• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Little Mac for SSBB" Thread (NES Mac, not SNES)

nomis

Smash Journeyman
A week passes and his father's condition only worsens.
A little Mac enters the house, bruised and beaten, and greets, "I'm home, mom, dad." But this time there is no response.

"Mom? Dad?" Mac hears light sobs towards the direction of his father's room. He slowly opens the door and finds his mother sobbing over his father, now in a light blue lifeless complexion.

Mac turns away from the door. "No..." He walks towards the entrance of his house. "No..." He continues to deny the truth, now at the door. "N - "

Loud slams on the door interrupt Mac's train of thought. "Who's there?" says Mac.

The door suddenly swings inwards, revealing that it was the big burly man from a weeks past. "Where's your mother." he says.

Mac points to the direction of his father's room. The man says nothing and with deep strides he opens the door, grabs Mac's mother by the arm, and drags her out of the house. "NOO!" Mac runs to the big man, but the man just pushes Mac away with his foot. Mac immediately runs to his father and screams, "Dad! They're taking mommy away!" His tiny hands push his father's upper arm. "Dad!!!"

To be continued!

nomis

Smash Journeyman
Homeless, Mac kneels at the main road, begging passerbys for food or money. All the citizens turn to look the other way, in fear that the landlord will get them next.

"Hey! Look!" Mac looks up and finds that it's one of the bullies at school. "Look at this loser - I heard his father died because his mom doesn't know how to cook!"
"Heh, heh, it must have been starvation, heh, heh." says a jittery cahoot of the bully.
"Where's mommy now, huh?" The bully smacks Mac on the side of his head. "Maybe she's a cupholder for the landlord now - the only thing she's good for!" The laughter from the children cause Mac's body to shiver. Mac, closing his fist, trying to suppress his tears, is hit by a blinding light.

He regains his thoughts and finds that he is standing above the beaten body of the main bully. "W-what happened..?" Mac notices there's blood on the backside of his hand. "D-did I scrape my hands?"

Then a man comes to Mac and grabs him by the shoulders. "C'mere, son, we don't want to get in trouble now." He forcefully but carefully leans Mac towards his direction, and they end up in his house. "Those were some swift punches, kid." Mac remains silent. "U-uhh... so why don't we introduce ourselves?" The stranger hands Mac a bottle of juice.

Life restores from Mac's eyes as he follows the flow of the juice in the bottle. He quickly grabs it and drinks it all in one swift motion.

"So, kid, what's your name?"
"M-Mac... Little Mac."
"Mac, huh." The stranger leans back on his chair and says, "Nice to meet you Mac. The name's Doc, Doc Louis."

To be continued!

nomis

Smash Journeyman
"So kid," says Doc, "where'd you learn to fight like that?"
"Huh?" replies Mac, now with a piece of bread in his mouth.
"I saw those punches you threw on that brat - like it were straight of the text book." Mac eats, still clueless. "Eat with your mouth closed, kid."
Mac nods and complies.
"Where are your parents?"
Mac slows his chewing and looks down into empty space. "They're gone..."
Doc stares at Mac's eyes. He finds sorrow and guilt, but deep down he can see the life, the spark in his eyes. "You want some beef to go with that bread?"
Mac's eyes gleam with tears, "Yes! Please!!!"
Doc smiles and begins to cook.

-

"No way!" A teenage Mac innocently yelps, "I'm not going to enter the boxing circuits! I'll be killed!"
"I didn't train you to be a loser, kid." Says an aged Doc, now with three chins, "You've never lost a spar, you've 'accidently' sent 4 of the landlord's bodyguards to the hospital, and most of all, you've got the spirit - enough spirit to get you to the top, kid. That, and your amazing leaping uppercut will send you to the top, literally."
"G-give me some time to think about it!"
"Tomorrow."
"Gotcha!" Mac runs out of the gym to run his daily routine.

To be continued!

nomis

Smash Journeyman
Little Mac rises from his feet.
"Put up your gloves! Can you go on?!" says the Referee.
Mac does nothing but stare deep into the eyes of his opponent.
The ref snickers and quickly steps back saying, "FIGHT!"

"The raging bull steps back! Look at the killing intent in his eyes!" Screams the announcer. "Little Mac stays at the sidelines - is he preparing for the blow?! Or is he - WAIT! The bull charges! One pivot! Two! Three! AND AN UPPERCUT SWUNG ON THE FOURTH!"

The crowd becomes silent within the chilling seconds that last a lifetime.

