• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Just realized something...

Modulous won't find all skins for a character unless their name is tagged.

This is fine for all posts from this point on, but the hundreds Minerali added aren't tagged since the feature was implemented after he did so. Modulous would be a perfect replacement for this thread if the mods were able to be sorted/searched by character.

Minerali Minerali
Do you have any plans to add tags to them? I'd be willing to help if you need it.

EIREXE EIREXE
This could be avoided by adding the words in the title of the mod as tags automatically. Also, I've noticed searching tags is a bit finicky.

Here I have the Cloud 9 Ganon skin I made with the following tags,

If someone mentioned this skin to me and I wanted to find it on modulous, I'd search "cloud 9 ganon" or "cloud 9 ganondorf". However when I do this I get no results.

I realize this is because of the boolean style tags and it doesn't find a tag named "cloud 9 ganon", but most people won't know the specific tag to search for. Is it possible to refine the search function to show results if some of the searched words are found as tags and then show the ones with more matches above the rest?
Very yes. At the moment you can't look at individual characters (unless I am very stupid). Also you can't see what color the skin replaces; I get with ccc it doesn't matter as much, but it can still be a pain to change color or even impossible. But this just started a couple of weeks ago so it is amazing to just see most of the skins already over to Modulous.

Mr Waga Flaga

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know how to change Marth's Cape Symbol Transparency? I tried putting what i wanted on the cape itself but it's too distorted by the cape texture that it would just look cleaner as the cape symbol.

Last edited:

Yakult

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know how to change Marth's Cape Symbol Transparency? I tried putting what i wanted on the cape itself but it's too distorted by the cape texture that it would just look cleaner as the cape symbol.
It can be done. Select the symbol texture in DTW and in the properties tab click the first little tree, then scroll down and change the value next to Unknown 12 from 00030010 to 00050010. Hit enter, save and youre finished.

TrapLordeJairoSama

Smash Rookie
Hey! I was wondering if anyone would make a skin for me? I really want a Yoshi texture that looks like this. I want it so badly, I just want the color scheme and if possible the DIO on him. It would be much appreciated, thanks guys.

EIREXE

Smash Apprentice
Just realized something...

Modulous won't find all skins for a character unless their name is tagged.

This is fine for all posts from this point on, but the hundreds Minerali added aren't tagged since the feature was implemented after he did so. Modulous would be a perfect replacement for this thread if the mods were able to be sorted/searched by character.

Minerali Minerali
Do you have any plans to add tags to them? I'd be willing to help if you need it.

EIREXE EIREXE
This could be avoided by adding the words in the title of the mod as tags automatically. Also, I've noticed searching tags is a bit finicky.

Here I have the Cloud 9 Ganon skin I made with the following tags,

If someone mentioned this skin to me and I wanted to find it on modulous, I'd search "cloud 9 ganon" or "cloud 9 ganondorf". However when I do this I get no results.

I realize this is because of the boolean style tags and it doesn't find a tag named "cloud 9 ganon", but most people won't know the specific tag to search for. Is it possible to refine the search function to show results if some of the searched words are found as tags and then show the ones with more matches above the rest?
I can make it use the old search system if a comma is not present and bump up results that match with the tags.

Last edited:

EIREXE

Smash Apprentice
I just added the new search algorithm + I limited the mods on the profile page, SmashBoardsModding had too many mods and was literally blowing up the server lol.

ggBobbles

Smash Rookie
Whenever im trying to change the CSS in 20xx 4.05 it always says error: new file is not the same size!
how do i change the CSS without having this issue?
ty in advanced

#Peachy

Smash Rookie
Whenever im trying to change the CSS in 20xx 4.05 it always says error: new file is not the same size!
ty in advanced
USE DAT TEXTURE WIZARD! Just go to MnSIChr.usd and replace the file with a .png file of the CSP or CSS you want. Make sure that the background of the CSP is transparent. After the file is replaced go hit "Save". And you should be good to go!

USE DAT TEXTURE WIZARD! Just go to MnSIChr.usd and replace the file with a .png file of the CSP or CSS you want. Make sure that the background of the CSP is transparent. After the file is replaced go hit "Save". And you should be good to go!
And If the picture is too big or too small...It is kind of common sense that you would have to make the CSS or CSP the right size...

Last edited by a moderator:

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
ty in advanced
If you are trying to replace the css with a css from this thread, then either make sure it is one designed for 20xx 4.05 like Itarus css, or open up the css MnSlChr in DAT and export the pictures for the css and then import them into a 20xx 4.05 MnSlChr. MnSlChr changed for version 4.05. If you are trying to build your own, then yeah, they have to be the same size png.

Minerali

Smash Apprentice

Just added tags to all of them :)

---

Probably not gonna upload yet the rest of the main post(s) to Modulous, it appears that since I've uploaded everything into one account it has caused some server issues, don't know when that'll be fixed or if I should just upload the rest anyways...

---

I did something

Name: Green Hill Story
Made by: Minerali
Download: http://modulous.net/mod/1011/Green Hill Story

Last edited:

#Peachy

Smash Rookie

---

Probably not gonna upload yet the rest of the main post(s) to Modulous, it appears that since I've uploaded everything into one account it has caused some server issues, don't know when that'll be fixed or if I should just upload the rest anyways...

---

I did something

This really cool, Minerali...:)

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
GUYS GUYS GUYS!

LOOK: https://meleetextures.wordpress.com/

here you can download all of my stuff!

My best piece of work is probably...my Bayonetta texture over Peach.

Don't worry though, I'm working on characters besides peach...So, just sit tight k?
I couldn't download any of it, the links just make me log into Dropbox and I then it says the folders don't exist.

Saxon116

Smash Journeyman

---

---

I did something

Amazing as always Minerali :)

ggBobbles

Smash Rookie
i got dat texture wizards and when i put the files in and click save and then load it it doesnt work should i try a different version of 20XX
Lol nvm i figured it out

Last edited:

Lukatic

Smash Rookie
Last edited:

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560

DSM01

Smash Apprentice

Download

I've always felt that most of the Stadium textures were either too bland or too dark, so I tried my hand at making a brighter and more colorful version. Neon Stadium is based off "Blue Pokemon Stadium with Masterball & TCG Energies" by Goose. I changed the colors of the main stage and platforms as well as re-doing the TCG energies to make them more bright and crisp.

Download

I also made a Golden State Warriors themed Stadium for Warriors bandwagon fans.

Edit for full credit:
Neon Stadium also sampled Yaruzu's "Kitsune91 Stella Stadium" for platform colors and Oracle Arena sampled the wood paneling on the floor and platforms from achilles1515's "LA Lakers (Pokemon) Stadium." This is my first attempt at texture hacking and on the surface it appears that both of these could have easily been done myself if I wanted to spend a tad more time, which is why I initially didn't think it was important enough to credit the original authors. I certainly could be mistaken and maybe I'm unintentionally using things from those original files I don't even know about. No plagiarism or disrespect intended.

Last edited:

Veggies

Smash Journeyman

Download

I've always felt that most of the Stadium textures were either too bland or too dark, so I tried my hand at making a brighter and more colorful version. Neon Stadium is based off "Blue Pokemon Stadium with Masterball & TCG Energies" by Goose. I changed the colors of the main stage and platforms as well as re-doing the TCG energies to make them more bright and crisp.

Download

I also made a Golden State Warriors themed Stadium for Warriors bandwagon fans.
both of these stages have textures from other stages and you didn't even credit them lol

yung hahn

Smash Rookie
My 2nd and 3rd skins (my 1st was a Hitler one - just for ****s and giggles - which was despite a couple of likes inevitably removed due to reasons).

Name
: Hellcold
Made By: yung hahn
Download Link: (scroll down this page for the updated version)
Replaces white

Name
: Captain Fabulous
Download Link: (scroll down this page for the updated version)
Replaces blue
And, yes. That is our lord and saviour Yung Lean. Both the goofy looking face, and the one on the belt buckle.

Am I doing this right?
Feedback?

Last edited:

Saxon116

Smash Journeyman
My 2nd and 3rd skins (my 1st was a Hitler one - just for ****s and giggles - which was despite a couple of likes inevitably removed due to reasons).

Name
: Hellcold
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/uwcvrd8ag7rdllv/PlCaWh.dat
Replaces white

Name
: Captain Fabulous
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/81uce92o4hb6pc4/PlCaBu.dat
Replaces blue
And, yes. That is our lord and saviour Yung Lean. Both the goofy looking face, and the one on the belt buckle.

Am I doing this right? Do the links work?
Feedback?
Wow! That hellcold one is amazing!

zankyou

Smash Lord
I figured this would be the best thread to ask in. Are any of you guys willing to look into making a lower poly count model of smash 4 falcon. The one for brawl is still not low enough.

Top Bottom