• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Little Mac for SSBB" Thread (NES Mac, not SNES)

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
After all the polls and suggestion letters to Sakurai, I can say that Nintendo will probably remember this important factor: Give the Smash fans what/who they want, THEN add characters we all know and love which will boost the sales (for example, Sonic)

Icedclimber

Smash Cadet
I just wish they make Ol' Mackie look like he did in NES, not like they did in Fight Night. He looked like Brian Peppers in that game.

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
They could make another Punch Out game and little competion with X-box. Since Punch Out has never been a "realistic" game they could make a more of a "fantasy" game with moves like the Great Tiger's Magic Punch. That would be fun as he11.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Link'sShadow said:
They could make another Punch Out game and little competion with X-box. Since Punch Out has never been a "realistic" game they could make a more of a "fantasy" game with moves like the Great Tiger's Magic Punch. That would be fun as he11.
I couldnt agree more. Another Punch-Out game would be freaking great.

Icedclimber

Smash Cadet
HEY HOWS ABOUTS A WII PUNCHOUT???!! Use the remote thing to uppercut, and integrate the movements into the gameplay! that would be kick ***.

empty

Smash Cadet
The Move set.

B - a lightning quick jab with some serious stall afterwards. If you counter someone then you get a star.

B (with a star) - Winds up for his super uppercut. (around DK punch strength?)

Down B - Blocks with his gloves. another counter type move. If someone hits the gloves then they get tierd... becomeing signifigantly slower for a short while. (this lasts longer bases on your %)

Up B - Mac dives up in to the air and pounds down with an overhand right. you can use it for your first jump and still get a double jump afterwards, and it has a similar effect to DK's headbutt. This is Macs only form of spike.

Forward B - a running/sliding punch like TJ Combo's in Killer instinct. A weak move but it is good for edge guarding because it sends people a set distance and near horizontal . (this is to make up for the ****ty throws he's bound to have)

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
Icedclimber said:
HEY HOWS ABOUTS A WII PUNCHOUT???!! Use the remote thing to uppercut, and integrate the movements into the gameplay! that would be kick ***.
HOLY F*** thats the greatest Idea since chocolate and peanut butter. You could make a virtual boxing game like that. I would play that over any x-box boxing game.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Icedclimber said:
That is actually a really really good idea. I'd buy it for sure.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I am pretty sure he will be in the game. I mean, I expect there to be twice the roster of Melee, so there is definately room.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Little Mac IS going to be in the game. It's inevitable cause Sakurai's a nostalgia-freak.

I personally think the NES version is a little more along the lines when people think of Little Mac. Maybe the SNES version could be available through costume change.

Pika420

Smash Cadet
wow....i started a Little Mac thread not long ago not knowing this wonderful topic was around. i feel like manny in ice age 2 when he discovers there are other mammoths...haha, anyways, still not on topic, but that punch out parody on the first page was hysterical! i love the ending especially. :)
back on topic, with this much support, i feel MUCH MUCH better in establishing hope that little mac will be in this game. in my opinion, as far as ESSENTIAL nintendo characters go, i think Little Mac and Diddy Kong are pretty much the only ones left who just HAVE to be in the next smash.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Mr. Sandman was tough, but not impossible. I haven't played for a while, but I remember that for as dumb as Mr. Sandman was, Super Macho Man was always worse.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Ehh, I disagree. NES Mac is more old school, and he's the one that so many gamers fell in love with. SNES Mac was different graphically, and (IIRC) had some different moves (I only played it once or so, so I can't quite remember). But it's sort of an issue of which do you support: the original, or the "update"? I favor the former.

burrito

Smash Lord
Bah, despite their cosmetic differences, they are both still Little Mac. This arguement should be confined to one thread.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Dude, that's sweet. And thank you! I try to be awesome (but never too hard!)...sometimes I succeed. =)

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
When there are more than one thread for ONE character, they usually get closed. That is why there should only be one little man thread.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

WRONG. That's not Little Mac. That's a cheap impersonation.

THAT'S Little Mac.

Hence, two threads. =) Some people prefer the imposter.

daisythirdeyeW33

Smash Apprentice
Little Mac is probably the most original character ever thought of. Amazing job for thinking of him. He will probably be the most used character in the game ever.
YES! DOUBLE YES!! TRIPLE YES!! for me.
This is really clever!

CHARACTERS LIKE THESE MAKE THE GAME UNIQUE OUT OF ALL THE OTHER ACTION/FIGHTING GAMES.

He is more recognizable for the older gamers and the only playable character in its game.

But there is a problem here.

How will Little Mac do a third jump? And how will the game portray his mostly unseen legs.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Exactly what I thought! Hearing those sounds gets me all giddy inside. =)

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
I think I've said this before but I'll say it again. Little Mac is one of my most wanted characters in SSBB. I mean he is from NES's best fighting games (One of the best in general). Also I would like to see a lot of his fellow boxers as AT.

Little Mac can pull a Butterbean and go from Boxing to No holds barred. And did you know he's making a comeback.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SiBER4iVwCw

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'm really holding out for the ability to play as Little Mac. I think that he has a good chance of appearing because Sakurai has openly expressed an interest in the series because of its "international success". Let's all keep our fingers crossed! =)

Top Bottom