The silence is quickly broken by the announcer, "Little Mac sidestepped! Completely dodging Bald Bull's deadly knockout uppercut! He's left wide open for - AND THERE IT IS! MAC'S TRADEMARK LEAP FROG UPPERCUT!"

-

"That was one hell of a fight, kid!" says Doc.
"Hehe... I won, didn't I?"
"You almost gave me a heart attack there, kid!"
Completely ignoring Doc, Mac says, "C-champion... I just became champ didn't I...?!"
Doc laughs, "As long as you come back to me in one piece, kid. Doesn't matter to me whether you're the champ or not."

They leave the arena and celebrate to their heart's content.

nomis

Smash Journeyman
Doc said:
As long as you come back to me in one piece, kid. Doesn't matter to me whether you're the champ or not
The words echo behind Mac's mind.

"Too slow!" Yellow Thunder grins.
"Hmph." The Verdigris Knight turns away. "Didn't even put up a fight."
Little Mac strikes the floor leaving a crater, the concrete encompassing his body like a coffin. "Aww," the Spherical Nightmare says, "I was hoping for a challenge."
"Looks like we overestimated him!" The Absolute Zeros pout.
"Wait - " says the Arbiter, "it's not over."
Everyone turns around back to where Mac had fallen.

"It had just begun."

nomis

Smash Journeyman
"Arbiter!" Screams Verdigris, "What do we do?! The only ones left standing are us and Absolute Zero #2!"
"Everyone has fallen." says the Crimson Arbiter, "Maybe it's time we... pledge defeat."
"As much as I hate the idea, it would be best if we did."
"What have we unleashed..." the Arbiter gulps, "We give up Mac! Please, spare our lives!"
"Alright." Little Mac stops his rampage.

"Just kidding."

nomis

Smash Journeyman
"What the hell..?" Little Mac looks around at the massacre he had done, "What happened?! Where did I pull this gun out? What happened to everyone?! But seriously, where did I pull this gun out?!"

*Clap, clap, clap, clap* "Very well done, 'Little' Mac."

"Who's that?! More crazy shadowy figure guys?!" Little Mac looks deeper into the silhouette, "Oh my god..."

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
nomis said:
"What the hell..?" Little Mac looks around at the massacre he had done, "What happened?! Where did I pull this gun out? What happened to everyone?! But seriously, where did I pull this gun out?!"

*Clap, clap, clap, clap* "Very well done, 'Little' Mac."

"Who's that?! More crazy shadowy figure guys?!" Little Mac looks deeper into the silhouette, "Oh my god..."

Now THIS picture wins hard.

nomis

Smash Journeyman
"You - How'd you get in here?!" Mac's jaw drops, "And how did you clap?!"
"No need for senseless questions. What we're here for today is not words, but battle. For words only instigate the problem and not solve them. Needless speak coming from your mouth mean nothing to this world, let alone me, the ender-of-planets. What did you think all those little pellets were while you fiddled with the joystick at the arcade? Did you think that they were mere bird pellets? Did you think that it was only bread crumbs? Wrong, I'm not here to pick up your scraps, I'm here to pick up the biggest scrap of them all, you."

Little Mac pokes the Arbiter's nose.

"LISTEN TO ME YOU ****ING PIECE OF **** SUCKING **** MONGLING IMBECILE! It was you who ruined my life! You who made me suffer that one day!"
"What're you talking about?" Mac tries to remember.
"You should ask your mother... ha ha ha..."
"Y-you...!!!"
"That's right. Little did you know, you sent me to the hospital that night. My whole face, including my torso and limbs were... demolished. My parents were rich enough to save my life but not pay for the cosmetic surgery. So they decided to make me into this... thing, and I had to market myself to those blasted ingrates at Namco, which put me into the game, making me one of the wealthiest men in the world."
"So how come you didn't pay for the cosmetic surgery to fix you up?"
"Because they couldn't! All they have done to me is add these limbs and make me round... you broke me beyond repair, and I shall do the same to you!"

King9999

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmking9999
3DS FC
2105-8754-7747
Switch FC
2722-8799-3295
I think it's time for an intermission. :p This is a moveset I made for Little Mac:

Little Mac

Stats (out of 5, 3 is average)
---
Attack: 4
Weight: 2
Reach: 3
Gravity: 3
Speed: 3
Defense: 4
Jump: 2

B attacks
B: Counter (10% dmg) - Mac gets in a defensive position, ready to counter any ground attacks. Once the counter attack is initiated, the player can input any of the following commands:
neutral: straight, mid knockback
^: uppercut, sends opponent up
> or <: punch, then trade places with opponent
V: body shot leaves opponent stunned
Counter does not block projectiles, jumping attacks, or low attacks.

