• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Lucario Guide/FAQ/Database. XD Sorry I haven't updated in while! Soon!

RupeeClock

Smash Ace
I think I've found a good edgeguarding tactic with Lucario's DAIR on stages like Final Destination.
Basically, Lucario can use the momentum from his DAIR to knock a foe towards a stage, which bounces them down to their doom.

1: Replay data (KOing A CPU-9 Falco with 0% damage.)
http://rupeeclock.googlepages.com/rp_080410_2323.bin

2: A crappy diagram explaining things a bit.

Edit: I should add that his backwards or forwards throw are both very effective at getting an opponent over the edge, favorably the backwards throw because it sends them somewhat further down.

Oh, and if you want, there's some high quality alt-costume pics available instead.

Riodsey

Smash Cadet
I also main Lucario.

RupeeClock: Does it need to hit more to the (in your draw) right of their head?
Loved your Lucario stick XD

Oh, I was wondering, am I the only one that uses the Lucario with Red chest? Everybody that I see usually uses the Grey one.

RupeeClock

Smash Ace
I also main Lucario.

Oh, I was wondering, am I the only one that uses the Lucario with Red chest? Everybody that I see usually uses the Grey one.
To clarify, if it's over the right edge, then the right of their head, and likewise, if over the left edge you hit the left of their head.

If I need to use an alt-colour for whatever reason, I usually go for the Green shirt Lucario.

Oh, and I too main Lucario, haha.

Milln

Smash Champion
I also main Lucario.

I use all of teh colors. Red/Purple is one of them. =3

Browny

Smash Hater
Lucario eats metaknight alive.

2nd time in a row in a lucario vs MK battle (local, not wifi) I 3-stocked him. lucarios amazingly fast roll dodge means MK has a hard time getting his fsmash off, and aerial pursuits are out of the question since d-air makes short work of those. MK has to get lucario to at least 160% before any of his other kill moves work, and by then lucario is untouchable with aura sphere pressuring

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Lucario vs. Pit isn't bad. If he uses arrows, roll past them (you have enough invincibility frames to not get hurt if you time it well), and keep rolling until you're behind him, then punish. If he approaches via forward B, then predict it, jump over it and hit down B a little before you touch the ring. If you time it right, you should get a solid counter. Just avoid his f-smash and bair and he's not much of a problem.

Riodsey: I use standard, sometimes the light blue.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Lucario vs. Pit isn't bad. If he uses arrows, roll past them (you have enough invincibility frames to not get hurt if you time it well), and keep rolling until you're behind him, then punish. If he approaches via forward B, then predict it, jump over it and hit down B a little before you touch the ring. If you time it right, you should get a solid counter. Just avoid his f-smash and bair and he's not much of a problem.

Riodsey: I use standard, sometimes the light blue.
>.> Thats what the Pits WANT you to do.
Besides, his arrows are shot so fast, they'll have one hitting you once you finish rolling.
Once you get close, he DSmashes and repeats.

The best way to handle pit is to pressure him with aerials, and then re-apply pressure with aura spheres or Tilts, and then finish with a smash or disrupt his recovery.

Also:
I'm zapping the "Mainers" list, since its getting huge and I can't manage it :3.
If someone wants to start their own topic concerning that, then they're welcome to do so, and I'll give them my current list!

Also removing the videos, since we have a video thread now, and I hope they're all in there.

-DD

SloT

Smash Journeyman
Lucario is much more awesome then i was expecting to be. He combos well, he's very strong, he has a good recovery, and on top of that he has a nice list of effective move-sets that you can use and potentially use for mind games. He's a great character overall :D
He actually kind of reminds me of an Espada from bleach too >_>; don't ask me why lol
But yea, i've converted from a Metaknight user to a Lucario user. Add me to list

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
Lucario is much more awesome then i was expecting to be. He combos well, he's very strong, he has a good recovery, and on top of that he has a nice list of effective move-sets that you can use and potentially use for mind games. He's a great character overall :D
He actually kind of reminds me of an Espada from bleach too >_>; don't ask me why lol
But yea, i've converted from a Metaknight user to a Lucario user. Add me to list
what espada from bleach though? grimmjow in his released form?

