• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Lucario Guide/FAQ/Database. XD Sorry I haven't updated in while! Soon!

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
>.> Please don't spam my topic. Thank you.
-DD
Sorry about that, If I were to create a post full with Lucario facts similar to Chuck Norris, I'm screwed.

Anyways, nice guide to Lucario man. You should try to find the English voice acting for me to hear.

Cinder

Smash Master
Sorry about that, If I were to create a post full with Lucario facts similar to Chuck Norris, I'm screwed.

Anyways, nice guide to Lucario man. You should try to find the English voice acting for me to hear.
Has ANYONE heard Luc's English VA yet?

Anyway...I know this question's somewhat off topic, but I had no where else to ask...has anyone actually made a Lucario combo vid yet?

Wolfblade

Smash Lord

Ichida

Smash Ace
Ok, I hope I don't get banned for this, but since both Zook and I often compare Lucario to Chuck Norris, I've created 10 facts associating both Lucario and Chuck Norris.

1. While Lucario is the only one to master the power of the Aura, Chuck Norris is the only one to master the roundhouse kick.
  2. The rivalry between Chuck Norris and Lucario was started over an argument on who wants to kill Adolf Hitler first.
  3. Lucario and Chuck Norris once fought each other in the city of Chernobyl, there were no survivors.
  4. While Chuck can divide by zero, Lucario knows the 1 billionth digit of pi.
  5. One of the reasons why Lucario hates Chuck Norris because Chuck Norris had roundhouse kicked every Pokemon for evolving.
  6. Lucario and Chuck Norris can sneeze and hiccup at the same time.
  7. Lucario does not know Chuck Norris's secret weapon: an M-16 carbine assault rifle.
  8. It was once believed that Lucario had bested Chuck Norris in a 4,000 swimming race that resulted the ice caps melting.
  9. Lucario is Chuck Norris's son's uncle's grandson's niece's nephew's younger brother's younger sister's father's cousin's aunt's older brother's evil twin brother.
  10. Both Lucario and Chuck Norris have once drank 5 gallons of chocolate milk non-stop and ended up in the bathroom for 30 minutes.
...NO.

NO no no no NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO no.

Just ****ing no. >.<

VaneWalker

Smash Apprentice
Has ANYONE heard Luc's English VA yet?

Anyway...I know this question's somewhat off topic, but I had no where else to ask...has anyone actually made a Lucario combo vid yet?
Its probaly going to be all grunts and growl except for the winning poses and the final smash.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
I don't think his voice will sound bad. Besides, I like the grunts that he makes in his Japanese counterpart. CJay said the Lucario and Wolf voice video should be next. Too bad he's sick.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Its probaly going to be all grunts and growl except for the winning poses and the final smash.
This is true.
I haven't heard his Final Smash's English VA though.

Adding the new Mainers in a little bit, just gotta do other things first ;P.
-DD

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
You can put me on the list of mains too. I just got done playing Brawl for a really long time.. and Lucario is basically awesome. Him and then Ike in teams ^_^.

Anyway, why do you put so much speed on his back air? It is by FAR the slowest aerial he has, but you're right has some serious knockback if you hit it right. Also, in four-way play once I swear I meteor spiked a Marth with my down Air; I wonder if you hit with a certain spot if that works that way. And I didn't read anything about what buzz said; that is, you can short hop and immediately down air, land (free l cancel) and do it again. Quite useful for counter attacking someone you just shielded from behind, or as an approach. That and the up tilt has some very nice power at higher percentages (either yours or theirs.. preferably both :lol:).

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Ah, yea, I heard that too.
I like his voice, personally.

Yea, you can Meteor spike when you put the hitbox on correctly, but it'll take some practice.
I put a lot of speed on his BAir, even though its his "Slowest" it does release relatively quickly.
-DD

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
I like his voice, if anything, I think its a little too deep. But still its good. I think the voices will sound a lot better when they corrospond to gameplay and we just get used to the voices. We're all used to hearing the japanese voices so the english voices sound weird.

Just a few more days until I can play as Lucario.

VaneWalker

Smash Apprentice
Lucario "would you like to play a game?"

Then all of a suden you got barbed wire coming out your a** and cockroaches in your eyes. And the only way to make it stop is to listen to Pits speech recidal for the monthly view on earth.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
It works almost exactly like Ganondorf's up+b in melee; that is, it does grab them no matter what they're doing (jumping, shielding, standing, running) as long as they're in range. If they're out of range, it just whacks them with some aura.

Kyune

Smash Rookie
I'm maining Lucario also, so goahead and add me to the list as well. I don't have any fanboy reasons for wanting to play him, just that he seems natural for my playstyle.

