• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
My only complaints are:

Donkey Kong,
The removing of Plusle & Minun,
Tripping,
The fact only characters in Brawl were actually in the SSE.

Yadam

Smash Cadet
no megaman......................WHAT THE HELL!!! it's blasphemy! .....they put in 3 kirby characters...2 fire emblem characters..2 DK characters..6+ mario characters..and a million little **** pokemon and they can't even put in megaman who had like 15 games and helped launch nintendo to begin with WHAT THE HELLLLLLLLLL

Skybent

Smash Cadet
SRLY
WHY
THAT
HELL
IS
THERE
TRIPPING????

i would KILL to hear an explanation from Sakurai.
i know how much everyone hates repitition but srly. WTF????
and anyone who says they "like" tripping has brawl shuved up their *** TOO far and is lieing.

WHYYYYY??????

Firebert

Smash Ace
SRLY
WHY
THAT
HELL
IS
THERE
TRIPPING????

i would KILL to hear an explanation from Sakurai.
i know how much everyone hates repitition but srly. WTF????
and anyone who says they "like" tripping has brawl shuved up their *** TOO far and is lieing.

WHYYYYY??????
Don't worry, nobody likes tripping.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I hate that they nerfed almost everyone from Melee. The veteran's are all boring to use for me. Instead of nerfing people so that everyone is equally boring, they should have made everyone equally good. Some of the newcomers are interesting I guess.

vonfinell

Smash Apprentice
1. TRIPPING I don't understand the purpose behind making your characters randomly fall flat on their face. The recovery time from it is far too long, and it seems completely random to me. Complete Bull
2. The new Final Destination angers me. We all had that occasional time when you'd accidentally get jammed up inside the ledge and fall to your doom in Melee, but now it seems like it happens EVERY TIME. And at horrible moments, too. I was just playing my friend online as Sheik and I was parallel to the ledge. I teleported and held left on the control stick, and I'm WAY UNDER THE PLATFORM! Then later I'm coming from up the platform and I teleport up, and I'm still at the base like I was. So basically, you can slide down the side of the stage (which kills you) but you can't slide up the side of the stage (which kills you). Therefore, recovery is all but impossible on FinalD. WTF?!?!?!?
3. Peach got nerfed. What man could want her now?
4. Wario. Seriously, WTF? Of all the Mario characters...we get Wario. Now I have nothing against Wario as a character, but the moveset they gave him...it just doesn't make any sense to me. I mean, they clearly didn't even put too much work into it since his run is, like, 2 frames.
5. Online is laggy as ****, and With Anyone rules are stupid. Time matches suck, when will Nintendo learn that we don't want time matches?

However, this is but one thing that redeems all of these flaws (aside from it being awesome in every other way.)

NO KRYSTAL
Praise Sakurai

cless-mint

Smash Journeyman
Natchitoches, Louisiana A.K.A. "The South Ya'
You know, the only thing I wanna complain about is the lack of Megaman. lolz Tripping doesn't really bother me because the way I see it is that part of the point of tripping is seeing if you're good enough to recover and not get hit. The other part, I think, is to balance out the game. I'd rather not have it of course, but since Sakurai-sama put it there, I figure he had a good enough reason. If not...he's an evil genius. XD

CodeytheRhino

Smash Apprentice
I wish the Metroid series had another character. How **** would it be to play as Ridley or another Bounty Hunter? Also, why the included Jiggly AGAIN kills me.

Evee

Smash Rookie
I'm sure it's been complained about already, but the lack of Capcom in Brawl makes me shed a tear. It's such a shame that they and Nintendo couldn't work something out (I've been told that there were negotiations in the work, please correct me if I'm wrong). I would have loved to see the blue bomber (of course) thrown in, and maybe an assist trophy or two from the franchises (Ghosts and Goblins anyone?).

Other than that though my main complaint is of course, tripping. At this point complaining about it isn't even beating a dead horse though, it's smacking the dust of the bones of the horse that once was with a stick.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I Am Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Angry. Why Nintendo? Why Isn't It Anything That We Expected? Please Tell Me!

Q.q

RizardoLawless

Smash Journeyman
I agree with the guy above me, this game could of really used a capcom character

Seriously, what the hell?

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
I don't why they gave the Pikmin series two stages... They should take out the stage w/those leaves and put in something that we all want...

Tripping...

