• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS OFFICIAL SMASH BROS 4 3DS TOURNAMENT Today! NEED STREAMER ASAP!

What day would this tourney work best for you?

• October 3rd

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • October 4th

Votes: 39 27.7%
  • October 11th

Votes: 90 63.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I take it that it's too late to sign up?

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
I know a lot of people who are interested in watching this. Especially due to the fact it is a large variety of characters. Insert hype here. Also I think the way people were signed up was probably the best way. It forces people to read hah but that's just my opinion.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I know a lot of people who are interested in watching this. Especially due to the fact it is a large variety of characters. Insert hype here. Also I think the way people were signed up was probably the best way. It forces people to read hah but that's just my opinion.
Why thank you Scourge. We really appreciate it, what do you mean by your last sentence though? "It forces people to read hah but that's just my opinion." Typo?

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
When we had to sign up for the tournament we were asked to sign up on challonge first then post the information in the other thread. But people didn't read the part about signing up on challonge first. So a lot of people didn't get in due to that. They simply posted that they wanted to get in.

Makes sense now? Haha.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
When we had to sign up for the tournament we were asked to sign up on challonge first then post the information in the other thread. But people didn't read the part about signing up on challonge first. So a lot of people didn't get in due to that. They simply posted that they wanted to get in.

Makes sense now? Haha.
>.> People really need to read before they act. Like- half the people who posted their characters didn't even make it into the tournament. *sigh*

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280

Makes sense now? Haha.
Oh yeah. Haha thanks.
>.> People really need to read before they act. Like- half the people who posted their characters didn't even make it into the tournament. *sigh*
yep lol. Better luck next time.

So... tourney players, what are you thinking about your match up?

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I have no idea of how mario vs little mac will work
lol wait. There is another Mario player in this tourney? hmm.
Unless you are speaking in general. Then yeah, that will be loads of fun to play against! I do not have much worries against Little Mac,plus my cape will be able to help punish all the super Armor.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Dark Pit vs. Mr. Game and Watch
eh...idk how that will play out... I'm confident to say the least, though.

Unless you are speaking in general. Then yeah, that will be loads of fun to play against! I do not have much worries against Little Mac,plus my cape will be able to help punish all the super Armor.
He's talking about Dr. Mario. xD

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I have no idea of how mario vs little mac will work
OH, you meant DR. Mario. Yeah, I think you have potential for making it through with all the super armor. Use your moves wisely, and don't jump lol.
Dark Pit vs. Mr. Game and Watch
eh...idk how that will play out... I'm confident to say the least, though.

He's talking about Dr. Mario. xD
Hmm... that will be interesting for sure. Game and watch is still pretty floaty, but Dark Pit also has some interesting specials. Be careful with your arrows in fear of the Down B from Game and watch!

jonftl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0725-8432
As someone who's going to be a viewer Shulk vs Bowser just seems right.

Themandme

Smash Ace
NNID
shadowthehegehog
3DS FC
3222-5798-4330
dr mario i mean

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
mm. That will be fun! Monado arts vs pure pain. I would tend to agree with you.
What are you most excited for about the stream itself? Are you more interested in Loser's or Winner's bracket? Which match-ups are you most interested to watch?

jonftl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0725-8432
mm. That will be fun! Monado arts vs pure pain. I would tend to agree with you.
What are you most excited for about the stream itself? Are you more interested in Loser's or Winner's bracket? Which match-ups are you most interested to watch?
I watched a lot of VGbootcamp Smash @ Xanadu streams and I always enjoyed Loser's Bracket more. I like cheering for the underdog also you only got one chance left so people can't afford to mess up ! Just my opinion lol With match ups the game is brand new so I'll just be watching for fun!

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I watched a lot of VGbootcamp Smash @ Xanadu streams and I always enjoyed Loser's Bracket more. I like cheering for the underdog also you only got one chance left so people can't afford to mess up ! Just my opinion lol With match ups the game is brand new so I'll just be watching for fun!
what i mean is, we will not be able to record all matches due to time restraints, so of the already possible matches which ones would you be the most interested i watching?