Getting good with him takes a lot of work though. While he excels in grappling and being able to string attacks, his overall speed is mediocre at best and often gets punished for mistakes--at high percents you absolutely can't afford to get hit since you'll not only lose the stock, but also the damage modifier that's been built up.

One other thing to add to the guide--ftilt actually hits twice for most of its reach, but at the tip (edge of the aura effect), it only hits once.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I'm maining Lucario also, so goahead and add me to the list as well. I don't have any fanboy reasons for wanting to play him, just that he seems natural for my playstyle.

Getting good with him takes a lot of work though. While he excels in grappling and being able to string attacks, his overall speed is mediocre at best and often gets punished for mistakes--at high percents you absolutely can't afford to get hit since you'll not only lose the stock, but also the damage modifier that's been built up.

One other thing to add to the guide--ftilt actually hits twice for most of its reach, but at the tip (edge of the aura effect), it only hits once.
Ah.
Well, I suppose it might be probably best to tipper it, since the tip has the knock back and range.
I'll look into it and add it later though.
-DD

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
hey darkdragoon, can you double confirm that you need to use Metaknight to beat Lucario in SSE in order to unlock? Someone said that you just need Lucario to join your party to unlock him.

Kyune

Smash Rookie
Ah.
Well, I suppose it might be probably best to tipper it, since the tip has the knock back and range.
I'll look into it and add it later though.
-DD
I wouldn't go that far. Utilizing ranges is important, but the first hit makes up a considerable amount of the damage of the attack and the actual gap between the tip and getting both hits is fairly small. If I'm going to go through the trouble of hitting with a fsmash I'd rather get both hits.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
hey darkdragoon, can you double confirm that you need to use Metaknight to beat Lucario in SSE in order to unlock? Someone said that you just need Lucario to join your party to unlock him.
Fantom answered you quite nicely.

I used Lucario on that one and I unlocked him.
Note that at the Lucario v. MK in SSE, you can only play as those two. The dojo says "when Lucario joins your party", so I suppose it doesn't matter who you play as.

I wouldn't go that far. Utilizing ranges is important, but the first hit makes up a considerable amount of the damage of the attack and the actual gap between the tip and getting both hits is fairly small. If I'm going to go through the trouble of hitting with a fsmash I'd rather get both hits.
Yea, you're right.
>.> I'd rather DAir than both of them.
-DD

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I don't why this FAQ has lucario's up b as a good recovery move. It is horrible. It doesn't have very good distance, it doesn't attack but you can still be hit in it, and it has a horrible startup speed as well as lag at the end of the move. "an enemy with good timing CAN hit you while you use this attack". In other words, most tourney going players would be able to hit you out of this or before you get to move at all.

Also, I like lucario's fair. it's one of the fastest out there. Just double jump, hold to the side, and keep hitting a. You'll see what I mean. Also, it combos. SH fair to another aerial. I like SH fair to nair, because if the fair hits, you get a decent hit with the nair, and even if you miss with the fair, the nair autocancels, so you don't have to worry about being vulnerable at all.

and to add credibility to the argument, azen also likes the fair.

Cinder

Smash Master
I don't why this FAQ has lucario's up b as a good recovery move. It is horrible. It doesn't have very good distance, it doesn't attack but you can still be hit in it, and it has a horrible startup speed as well as lag at the end of the move. "an enemy with good timing CAN hit you while you use this attack". In other words, most tourney going players would be able to hit you out of this or before you get to move at all.
True, but depending on the stage, you could ExtremeSpeed into a wallcling, jump off, and reverse edgegrab...and if the opponent tries to edgeguard, you could, in theory, use a Bair while floating and still reverse edgegrab...

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

Also, I like lucario's fair. it's one of the fastest out there. Just double jump, hold to the side, and keep hitting a. You'll see what I mean. Also, it combos. SH fair to another aerial. I like SH fair to nair, because if the fair hits, you get a decent hit with the nair, and even if you miss with the fair, the nair autocancels, so you don't have to worry about being vulnerable at all.

and to add credibility to the argument, azen also likes the fair.
Pft. Azen knows nothing.**Inserts huge JK**
XD FAir is a great move, no doubts.

Anyways, being hit out of your recovery move is a big downfall, but it isn't as bad as the tethers, where you can just grab the ledge and they're done for.
You can lessen the lag on it by bouncing into the floor as you use it(Cause, the curving part of it makes it possible), or you can land just above the ground, and then drop, as if it were SH'd.

This recovery is pretty bad in the traditional sense, but its pretty different, and therefore I couldn't just outright label it as bad, since there are could still be things that could be developed from it.