I just don't like how using Wario's fully charged fart kills him if he goes high enough., esp. in stages such as Yoshi's Island...

Evee

Smash Rookie
Back to complain again after some thought. This time about SSE.

Boss battles are awesome, I'll say that off the bat (Facing Pokey/Porky made me giddy, especially with the theme playing in the background).

But I mean come on Nintendo, The Great Maze? What the hell were you thinking? "The player just went through all the levels in the game and beat the bosses...LETS MAKE EM DO IT AGAIN!" I seriously want those 2 hours of my life back, because the only thing even remotely worth that tedious journey through a map that could make a Castlevania game cry out with anger, was getting to see a 10 second long cutscene with the final boss and you-know-who. But 10 seconds of semi-cool do not excuse that drudge through mediocrity.

LavianOrlandu

Smash Rookie
Pit's level pisses me off. Destructible floors? Okay, I can deal with that. That's fine. But how is it that every time I try to recover, the floor respawns over my head? I swear, the game is conspiring against me. It's like you're bouncing around happily on a trampoline when you smash your head against a ceiling that wasn't there two seconds ago.

Otherwise, this game is like McDonald's: I'm lovin' it.

That_Move_is_Key

Smash Cadet
in all honesty, I rather like the tripping.

I wish the stage builder was more developed. There's too few pieces. I really wish there were things like breakable stagepieces, or options like the no-drop platforms in Castle Siege and Bridge of Eldin and water or lava.
and the space most of the pieces take up is obnoxious.

but what is a huge disappointment is the CPU logic. Has anyone else noticed? I needed some practice with multiplayer, so turned three CPUs on. . . and they all went after me. It took awhile for me to notice, since I just thought the reason I was at the highest damage was because I was worse than I thought.
Seriously, one time I was on a large stage, at the end of a platform (having just KOd one of them) and the other two, practically holding hands, walked over to me and started attacking me. WTF?

Vandom6

Smash Cadet
I don't why they gave the Pikmin series two stages... They should take out the stage w/those leaves and put in something that we all want...

Tripping...

I just don't like how using Wario's fully charged fart kills him if he goes high enough., esp. in stages such as Yoshi's Island...
The stage you're referring to is actually an Electroplankton stage.

Ghetto Fabulous

Smash Journeyman
1. tripping
2. wario is the only one with an alternate costume
3. pokemon trainer? id rather have three other characters from other games than one where u are supposed to use all three but in reality most people just use squirtle and maybe one of the others
4. not enough neutral stages
5. tripping
6. custom stages are *** ugly. i get tired of looking at brown boxes because sakurai didnt find it necessary to make enough simple stages that dont **** up gameplay
7. they ****ed up the old pokemon stadium. i distinctly remember seeing an update that said something like "we had to make a few changes to the melee stages, we hope you will understand." well then tell me why they HAD to change the windmill so that you can't pass through it, that the ledges are more similar to those of battlefield's in melee, that the camera still sucks *** and doesnt show u enough of the ledges
8. RAINBOW RIDE? if i remember right the stage was called rainbow cruise- tell me why they HAD to change the name, also, you used to be able to pass through the carpets and stuff, wtf is that gone
9. the lava in brinstar doesnt juggle hardly enough, now you just die, making this stage not brinstar---- i guess the point of the past three were just to show that these ARE NOT the melee stages we had before
10. chain grabbing is still in the game- why, it takes little to no skill to do
11. u cant powershield projectiles?! this gives toon link and other projectile happy characters NO reason to approach anyone, and in the mean time they dont have to worry about their attacks getting weaker since they dont have to use them
12. some characters are simply useless. there was so much hype about sonic being in the game, and they made him a terrible character- he has no kill moves, little combo ability, and his neutral b goes after his teammate in teams- basically sonic sucks
link is terrible, his boomerang is not useful for combos like it is supposed to be and does way too little damage, he has few kill moves and u have to charge his up b to make it useful? wtf again
ganon was never good in melee, and now he is even worse. hes almost not even usable
13. why do we have three starfox clones
14. u cant run and downsmash anymore, the shield cancelling takes too long
15. u can't jab and immediately downsmash anymore if u have a jab combo, u just keep jabbing
16. wifi is incredibly slow
17. you can't meet anyone through random play, nor can u ever know who they are
18. when u record matches they turn the tags off, why?
19. if i want to play against random people online i have to play with items, why cant we make rooms dedicated to certain styles- and then scroll through them and choose the ones we want. personally i hate items, so as of right now i cant play random people online
20. they put no effort into some costumes, but lots of effort into others
21. i dont think u can ride up the bottom of any stage, i may be wrong in this, but ive yet to experience it
22. if u choose "random" as ur character, u are HIGHLY likely to get the same couple of characters in a row, same goes with anything like that
23. even with items off, dedede can pull out those ship pieces that kill anyone instantly
24. why are sheik, zelda, ganon and link all twilight princess versions? that game is far from being the best zelda game, and seeing as how brawl is supposed to be about bring many games together, u would think they would want to mix it up a bit. ganon just looks fat and old now, plus he sucks as a character, wtf yet again
25. why did they have to change the button inputs of almost everything? i have played melee for 7 years, and now i have to cancel shieks needles with b, why change that. it takes just as much skill to press r or l as it does to press b, but now i have change. is there a reason for this?
26. why do i have to press r all the way down to get a shield, that sucks
27. i hit someone at 140% with samus's fully charged charge blast and they still lived=********
28. falco's lazerlock...
29. tripping
30. giving pit wicked fast arrows and an inpenetrable shield is just plain silly
31. this game was built for spamming, its as simple as that. if u look at the recent peach update, it actually says something similar to those who throw more "vegetables" are usually better players. look it up if u dont believe me