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
my main..

Lucario is also my main as well.. please add me to the list ^^

force palm used at melee range is alot scarier then many may think... it kills fro mdecent percents in my experience... 110-140% usually

2ndchance

Smash Journeyman
So, yea I got a question, Taj isnt on the list of mainers, so I guess he doesnt main lucario (If he plays brawl at all). Does anyone know who he mains?

Milln

Smash Champion
So, yea I got a question, Taj isnt on the list of mainers, so I guess he doesnt main lucario (If he plays brawl at all). Does anyone know who he mains?
We haven't updated the Main list in a long time and won't update it from now on. We don't know who Taj mains... just hope he's still epic as he was with Mewtwo.

Moosecalibur

Smash Apprentice
Put me up as a Lucario main, as I wreck house with him now (even though we're all still starting off newbish at Brawl, he's a better choice of fighting style for me over my old nerfed Jiggernaught)

Milln

Smash Champion
It is. We've pointed out so much you can possibly do with it... I just... need to use it more. XD

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
What situations would you guys use Lucario's N-air?

I want to use it more because the knockback is pretty good but I always fear the awful lag time after it. (He can't do anything even after the attack animation ends wtf >_<).

Lucario's d-air is pretty cool too :laugh:

Stalling in mid-air is pretty cool >_>.

Also does anyone use lucario's D-air as sort of a edgeguard?

I want to try it but I sometimes grab the edge by mistake. :(

Maybe i should grab the edge then drop and d-air?

Against the people that recover from below obviously.

Milln

Smash Champion
Hmm... o,o Have you seen my Inner Fire videos? Lots of great information about Lucario in there, Tec. =3 Nair is best used as an air combo finisher or as a move to use when you're heading back towards the ground. It has almost zero landing recovery.

Azuro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THTB614
I pretty much use Luc's nair as part of my approach, as well as after a connected fair. It's got sweet knockback and low landing lag.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
>.> Thats what the Pits WANT you to do.
Besides, his arrows are shot so fast, they'll have one hitting you once you finish rolling.
Once you get close, he DSmashes and repeats.

The best way to handle pit is to pressure him with aerials, and then re-apply pressure with aura spheres or Tilts, and then finish with a smash or disrupt his recovery.

Also:
I'm zapping the "Mainers" list, since its getting huge and I can't manage it :3.
If someone wants to start their own topic concerning that, then they're welcome to do so, and I'll give them my current list!

Also removing the videos, since we have a video thread now, and I hope they're all in there.

-DD
No, it isn't what he wants you to do. He wants to not shield against them. You have to time it right, roll, shield, roll, shield. When you get close, they usually do something predictable (like a smash) shield it, and capitalize.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
No, it isn't what he wants you to do. He wants to not shield against them. You have to time it right, roll, shield, roll, shield. When you get close, they usually do something predictable (like a smash) shield it, and capitalize.
It doesn't. You'll get KO'd if you do that.
Yeah..

I think if you do rolling into shielding over and over a timed any smash is in your future.

LegendofLink

Smash Apprentice
I've been wondering...
What exactly are Lucario's weaknesses?
I haven't really heard much talk about it, and I'll need to know what they are in order to overcome them and get better.

Moosecalibur

Smash Apprentice
I didn't unlock him, but hes about an hour/hour and a half into SSE if I estimated it about right.
Of course, this is assuming a speed run, so I'd probably put about 2 to 3 hours in.

Anyways, you unlock him after MetaKnight and Ice Climbers go up a huge Icy Mountain, and Lucario is on the top.

I guess he owns the mountain or something, and attacks Metaknight, and then you choose who to play as.

You MUST choose MetaKnight and beat up Lucario to unlock him.

=)!

The first footage I'm uploading is Lucario v. Taboo on Easy. :p Its sorta close match.
-DD

My YouTube Profile is Here!
that's odd, because I chose Lucario and beat the **** out of metaknight and I still got Lucario :ohwell:

Top Bottom