=P Thanks for the input though. I'll go edit the entry to put up some points.
-DD

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
I really wish someone would test the footstool jump-Dair trick and make a vid of it. XD
I was actually doing it quite a bit today. Unfortunately I didn't record any Lucario vids today. Doesn't take too long to get the timing of it right and it's quite effective when you pull it off.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I was actually doing it quite a bit today. Unfortunately I didn't record any Lucario vids today. Doesn't take too long to get the timing of it right and it's quite effective when you pull it off.
Very nice!

And have you attempted doing it right off the ground yet? As in double jumping quickly near an opponent to do an instant footstool jump and then hitting with Dair? Easier on tall characters of course.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I really wish someone would test the footstool jump-Dair trick and make a vid of it. XD
Yes, it works in the air, and on the ground.
I think we should just call it "IDAir(Instant DAir)", for the sake of humanity.
Anyways, Playing Lucario a TON today.
And...I'm now ranked #16(Well, my TEAM is) on the GameBattles singles ladder.

I'll be facing off with Buzz, which I hope he'll record, sometime this week.
Anyways, some interesting info on a few Lucario matchups:

MK-
MK is aura fodder. You can tech chase this guy so easy, it isn't even funny. DAirs cut right through most of his attacks, including infamous UAirs. This is due to Lucario's weight, and he doesn't go very far from the weak aerial, making DAirs, and even Footstool Jumps easy.

Marth-
Believe it or not, you have BETTER spacing options than Marth.
Thats right, you heard me. His FSmash has equal range to your FSmash. His is faster, but you have an advantage that beats it. You can stand outside of his range, and still hit. HOW?!
Well, if you use Lucario's FSmash, you'll notice he moves foward SLIGHTLY. Well, once Marth misses an FSmash, you use yours, Inch up, and wham.
If you can get them in, Tilts **** Marth. Always have an Aura Sphere on hand.
If you're looking for a good time to use Double Team, then just coax him into using USmash.
Also, Marth is EASILY IDAir'd. I beat every Marth I ran into today. They're not cakewalks, but you can thrash them if you know what you're doing.

Pikachu-
Well, Pikachus are a bit difficult. They have similar and more harmful FSmashes and DSmashes than you do, their B neutrals can cancel a full aura sphere, and the thunders are ****. However, Pikachu does not counter Lucario. Not at all. Lucario's Force Palm is a savior here, because its range exceeds the FSmash, so you can continue to push back Pikachu. IDAirs work marvelously here, because Pikachus tend to go for thunder when you're above them. If you're having trouble with it, then trick the pikachu into using thunder, and then get to the ground and punish. In all other situations, Shield Grabs are your BEST FRIEND. Shield the DSmash or FSmash, and then Force Palm/Neutral B/Grab out of it.

Ness-
There are only 2 things you need to look out for:
PK Thunder, and Aerials.
Aerials aren't a huge issue, because you out range him, and, its fairly obvious and easy to shield when they're going in to aerial. He can Gimp your recovery by Spiking you during the start up, so take EXTRA precaution that you don't go to far from the stage.
As for PK thunder, shoot/jump into it when he is trying to recover with it. If he is below the stage, and you can't afford to risk it, then don't. But if he makes contact with himself, BACK UP OR SHIELD FOR YOUR LIFE. "Thunder Rocket" is a PAIN in the butt for Lucario, because there isn't much he can do to stop it safely. Seriously, fully charged Aura Spheres just die when they hit him. If you attack Ness while he is using PK thunder, then he'll get it back, but at a new position. I suggest just simply Footstool jumping Ness when he is trying to recover.

Olimar-
As long as you keep moving, those pikmin won't do any major damage to you. Shield a LOT though, especially when you see a Smash start up. If he throws a pikmin, you can fire a baby Aura sphere, or jab, and it will kill them. You can gimp Olimar like no ones business by just holding the ledge. You can "prolong" your invincibility by dropping from the ledge, jumping, then DAiring at the same time, in order to hold you level to the ledge, which you'll grab. If Olimar grabs you, break out the B^, and you should return safely.

Ike-
The only character I have a problem against so far. Why? His sword, unlike everyone elses, HAS MORE RANGE THAN OUR AURA. So, that means you take advantage of his speed, by kiting him with Baby aura spheres, then jumping over him, running away, and charging a larger one. After which, you run straight at him, and then use Double Team on the first attack(Of course, mix it up a bit, spot dodge/roll sometimes, then use DT on his follow-up!), to send him airborne. On his landing, you THEN fire the Aura Sphere, or approach him with Tilts or aerials.
If this Ike likes using aerials, roll, IDAir, and then rinse and repeat until deadly FSmash. Grabs are good if he messes up his spacing, because at that point, you can roll past him and grab.

-DD

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
It's fantastic to know that Lucario doesn't flail when it comes to facing Marth, but it's so funny that Ike is the one you have to be scared of. XD Lucario is such an interesting character after all.

Top Bottom