i guess ill leave it at 31 for now, im sure i will find more as time goes on

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
One thing and one think only really makes me feel like punching the moron whose idea it was in the face: the inability to copy SSBB data. Seriously, why Nintendo? It's hands-down the best game for the Wii and you can't even back it up, much less transfer it to another Wii if, say, you want to save it to another Wii or your Wii breaks. Really, all that work and I have to do it all over... It's enough to make a nun swear!

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Phaaze. I am a mercenary of the Dark Hunter. Hel
OMG, I completely agree, IBF. They just HAD to make 500+ trophies made from the pokemon series and reduce the ammount of trophies from other series.

I'm also pissed about Ridley not being a PC. Not only that, but Sakurai didn't give Metroid a second rep at all, and I'm not counting Zamus. It wouldn't have killed him to throw in Dark Samus or a hunter from MPH or MP3. "Metroid Prime is'nt popular in Japan" my ***.

And Sakurai could be considered ******** for not using Wii's Wifi capabilities to his advantage. What does the game "Medal of Honor" do? That's right. Even after the game is out, they are STILL making stages you can buy. Why not for SSBB? Maybe after a few months, he could've created new stages, characters, and trophies that you could buy for the game. WHY SAKURAI?!?!?!

Rant over.

DanP828

Smash Rookie
My complaints are:
-wifi sucks because of the lag and
-the new final destination is not nearly as good as the one in melee because when you up-B to get back on the stage you ram into the side of the stage, instead of glideing along it if you dont shoot up right
-the slower speed, gravity and physics of brawl
-the lack of advanced techniques like wavedashing

IllusionFox

Smash Rookie
The only complaints that i have are:
-They toned Fox down a hell of a lot. Wow I like his kicks now but where the pizazz!!!
-The stupid tripping!!
-Wolf's short recovery
-Wifi lag
that it for now for me anyways.

unii

Smash Cadet
One thing

Ok what the hell where is knuckles and my favorite chacter of all time yugio haha i hate yugio i meant to say is megaman and they even forgot brock from generation 1 of pokemon so come on sakuri if you ever make a super smash bros umm i dont know clash or something ya super smash bros clash try out the guys you've been missing like megaman knuckles(knuckles the greatest chacter of all time) brock ahaah crystal and riley so there sakuri something to shoot for

