• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Standard Custom Moveset Project: Lucina

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Crescent Slash will be in sets included in the release I'm sure.

My current one's are:
3123 (I rarely use this though)

I feel that the vertical recovery is important in my own gameplay especially when I want to go for deeper edge guards. With Crescent Slash though incorrect DI means that if you get the F-throw on the ledge on your opponent at 60ish% you will probably take the stock. (needs more testing).

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
With everyone's thought and inputs. I'd say that the best sets are
Code:
Dashing Assualt and Shield Breaker seem to be most favored neutral.
Dancing blade outclasses the rest.
All of the recoveries have their use.
Iai Counter and Default are obviously the better ones.

Yew gorls agree?

eshu125

Smash Apprentice
Are these set in stone? Kind of sucks that there isn't a 1113 build. Personally I think almost all of her customs are situational but her Iai counter being frame 3 feels like a direct upgrade to her current counter and it'd be nice to have that while still sticking with her perfectly viable other 3 specials

Nika

Smash Cadet
Hey, new member and Lucina main here... I've been wondering about ^ myself. I find Dolphin Slash and Shield Breaker far too valuable to give up, but Iai Counter can be super useful.

I'd vote to replace 1133, since I really don't think Dolphin Jump is worth sacrificing the combo-breaking, stage-spiking, and general mix-up capability of Dolphin Slash.

What do people think? Would there be some way of getting it changed if we wanted to?

RavensArk

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3480-2573-0129
I thought this glitch with Lucina's custom up b (Dolphin jump) was funny

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I regret not fully supporting 1113 back there....
After today's weekly, I'm definitely not running Crescent Slash again. It's strong, and amazing for what it can do, but it's weaknesses severely hold me back. So yea I agree with you kyo. I should have advocated 1113 as well.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Crescent Slash is niche, but it's not a good OOS option, not a Close-Quarters mixup, not a good recovery move (Dolphin Jump at least has this one), and at a certain point where the combo stops working it's pretty much useless...

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Why are people choosing Iai counter over default?

I understand that it sends them behind you and you can get some cool angles, but there's also the fact that it doesn't last as long as default counter, and when you're actually wanting to use a counter, it generally does its job regardless (edge guards recoveries, stops people from mindlessly juggling you, helps you out when you're recovering, etc). I personally don't like having the risk of the opponent barely delaying a move to get past my counter (Which has happened to me multiple times when they weren't even expecting a counter) versus them having to actually read that I was going to counter at that point, so I generally go default. Is there something big I'm missing about Iai counter, or is it just not for me? It seems like the only actual benefit is that you can pull some goofy stuff off if they run into it while they're trying to gimp you offstage, but regular counter deals with that scenario just as well (making it so that you can recover).

Also, are there any matchups where you would use Dolphin Jump aside from exploding balloon Villager? I'm trying to think of any where the opponent constantly has traps out that would stop our recovery, but I can't think of any. :/

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
@ Dooms Dooms , the counter window for Iaia is shorter (frame 3-16) but it comes out faster than regular counter (frame 3 vs. frame 6). If you had good reaction times, this counter will benefit you a lot as well as you can use it at tighter frame windows and not get punished as you would for using regular counter. In competitive, and for counters, a 3 frame difference in counter window start-up makes a lot of difference.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
@ Dooms Dooms , the counter window for Iaia is shorter (frame 3-16) but it comes out faster than regular counter (frame 3 vs. frame 6). If you had good reaction times, this counter will benefit you a lot as well as you can use it at tighter frame windows and not get punished as you would for using regular counter. In competitive, and for counters, a 3 frame difference in counter window start-up makes a lot of difference.
I didn't know it came out faster. That explains quite a bit actually. Thank you! (:

Nika

Smash Cadet
So... is there any actual possibility of changing the tournament moveset, or is it locked until Evo? Or beyond? Is there some process for it? I wasn't paying attention when the sets were decided, haha.

Nika

Smash Cadet
Ah okay, thanks. I might try learning 1123 but honestly default seems like the best set available right now.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
3113 is a close second, but then again, Shield Breaker actually is a good move for Lucina

Nika

Smash Cadet
3113 is a close second, but then again, Shield Breaker actually is a good move for Lucina
Is Dashing Assault really any good? It helps with recovery, sure, but it seems like a weak offensive option against anyone who's seen it a few times. And Shield Breaker is super important, given how badly shields shut down most of our approaches.

Top Bottom