• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official STB Thread!

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
That was a good game from Dan, good job. But I also heard that dark ***** Southpaw, sweet job Dark! Top 4. Light as usual had to play against STB, but thats cool. Ka, did well, I mean....B- stick is pretty good. Good times to everyone who came to the house today. Omar "Toro" Chacon was also showing what a real Samus plays like. Good times yammer, as always. Yo, Butters, Ka is this great guy from a local crew called TCB. He plays with Jiggy and has progressed pretty well through competition.

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman
You gave Brandon a good run for his money, Ka. We gotta play some time again.

Oh, and next time, Dark.... next time.... (So close... epic 3 game, last stock, high percent set.)
Those are kind words, Dan. I really appreciate the acknowledgment of my efforts against Brandon. He was tough.

k, who's that guy
(rapping)
Hey, yo!

My name is Ka,
I work da mic like an amsterdam smoka will puff-ruff the pipe till its raw.

No pun to intend here,
I play jiggs and I two-stocked light thats bradley a kid who Ima buy his first beer.

(beat crescendos up, then down)

Thats all I got.

Oh, wait. Want some toast with that?

So.. I finished Karas.

The second half was a lot better than the second half... it was also more disturbing.
Tai, where the hell have you been. Notice that wasn't even a question?

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
Those are kind words, Dan. I really appreciate the acknowledgment of my efforts against Brandon. He was tough.

(rapping)
Hey, yo!

My name is Ka,
I work da mic like an amsterdam smoka will puff-ruff the pipe till its raw.

No pun to intend here,
I play jiggs and I two-stocked light thats bradley a kid who Ima buy his first beer.

(beat crescendos up, then down)

Thats all I got.

Oh, wait. Want some toast with that?

Tai, where the hell have you been. Notice that wasn't even a question?
Okay, since it wasn't a question, I won't answer.

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman
I actually edited in the second sentence only.

However, I bet you're going to question what I say like you usually do.
Tai, I wrote a short screenplay that expresses my feelings towards your disrespectful response to Vat-Zero. THE Vat-Zero.

The Cast?

You are played by: Guy in blue shirt

I am played by: Samuel L. Jackson

Vat-Zero = Marcellus Wallace

Enjoy, and learn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czb4jn5y94g

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
Well said and Expressed, Ka. So..Tai.....I'm sure that you don't want to be the blue shirt guy in the future. Because Ka will shoot you down, for such disrespect.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Hey, Tai!

Oscar gave me a cool black GCN Controller shell. And I wanted to ask you if you could put the innards of my current control into the shell of the new one.

?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
So where are the results of that Devestation tournament?
I don't know the whole thing, but it went:

1) Forward
2) Wobbles
3) Light
4) Dark
5) South Paw ?
5) Brandon ?
7) Me
7) More, don't remember who.

Cuz I lost to Dark, then Coty lost to Dark (**** you Dark...) then he was in the final four.

I don't remember the rest. Anyone else remember more? I'll see if the Devastation guys have the results.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
lol calm down dan, man how come no one cheered me on when i was fighting coty. messed up guys... messed up... *shakes head*
1st time i ever beat coty in a tourney match, i was so psyched afterwords. was a epic match with goop, dan, and coty. goop was playing cheaply against me, chaingrabbin my sheik with his. i didnt resolve it by chaingrabbin back, if i was gonna lose, so be it. it was fun. challenging.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ahh, no, Dark. Coty and I drove together, and he was cheering for me when I fought you, so I had to return the favor. You know we're best buds, lol!

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Hey, the boards are back up! Also, I'm posting with the new laptop I bought today, which is cool. And kind of not, because it has Vista. So far, though, I'm not noticing any problems with the OS.

Also, technically, it isn't an argument, as I always win. And how can I not with all of the delicious fruit flavors in my mouth?

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Thanks, man. It set me back $950 (Including taxes). It's got an AMD Tourion X2 processor, 2GB RAM, 250GB hard drive, and a 17" widescreen display. I'm pretty happy overall.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sweet deal, G-mo. Those are some good numbers for a laptop.

1 quick bit of advice: When you're on campus and you use ASU's free wifi, it's unencrypted. That means anyone who cares to listen can see everything you do online there. So just don't, like, pay your bills on that network, you know.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Thanks, Dan.

Wait, there are unsecure networks? What if I want to use mine at home to pay bills and such? Is there a way that I can make my home network secure? I know very little of things. :(

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Heh... well... don't be so quick to say that it's "secure" just because you put a password on it. But you can make it rather inconvenient for someone to intercept your data, for sure.

Plus someone is much less likely to **** with your wifi at home, as opposed to ASU's network. Here's the breakdown:

1) No security. This is what ASU's public wifi network has. It's like this so that anyone can log into it.

2) WEP. This is at most an inconvenience for someone who knows what they're doing. You can get through it in about 15 minutes. But it'll keep out the ultra-noobs.

3) WPA. Much better. Will take about a month of packet sniffing to crack the key, so you can count on it being secure. I mean, I doubt you're doing anything so important that a hacker would want to devote that kind of time into, yes?

But seriously, the number one thing that you want to do for your home wifi router is change the default username and password. Dear god, change the default password.

If you don't, it's so easy to just drive up in front of your house, plug in the default username and password, log into your router, and upload it bad firmware, bricking the router, and just drive away. Too bad, go buy a new router, good day sir.

Not that I would do that...

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
You have to go to your browser and enter the IP of your router. This is probably "192.168.1.1", but you can check by going into a command prompt and typing "ipconfig". That'll tell you what your IP is. Your router's will be the same thing, but with a 1 for the last number (maybe a zero...).

So if it tells you your IP is 192.168.1.101, your router's will be 192.168.1.1

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
You have to go to your browser and enter the IP of your router. This is probably "192.168.1.1", but you can check by going into a command prompt and typing "ipconfig". That'll tell you what your IP is. Your router's will be the same thing, but with a 1 for the last number (maybe a zero...).

So if it tells you your IP is 192.168.1.101, your router's will be 192.168.1.1
Okay, thanks (Jake and Dan)

Also, I agree with Steve.

Personally, Mint Chocolate Chip pwns Sherbet.

Butter Pecan's also purrty **** good.

I'd go off on a tangeant, but having owned an ice cream shop before, I digress too emotionally.

Top Bottom