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Sonic vs Greninja. I'm looking forward to it. Greninja as a whole looks really solid with plenty of tricks. So I'll have my work cut off for me. I think the only thing Sonic has going for him is that he can play the off stage game extremely well.

Kiondrick

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1650-3088-1736
Yep, Bowser is me all right. :)

From what I've watched, Shulk is a strategic fighter with him changing his buffs with the Monado, so he could be a tough opponent depending on the player's skill. Bowser on the other hand is raw strength, and he has a good amount of speed.I just have to play my cards carefully and I'll be able to make it.

jonftl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0725-8432
what i mean is, we will not be able to record all matches due to time restraints, so of the already possible matches which ones would you be the most interested i watching?
Rosalina vs Pacman would be interesting two of the most unique characters !

Cloudx128

Smash Cadet
NNID
CloudX128
3DS FC
2509-1803-0127
Yep, Bowser is me all right. :)

From what I've watched, Shulk is a strategic fighter with him changing his buffs with the Monado, so he could be a tough opponent depending on the player's skill. Bowser on the other hand is raw strength, and he has a good amount of speed.I just have to play my cards carefully and I'll be able to make it.
I'll definitely try and make it a fun match up for us. I'm new to the scene, but I'm going to practice my ass off for this match. GL and may the best man win.

EarthBoundRules

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-0517-2480
I wanna see how Charizard vs Ganondorf turns out. Two heavy hard-hitters. Should lead to some great read-based gameplay!

Last edited:

NivinyaFate

Smash Cadet
NNID
Fate684
3DS FC
2423-4511-5468
How are custom movies being handled? Such as will we be allowed to switch custom moves between each fight or will we be using the same moves an entire round or even for the whole tournament?

Lucina vs Bowser Jr. - I'm not at all familiar with the matchup currently, although I've seen a decent amount of both characters played seperately. I've seen people play Bowser Jr. quite a bit differently from one another, so I'm looking forward to seeing how the match plays out. I don't think either character is at a distinct advantage or disadvantage (at least at this early stage), so it should be a good fight.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
How are custom movies being handled? Such as will we be allowed to switch custom moves between each fight or will we be using the same moves an entire round or even for the whole tournament?
Good question. You will not be allowed to switched during a match set, but you may switch them after changing opponents. Although, this could be a disadvantage since you would have been used to our previous custom moves.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Good question. You will not be allowed to switched during a match set, but you may switch them after changing opponents. Although, this could be a disadvantage since you would have been used to our previous custom moves.
Actually....since we'll all have time to practice before the tournament...I think we'll be accustomed to which custom moves to use vs. which opponent. No issues.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Actually....since we'll all have time to practice before the tournament...I think we'll be accustomed to which custom moves to use vs. which opponent. No issues.
true, which is why I said could. :)
TO ALL TOURNEY PLAYERS: In between opponents, you will have 3-5 minutes of rest/practice. This is just a heads up.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Luckily for my opponents I'll be going Default Sonic. But I'm totally fine with customs.

Last edited:

Ceadda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lethality
3DS FC
2878-9806-5002
The Radiant Hero vs. The Hero of Time - is what I'm dubbing my matchup. I, myself am looking forward to the battle of speed Sonic vs. Greninja, and the clash of the heavyweights: Ganon vs. Charizard.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I'll be going against Robin... I currently know hardly anything about that character. This should be fun

LckyAce

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LckyAce
3DS FC
0533-4950-3798
Edit: Ignore this one read the next one

Last edited:

LckyAce

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LckyAce
3DS FC
0533-4950-3798
Oh yeah. Haha thanks.

yep lol. Better luck next time.

Eh... Never played Game and Watch before, I just chose the character that looks cool the most since Villager was taken. But who knows maybe he'll be my main :ness:

I'll miss you Villager :4villager:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom