• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Website Releases Pictures of Secret Fighters

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Earlier today, the official Smash Bros. website created a new section detailing secret fighters. Now, the likelihood that anyone reading this doesn't know these characters is practically nonexistent, so we've added a few of their pictures below. What's particularly nice is that Wii U versions of these fighters are shown as well, so they're available to see in all their HD glory.

Ness is back, in a familiar setting...

Final Destination is a pretty familiar setting for Falco.

And Wario is back to laugh at everyone's misfortune. Again.

Check out the all the new pictures here at the official site.

Most people are likely breaking open their copies of Smash Bros. for 3DS today, but these pictures definitely make the prospect of the upcoming Wii U version an enticing one. What do you think? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit is really looking forward to the Super Mario 3D World stage in the Wii U version. Chat with him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Man I love how much Wario and Ness pop! They look great in HD!

and HD personally preferenced air? What more could ya ask for (Except HD bread too) :falco:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I don't know, for some reason I really appreciate the picture of Wario and Waluigi against Mario and Luigi. Pretty much takes away the feeling of disappointment I had of Waluigi not being playable.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
its a bit odd seeing Waro being transitioned from playable in Brawl to an unlockable in the 3DS/Wii-U version.
Well Cpt Falcon has been alternating between being a starter and unlockable throughout all of Smash. Maybe Wario is going through the same thing.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Look at the villager in the background, way too pixilated too be Town and City
Now I wonder why Smashville and Town & City are together.
Not much of a difference to be separate, IMO.
*Says the Doctor Mario main*

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Sooo, are we getting closer to the Tower of Smash leak being real?

Either way, these guys look great in HD!

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice
I'm so liking ness and jeff in HD. They look way better than in brawl imo. Now let's hope for a fourside/moonside stage in hd also.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Well, I can't say I thought they'd put up three more veterans right away, even if it was three we would've all but expected even if it hadn't been out in Japan for three weeks already. I wonder if they're getting them out the door this quickly for a reason...

And suddenly the Tower of Smash leak is back in full force...but the jury's still out on how legit it is. Onett and Castle Siege were nice guesses but still pretty safe, we don't know for sure if that's Smashville or just Town and City in the Wario screenshot, and he/she did get the names wrong for Gamer and Orbital Gate...

AIM0001

Smash Lord
That third pic is the biggest tease to one of the greatest tag team showdowns that'll never take place because Waluigi wasn't good enough to be playable!!! AAARRRGGH! Waluigi for SMASH 5 in 2021!

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Well, I can't say I thought they'd put up three more veterans right away, even if it was three we would've all but expected even if it hadn't been out in Japan for three weeks already. I wonder if they're getting them out the door this quickly for a reason...

And suddenly the Tower of Smash leak is back in full force...but the jury's still out on how legit it is. Onett and Castle Siege were nice guesses but still pretty safe, we don't know for sure if that's Smashville or just Town and City in the Wario screenshot, and he/she did get the names wrong for Gamer and Orbital Gate...
That's definitely smashville, look at the position of the buildings and the clouds

Actually this explains it better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m9JixVaPEc

Also getting a couple names wrong doesn't make too much of a difference, he still got the stages right

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
There are no more trailers. Shulk was the last one.
Well, Dark Pit's a clone, and those usually accompany another character reveal. And in regards to Dark Pit, that's already happened technically when he appeared in Palutena's trailer.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Smashville has been known to be a stage for a VERY long time. Onett is a classic stage so of course it'd return on Wii U. Just like Ness.
That was Town and City, not Smashville, who alot of people thought was being replaced by Town and City, prior to the official return of Smashville. Its this interesting tidbit that gives the leak more validity, as most people would assume Smashville was axed because of Town and City, yet he claimed Smashville was returning.

Last edited:

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Well, Dark Pit's a clone, and those usually accompany another character reveal. And in regards to Dark Pit, that's already happened technically when he appeared in Palutena's trailer.
Nothing you just said made sense or sounded relevant to what i said.

Top Bottom