B^: Power Uppercut (25%) - Mac winds up for a leaping punch with heavy knockback, and grants an easy KO if the target took enough damage. Mac is vulnerable during windup. PU doesn't have much horizontal range, so it doesn't make a great recovery move.

B>: Duck - Mac advances forward, ducking under most attacks. Has invincibility frames on startup. Can pass through opponents. Can follow up with another Duck, or with any ground A attack. If performed in the air, Mac will air dash forward (can be followed up with another Duck).

Bv: Speed Training (1%x6) - Mac juggles opponents as if they were speed bags. No knockback, causes juggling. Can be canceled into any other attack.

A attacks
A: Jab (press twice for one-two combo) - 3%, no knockback
A>: Straight - 9%, low knockback
A>>: Cross - 15%, mid knockback
A^: Uppercut - 12%, mid knockback
A^^: Leaping Screw Uppercut - 5x3%, sends opponents up
Av: Punch Sweep - 7%, knocks down opponent
Avv: Body Blow - 12%, heavy knockback, low velocity
runA: Haymaker - 13%, heavy knockback

airA: Jab - 5%, no knockback
airA^: Rising Punch - 10%, sends opponent up
airA>: Straight - 11%, mid knockback
airA<: Spinning Backfist - 9%, mid knockback
airAv: Buffalo Punch - 12%, spike

Throws
Z: Lock
Z^: Uppercut - 10%, sends opponent up
Z>: One-Two-Three - 3%, 3%, 9%, mid knockback
Z<: One-Two-Three in other direction
Zv: Elbow - 10%, opponent bounces off ground for juggle setup
Z+A: Body Blows - 3%

Taunt: Says "Come on!" and gestures the opponent to advance on Mac.

Super Smash: Little Champion
For 15 seconds, all attacks cause heavy knockback as if opponents had taken 100% damage, even if opponents have < 100%. If an opponent has more than 100%, then he retains the same properties associated with damage levels > 100%.

Thoughts?

parrothead

Smash Lord
Here are some reasons why I believe the blonde-haired Little Mac (SNES Super Punch-Out!!) has a higher chance at entering than the black-haired one (Two NES Punch-Out!! titles):

• If Kirby copied the black-haired one, he won't look as good as if he copied the blonde-haired one, because of the hair-do.
  • He has a better winning taunt, which is when he raises his left fist in the air and shouts "RIGHT ON!"
  • He has more moves than the black-haired one.
  • He reappeared in EA's Fight Night Round 2, while his name was revealed by Nintendo (not EA). This probably means that the blonde-haired Little Mac is who Nintendo prefers more than the black-haired one.
  • SNES Super Punch-Out!! closely matches the two Punch-Out!! arcades more than the NES ones.
  • Blonde-haired Little Mac has an entrance of his own, which is the same one from the opening of the SNES Super Punch-Out!!
  • Most characters shown in the SSBB trailer are modernized editions. Pit's look is mostly based on the front cover of the Game Boy Kid Icarus than the NES/Famicom Disk one does.

Many of you would still believe the black-haired Little Mac would enter, because he and the NES Punch-Out!! titles are more popular.

The protagonist for both arcade versions (and the Arm Wrestling spin-off) is unknown, but he could be related to Little Mac.

Major reasons why the NES version is popular:

|1.| He has a coach.
|2.| He's in a YTMND fad.
|3.| He's the protagonist of the most popular Punch-Out!! game.
|4.| He's the protagonist of the first home console Punch-Out!! title.
|5.| He faced against Mike Tyson.

And major reasons why the SNES version is popular:

|1.| He has more moves than before.
|2.| He looks easier to recognize.
|3.| His winning taunt is greater than before. "RIGHT ON!"
|4.| He appeared in 3D in EA's Fight Night Round 2.
|5.| He can face more than one real-life boxer in Fight Night Round 2.

I don't know why they modified Little Mac's look, but probably because it's related to a missing storyline, which probably means that after Little Mac knocked out Mr. Dream and won a lot of money, he spend his money for a new hair-do, a facial surgery, and better clothes to make him look good enough in his opinion.

And what about the other boxers (excluding Mike Tyson)? Some of them retired or quit boxing and moved on to something else. For a serious example, Glass Joe became a boxing coach at his own boxing gym. Then he met a pretty old boxer name Gabby Jay, and while they fought each other, Gabby Jay knocked out Glass Joe and graduated to move on to fight other boxers, but he never won a single match ever since he fought Glass Joe. And this other example might be true, after Super Macho Man got knocked out by Little Mac, he went back to practice boxing while he got himself a sun tan.

Before they finished developing the SNES Super Punch-Out!!, there was a screenshot of the Beta version, which showed Little Mac with a different look, before they made him have blonde-hair. It looked similar to this, but the face looked more like Inuyasha's or Joey's (Yu-Gi-Oh!: Duel Monsters):

burrito

Smash Lord
Yeah, the SNES version makes more sense. Since he is more up to date and appeared in Fight Night round 2.

parrothead

Smash Lord
I don't think Blonde-haired Little Mac looks like a Super-Saiyan Dragon Ball character. He looks funnier than the black-haired, because the blonde-haired looks similar to these looks of David Spade:

parrothead

Smash Lord
If Nintendo adds that n***a stole my bike theme, then it might cause people to think that Nintendo doesn't care about African-Americans. Hey, Hey, Hey. I'm white and I'm against the KKK.

In the SNES Super Punch-Out!!, Little Mac doesn't have Doc Louis anymore, probably because his coach passed away. Just like what happened to Rocky Balboa's coach.

Black-haired Little Mac looks similar to Adam Sandler and Jason Biggs, while Doc Louis looks similar to Urkel's neighbor, Bernie Mac, and Cedric the Entertainer.

Mido02

Smash Apprentice
hahahaha imagine Kirby-Little Mac, Kirby is just wearing boxershorts!!! Little Mac has definitly have 2 be in the game now!!!:)

DDM

Smash Journeyman
His "special" when he grabs the flashing icon will have to be either Great Tiger's special or Super Macho Man's special.

I'm thinking his taunt should be Don Flamenco's pre-fight jig.

Fliperotchy

Smash Journeyman
i've played and beaten MTPO soooo many times. i think little mac would be awesome. i would defenitley use him, as long as he can use that super punch where you press start. lol.

Eric the Lone

Smash Journeyman
DDM said:
His "special" when he grabs the flashing icon will have to be either Great Tiger's special or Super Macho Man's special.

I'm thinking his taunt should be Don Flamenco's pre-fight jig.
Um, no. Little Mac does not need to be imitating pansy *** Don Flamenco, thanks.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'm pretty confident that we won't see lil mac.

Nintendo needs to be thinking about marketing not only this game, but all the franchises represented. Lil Mac represents an era of nintendo gaming that they will not revisit. There will be no sequels to Mike Tyson's Punch Out. Fight Night has claimed the entire market of boxing games, and if you've seen the xbox 360 version, you will know that there is zero room for a punchout remake. i don't see how adding lil mac will improve nintendo's overall company performance. they are much better off with characters like olimar, and other main characters of franchises that they can keep alive by getting people familiar with their lead characters.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I think Nintendo needs to please the fans and add characters to boost sales. Ice Climbers, GAW, and Pit are the perfect examples of pleasing the fans but they didn't get remakes.(although Kid Icarus may)

I say add characters like Geno, King DeDeDe, Ridley, and some of the other non-obscure characters that actually have a chance of getting in to please the fans.

Then they could add characters like Captain Olimar, Sami, and others to represent other franchises so they could get a boost in sales too.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
DastrnMarco said:
i'm pretty confident that we won't see lil mac.

Nintendo needs to be thinking about marketing not only this game, but all the franchises represented. Lil Mac represents an era of nintendo gaming that they will not revisit. There will be no sequels to Mike Tyson's Punch Out. Fight Night has claimed the entire market of boxing games, and if you've seen the xbox 360 version, you will know that there is zero room for a punchout remake. i don't see how adding lil mac will improve nintendo's overall company performance. they are much better off with characters like olimar, and other main characters of franchises that they can keep alive by getting people familiar with their lead characters.
I also happen to think there's pretty much no chance for a Ice Climbers, G&W or Kid Icarus game, that didn't stop them, one think about Smash is it gives a feel of nostolagia, for ssb, it was Ness, for Melee, we got IC's and G&W, besides, how does adding Snake improve nintendo's performance? You are probably the only person I've seen who thinks he shouldn't make it. That being said, Little Mac for Brawl!

Top Bottom