• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Official Long Island Melee thread

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
So there comes a time when everyone steps away from Melee. There's also a time when you feel like you have a little gas left in the tank.

I think I have a little gas left.

I've been silently going around Long Island looking at who is still playing Melee. I noticed that people are still hungry and need someone to take charge in organizing meet-ups and offer competition. This is where I come in. For those of you who don't know I am, I used to play Melee competitively about 4 year ago now. I really want to revive the scene on Long Island and get everyone connected and playing as much as possible. I'm hoping to spark the interest of some people on Long Island that I used to play with and who I know are still in the scene.

Things I can offer here are:

A place to play
Willingness to teach what I know
Criticism
Availability to play as much as possible (Due to the fact I want to start going to tournaments again)

Browsing the Regional Boards I noticed there is no official Long Island thread anymore. Hopefully we can build this back up, create a list of people on Long Island, organize and play, and start our own tournament scene here.

Please, feel free to post your info, if you are willing to play, when, and any other relevant information. I'll create a main contact list, and hopefully we can all start playing right away.

Feel free to text me at 516-524-5525 or DM me here on smash boards. Personally, I live in Bellmore which is in Nassau County, just as a heads up.

CJayC

Smash Rookie
Bibbity bump. For anyone interested, hosting a session at Katie's of Smithtown around 7pm tonight!

21+ Venue (sorry young guns!) 3$ PBR and Miller Lite specials
145w Main St, Smithtown, 11787

kanbaru

Smash Rookie
Bibbity bump. For anyone interested, hosting a session at Katie's of Smithtown around 7pm tonight!

21+ Venue (sorry young guns!) 3$ PBR and Miller Lite specials
145w Main St, Smithtown, 11787
is this gon be a weekly thing or

REØ

Smash Lord
So there comes a time when everyone steps away from Melee. There's also a time when you feel like you have a little gas left in the tank.

I think I have a little gas left.

I've been silently going around Long Island looking at who is still playing Melee. I noticed that people are still hungry and need someone to take charge in organizing meet-ups and offer competition. This is where I come in. For those of you who don't know I am, I used to play Melee competitively about 4 year ago now. I really want to revive the scene on Long Island and get everyone connected and playing as much as possible. I'm hoping to spark the interest of some people on Long Island that I used to play with and who I know are still in the scene.

Things I can offer here are:

A place to play
Willingness to teach what I know
Criticism
Availability to play as much as possible (Due to the fact I want to start going to tournaments again)

Browsing the Regional Boards I noticed there is no official Long Island thread anymore. Hopefully we can build this back up, create a list of people on Long Island, organize and play, and start our own tournament scene here.

Please, feel free to post your info, if you are willing to play, when, and any other relevant information. I'll create a main contact list, and hopefully we can all start playing right away.

Feel free to text me at 516-524-5525 or DM me here on smash boards. Personally, I live in Bellmore which is in Nassau County, just as a heads up.

I'm going through the same thing and randomly out of the blue would love to start playing Melee again. I miss the game and haven't played in a LONG time but I am definitely willing to play with fellow LI smash players again. I want to get serious with the game and hopefully reach a tournament worthy level.

Mercapto

Smash Rookie
If any Long Islanders are still feeling it, I'll be down to play lots of Melee in late May through August. I'm away at school now, but once I get home I'll be itching to play. I'm kinda scrubbish, but I know the basics of advanced tech and have played a decent bit of PM casually. I've picked Melee up again recently, so hopefully by the time I get back home I'll be good enough to be fun to spar with at least. Like the OP, I'm also from Nassau.

I hope this thread picks up. That'd be pretty great.

Top Bottom