015 National, at that.

To Sky Williams, who broke records yesterday. A true leader. You stood in the center of the room for 9 hours commanding the ship. The determination, stamina, and persistence you showed yesterday impressed us all. I think we can all learn something about ourselves and our tolerance after watching your exceptional T.O. performance. It is no surprise that the Smash Community looks at you so highly. Well Done! And thank you for your hard work!

The Era of Smash Bros. The growth in general of eSports continues to captivate us all, and we believe this is because of the people, the communities, the gatherings, the fans. The vast commitment of continuing the Smash Bros eCircuit is decided upon solely and strictly by the people. This in itself is history in the making. If we look at the history of sports in general, each Professional League such as the NBA, Wrestling, World Cup etc. all started the same way, by the people demanding expansion. This brings us to an interesting question…. Are Smash Bros tournaments ready to make their breakthrough into mainstream and pop culture?

With the turnout for ‘Final Battle’ being as large as it was, it is safe to say that for many of us it was another great day to love Smash, and for others, a rough 1st experience or a long day waiting to get your named called. All and all, we experienced history together. The attendees, like the T.O.’s, grasped the situation at hand and all pulled together to make sure this event was not only done in 1 day, but done right! UGC has only been around a little over a year, and for our venue and staff to be tested by the masses, teaches us that we must continue to evolve and adapt to the aggressively growing, Smash Bros Community. For those of you that feel we may have let you down, we extend our sincere apologies and hope that you allow us to make it up to you.

Without further ado… Coming soon in recognition of winning 1st place at Final Battle! There are 2 new Champions that have been crowned.
*Mural on the Wall of Champions for Gonzalo Barrios (Zero), for Smash4
*Mural on the Wall of Champions for Nairoby Quezada (Nairo) for Super Smash Bros Brawl

Final Count:
Smash4 Singles: 252 Contestants
Smash4 Dubs: 63 Teams
SSBB: 59 Contestants
SSBB Dubs: 20 Teams

UGCgamer

Smash Apprentice
1/17/15 Final Battle Results
Smash 4 wiiU Singles Results:
1. ZeRo
2. Nairo
3. LarryLurr
4. NME Zex
5. CT ESAM
5. NME Xzax
7. 8bitman
7. SlayerZ
9. AZHP K9
9. Bloodcross
9. Im Hip
9. NME Tyrant

*Challonge Brackets: 252 Contestants (Singles)

http://challonge.com/FBSSB4Singles
*Standings:
http://challonge.com/FBSSB4Singles/standings

Smash 4 wiiU Doubles Results:
1. LoF Nakat | Nairo
2. ZeRo | NME Tyrant
3. Mr. ConCon | LarryLurr
4. Xzax | Tearbear
5. Crow | SlayerZ
5. SFA SS | AZHP K9
7. Mastazenyou | Chaos
7. S2H | Scizor
9. BoA | Teba
9. MVD | ESAM
9. Stridez | Panda
9. TKD | IceDX

*Challonge Brackets: 63 Teams (Doubles)
http://challonge.com/FBSSB4Dubs
*Standings:
http://challonge.com/FBSSB4Dubs/standings

StYcKz

Smash Cadet
NNID
StYcKz
Man I really had a good, no, GREAT time in this event! I appreciate you guys letting us have this tournament, more than you can imagine! Too bad I didn't show up in the pictures. I was wearing a green cap like Link's! I would love to go back to this venue but it's 40 miles away from Azusa! I hope this little venue will prosper and when I do come back I will have a great time! Keep SMASHING!

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
/17/15 Final Battle Results
Smash 4 wiiU Singles Results:
1. ZeRo :4diddy:
2. Nairo :4zss: :4pit: :4robinf:
3. LarryLurr :4fox:
4. NME Zex :4sheik:
5. CT ESAM :4pikachu:
5. NME Xzax :4mario: :4diddy: :4robinf:
7. 8bitman :4rob:
7. SlayerZ :4peach:
9. AZHP K9 :4sheik:
9. Bloodcross :4fox: :4charizard:
9. Im Hip :4olimar: :4duckhunt:
9. NME Tyrant :4diddy:

*Challonge Brackets: 252 Contestants (Singles)
http://challonge.com/FBSSB4Singles
*Standings:
http://challonge.com/FBSSB4Singles/standings

Smash 4 wiiU Doubles Results:
1. LoF Nakat :4ness: | Nairo :4zss:
2. ZeRo :4diddy: :4sheik: | NME Tyrant :4diddy:
3. Mr. ConCon :4luigi: | LarryLurr :4fox:
4. NME Xzax :4robinf: :4diddy:| Tearbear :4falcon: :4mario:
5. Crow :4peach: | SlayerZ :4peach:
5. SFA SS :4villager: :4ness: | AZHP K9 :4sheik:
7. Mastazenyou :4mario: | Chaos :4luigi:
7. S2H :4metaknight: | Scizor :4metaknight: :4greninja: