• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Luigi Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
The Green Hatted Plumber is BACK!

This thread is to talk about anything Luigi related; screenshots, predictions about movesets/stages, character changes, etc. I will try to occasionally update the original post as more information comes through.

Wii U Screenshots:

3DS Screenshots

Discuss!

xzx

Smash Lord
Oops I made a Luigi thread too. =O But I'm very excited and hyped over Luigi!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Sakurai has some weird obsession with that "falling boat" taunt.

xzx

Smash Lord
He seems to have expressions from the Mario & Luigi universe though.

xzx

Smash Lord
There are even more screen shots of Luigi now? His F-smash. =)

Cable

Smash Lord
It would be cool if his FS was his vacuum, but I wanted his whole moveset sort of based around his mansion style vacuum. I want him to be wearing the vacuum at all times, shoot out ghost and ice etc. We'll have to see soon.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
So happy Luigi was confirmed. Who's Next, Jiggs, Ness, or Captain Falcon? or YOSHI.

A friend of mine pointed out about olimar being revealed shortly before Pikmin 3. And now Luigi During the YEAR OF LUIGI.
Possibly a big advertising gimmick, as well as a game?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
They seemingly polished his funny Brawl-self to even better levels. Maaan, he looks so funny, I swear.

Here's hoping he has his Poltergust this time.

GaiusK

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-1306-5225
His fireball looks weird, I know it spins while going forward, but this one looks like it's going to bounce. Probably I'm just having issues.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I hope I'm not the only one who doesn't want too much poltergust stuff on him. Luigis Mansion is just one game (well, 2, but one "series"). Luigi is in almost all Mario games and used like Mario. He is meant to be like Mario. He is meant to be a "clone". It's great having more characters that you like with similar moves and stuff (because they are similar in almost every game).

If the poltergust was just one or two moves I wouldn't mind though, they could turn out interesting. They could change his downB or maybe sideB (although one of them would need to have some sort of recovery).

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
I would hope Mario gets his tornado back and Luigi gains the poltergust as his downB. That would be ideal.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
I don't agree as that would hamper his vertical recovery. I would rather see the Poltergust as his throw, to be honest.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
I hope I'm not the only one who doesn't want too much poltergust stuff on him. Luigis Mansion is just one game (well, 2, but one "series"). Luigi is in almost all Mario games and used like Mario. He is meant to be like Mario. He is meant to be a "clone". It's great having more characters that you like with similar moves and stuff (because they are similar in almost every game).

If the poltergust was just one or two moves I wouldn't mind though, they could turn out interesting. They could change his downB or maybe sideB (although one of them would need to have some sort of recovery).
The Poltergust would serve as a great contrast to Mario's FLUDD, though. One pushes foes away, the other pulls them in.

Disappointed they didn't replace his fireball with his thunder abilities from Dream Team, but it's not like the fireball isn't plenty different from Mario's anyway.

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
A little off-topic but that screenshot showing Samus attacking Luigi, it looks like shes performing her n-air.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, either he's not a secret character anymore, OR they're doing secret characters differently this time around. I'm not sure what I mean, but the thought crossed my mind.

So glad to see him so soon though!

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Well, either he's not a secret character anymore, OR they're doing secret characters differently this time around. I'm not sure what I mean, but the thought crossed my mind.

So glad to see him so soon though!
Being a starter makes sense because people already expect him in so there's no point to make him unlockable

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Being a starter makes sense because people already expect him in so there's no point to make him unlockable

It's true, unless Sakurai wanted to keep to tradition. I mean, it's not like he wasn't going to be in Brawl either, but I was still fine with him being an unlockable. (I'm fine either way)

Edit: I love Sakurai even more for this, honestly. Keeping us guessing in his usual way. My character predictions were Diddy, PT, YOSHI or Wario. Or a new character, like Mac or something. And my thoughts get punched in the face by what was LAST on my list because I figured he'd be unlockable and not revealed.

Great job there, Sakurai! :shades:

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman

Remember Snake joined Brawl in 2006? Afterwards it seemed like he was unlockable though. Or Megaman joined the battle during E3 2013? But who knows, like Chrom from Fire Emblem always says: ANYTHING CAN CHANGE!

TreK

Is "that guy"
The fireball is not angled. It has a cycloid trajectory, like it always had.

D

Deleted member

Pretty much this.

In terms of a moveset, I think that the Poltergust 5000 works as a grab rather than a special move. If Luigi doesn't have the Luigi Cyclone or Green Missile, his recovery would be hampered. I personally can't see much use of the Poltergust 5000 in terms of fighting or combat outside of a grab. Other than that, I'm fine with his moveset really.

Other things relating to Luigi that I would love to see are the original Luigi's Mansion be a stage in the Wii U version (it will be a returning Brawl stage) and a Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon stage on the 3DS version.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Read Sakurai's statement.
"A REAL pic of the day--Luigi joins the battle! In prior games, we've never introduced Luigi before release, but why not? This is the "Year of Luigi," after all."
Seems to imply he's still unlockable.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Read Sakurai's statement.
"A REAL pic of the day--Luigi joins the battle! In prior games, we've never introduced Luigi before release, but why not? This is the "Year of Luigi," after all."
Seems to imply he's still unlockable.
he said that yea I think luigi stays as an unlockable he was unlockable in all 3 he was only introduced because of luigis 30th aniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom