• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Ruleset v1.0 Topic - Start Discussion

Revven

FrankerZ
Yoshi's Island Melee was banned in Brawl, there are two reasons for that I believe:

1) DDD has an infinite on the blocks on the left side on some characters (Marth is one of them)
2) DDD's CG as a whole and, most likely, I wanna guess blastzone camping on the right side.

So, let's look at that for a second. DDD lost his CG so, #1 is out and #2 lost part of its own reason. So, the only trouble with the stage is blastzone camping and planking under the three blocks in the middle (although, Marth or MK don't autosweetspot the ledge sooo... it's hard to say if that has merit now). But regardless, if this stage were to be legal, blastzone camping would not have to be a problem and planking would have to prove itself not to be possible there with the current set out there.

In other words, it's a fine stage when we fix planking and with some tournaments if they use it, prove that it isn't as bad as thought to be.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Meh, expanding the boundaries wouldn't do much justice imo. I like Falco's idea. When anti-planking is implemented it will change a lot.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
It all depends. It might be enough to just mess with the boundaries on certain stages.

Mario Circuit also comes to mind. That stage is an amazing stage and the only thing that ruins it is blast zone camping.

If only there was some way to combat against blastzone camping.

An idea cape had, comes to mind, where we increase the bounderies of the stage as well as the camera, but shrink the bounderies where the game considers you off camera and in bubble mood and steadily increases your damage.

So basically, it'd be like this...

[ = Blast Zone
| = Bubble Zone
( = Camera

[----(--|-----------------------|--)----]

you see where I'm going with this right?

Top Bottom