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
1. tripping
2. wario is the only one with an alternate costume
3. pokemon trainer? id rather have three other characters from other games than one where u are supposed to use all three but in reality most people just use squirtle and maybe one of the others
4. not enough neutral stages
5. tripping
6. custom stages are *** ugly. i get tired of looking at brown boxes because sakurai didnt find it necessary to make enough simple stages that dont **** up gameplay
7. they ****ed up the old pokemon stadium. i distinctly remember seeing an update that said something like "we had to make a few changes to the melee stages, we hope you will understand." well then tell me why they HAD to change the windmill so that you can't pass through it, that the ledges are more similar to those of battlefield's in melee, that the camera still sucks *** and doesnt show u enough of the ledges
8. RAINBOW RIDE? if i remember right the stage was called rainbow cruise- tell me why they HAD to change the name, also, you used to be able to pass through the carpets and stuff, wtf is that gone
9. the lava in brinstar doesnt juggle hardly enough, now you just die, making this stage not brinstar---- i guess the point of the past three were just to show that these ARE NOT the melee stages we had before
10. chain grabbing is still in the game- why, it takes little to no skill to do
11. u cant powershield projectiles?! this gives toon link and other projectile happy characters NO reason to approach anyone, and in the mean time they dont have to worry about their attacks getting weaker since they dont have to use them
12. some characters are simply useless. there was so much hype about sonic being in the game, and they made him a terrible character- he has no kill moves, little combo ability, and his neutral b goes after his teammate in teams- basically sonic sucks
link is terrible, his boomerang is not useful for combos like it is supposed to be and does way too little damage, he has few kill moves and u have to charge his up b to make it useful? wtf again
ganon was never good in melee, and now he is even worse. hes almost not even usable
13. why do we have three starfox clones
14. u cant run and downsmash anymore, the shield cancelling takes too long
15. u can't jab and immediately downsmash anymore if u have a jab combo, u just keep jabbing
16. wifi is incredibly slow
17. you can't meet anyone through random play, nor can u ever know who they are
18. when u record matches they turn the tags off, why?
19. if i want to play against random people online i have to play with items, why cant we make rooms dedicated to certain styles- and then scroll through them and choose the ones we want. personally i hate items, so as of right now i cant play random people online
20. they put no effort into some costumes, but lots of effort into others
21. i dont think u can ride up the bottom of any stage, i may be wrong in this, but ive yet to experience it
22. if u choose "random" as ur character, u are HIGHLY likely to get the same couple of characters in a row, same goes with anything like that
23. even with items off, dedede can pull out those ship pieces that kill anyone instantly
24. why are sheik, zelda, ganon and link all twilight princess versions? that game is far from being the best zelda game, and seeing as how brawl is supposed to be about bring many games together, u would think they would want to mix it up a bit. ganon just looks fat and old now, plus he sucks as a character, wtf yet again
25. why did they have to change the button inputs of almost everything? i have played melee for 7 years, and now i have to cancel shieks needles with b, why change that. it takes just as much skill to press r or l as it does to press b, but now i have change. is there a reason for this?
26. why do i have to press r all the way down to get a shield, that sucks
27. i hit someone at 140% with samus's fully charged charge blast and they still lived=********
28. falco's lazerlock...
29. tripping
30. giving pit wicked fast arrows and an inpenetrable shield is just plain silly
31. this game was built for spamming, its as simple as that. if u look at the recent peach update, it actually says something similar to those who throw more "vegetables" are usually better players. look it up if u dont believe me

i guess ill leave it at 31 for now, im sure i will find more as time goes on
Not sure about about 5 or 6 of those, but QFT for the most part... why couldn't Sakurai have just listened to the fans!!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!??? Also, I'd like to add... does it seem kind of glitchy to anyone else? I know the ledge grab is pretty warpy, but somehow, even with the glossy smooth animations the characters have, something feels... unrefined. Maybe it's the floatyness, or maybe it's more than that. Like when you grab somebody with either Link, it kind of glitches out a bit, like the camera, or something... it looks like the character sometimes just pops from one place to another...

I'm really trying to like Brawl... but sometimes I find myself taking comfort in the fact that Melee still exists, and we can still have tournaments for it. (I didn't even go to many, but I still like pushing that kind of skill.) If Street Fighter can continue to live, Melee sure can too.

Ugh... maybe the power of our awesome community can make something out of this game called Brawl, but right now it's truly looking like a party game and little more.

IS THAT ALL YOU WANTED SAKURAI!!?!?? ALL THAT WORK FOR A PARTY GAME!? Sakurai is quoted as saying the fighting is more advanced, but I'm still waiting to see what he was talking about. I've always said I'll give Brawl a year to decide what I think about it, and I'm sticking to that, but man... I hope this whole year doesn't suck. (OK, "suck" was a strong word.)

Ciel~Image

Smash Apprentice
~No hitstun
~No combos
~Stacked towards the defender
~Decreased technicality
~Slow
~Terrible online play

NukeA6

Smash Master
my dissapointment is the narrow range of trophies
i was on the coin launcher for like an hour
i got like 60 trophies
and ALL of them
every
single
one
was POKEMON OR KIRBY
IM SICK OF ALL THE POKEMON THINGS IN THIS GAME
wheres the fire emblem trophies?
where's the pikmin trophies?
gggaaaarrr
Pikmin has enough trophies. Fire Emblem could use some more.

Resident_Smash_Genius

Smash Journeyman
1. Over half the items will kill you in one shot. (Or quickly lead to your death i.e. Spicy Curry)
2. It's a camper's paradise, the dash attacks just are not what they used to be.
3. The priority is so messed up sometimes.
4. Up smash beats meteor smash now 100% of the time. Go ahead, try and time it. It won't work.
5. OMFG Tripping.

All that being said, it's still a great game... I love it...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
How they nerfed Samus to death:
Her missiles are worthless for the most part, they hardly make a dent. Her charge shot still takes as long and it sucks even more. Her bombs don't explode on contact, so your opponent can run right through them. If that's not bad enough they nerf almost every single close range move she has. Her dash attack, down smash, nair and ftilt were some of her best moves, now they just suck.

How the nerfed Ganon to death:
If I wanted lag I would play online. Why they hell is Ganon so laggy in everything he does? I loved to play him in melee, just like Samus but they ****ed up big time.

How CDs disappear as soon as you realize they appear.
How laggy trophy stands are to use, seriously, half the time you end up dropping or dying because you can't put enough distance between you and the target.
How it takes you a whole combo to knock a FS out of a CPU but they breathe on you and you lose your FS.
Same applies to the dragoon.
How CPUs only use the FS on you until you run out of stocks.
Same applies to dragoon.
How slow characters get ***** by any form of projectile spam. Hardly any balance there.

funkdoc23

Smash Rookie
There is a ton of things. Captain Falcon floats like luigi now, in fact, everyone does. I feel like the physics leads to less competitive games. Auto sweet-spotting, no l-canceling. Stage builder is not as deep as previously advertised. Wi-fi can't connect across the street, plus there are no ranked matches. They took away the extra jump you got after the ganon/falcon kick yet they turn around and give you R.O.B and Pit: two characters who I witnessed fly underneath Final D and get back. Also in melee your up + B would climb the side of a level and allow you to grab the edge...in brawl if you use fox/falco's up+B and hit the side of a level going up you stop dead in your tracks.

Urb

Smash Journeyman
There mshould be a way to limit the amount of players in an online match, like start a group with only tw0 entrants so no CPUs and other players will join and cause lag. I would rather have an online 2 human player battle then have it contaminated with 2 other cpus!

My lag has been really bad lately. I was playing someone who loved spamming Toon Link's down aerial, and due to lag, It was hard to dodge!

Resident_Smash_Genius

Smash Journeyman
How they nerfed Samus to death:
Her missiles are worthless for the most part, they hardly make a dent. Her charge shot still takes as long and it sucks even more. Her bombs don't explode on contact, so your opponent can run right through them. If that's not bad enough they nerf almost every single close range move she has. Her dash attack, down smash, nair and ftilt were some of her best moves, now they just suck.

How the nerfed Ganon to death:
If I wanted lag I would play online. Why they hell is Ganon so laggy in everything he does? I loved to play him in melee, just like Samus but they ****ed up big time.

How CDs disappear as soon as you realize they appear.
How laggy trophy stands are to use, seriously, half the time you end up dropping or dying because you can't put enough distance between you and the target.
How it takes you a whole combo to knock a FS out of a CPU but they breathe on you and you lose your FS.
Same applies to the dragoon.
How CPUs only use the FS on you until you run out of stocks.
Same applies to dragoon.
How slow characters get ***** by any form of projectile spam. Hardly any balance there.
Yeah, I agree with everything here... except ganondorf. He's still good, he just takes a lot of practice... and a lot of unfair fighting. The Samus thing does make me angry. They DESTROYED her dash attack.

tanfastic

Smash Apprentice
I have a complaint, I hate how people are whining about "Brawl sucks SSB64 is the best!" or "Melee 2 would have been better then brawl!"

DEAL WITH IT! It's a new game not a sequal to Melee or 64! I LOVE this game better then those two put together and timesed by 7! Go play your old 64 or Gamecube and get off our Wii if you don't like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom