• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official list of cameos and other tools from Sonic the Hedgehog series

volbound1700

Smash Master
This is the list of other items, characters, music, stages, etc. that appear in Brawl representing the Sonic series.

So far we have

Green Hill Stage with Cameos of Knuckles, Silver, and Tails

Shadow as an assist Trophy

Dr. Robotnik as a boss (deconfirmed)

Music:

Green Hill Zone
Scrap Brain Song
Emerald Hill Zone
Angel Island Zone
Sonic Boom
Super Sonic Racing
Open Your Heart
Live and Learn
Sonic Heroes
Right There, Right On
His World
Seven Rings in Hand

Stickers:
Silver

Please notify me of any additions to the list.

Kronzo

Smash Apprentice
Tails is a n00b. :> and isn't silver a sticker, he might be both, i don't know.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Wow lame Shadow got over Tails as an AT? Wow just wow, I hope Silver being an AT is a joke because Sakurai really ****ed everything Sonic related beside Sonic.
Sonic as a lame role in SSE, no Tails AT but the darn unorignal emohog instead, Eggman/Robotnik isn't even in the game as a boss in SSE.....you have failed to satisfy me as a Sonic fan Sakurai.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Wow lame Shadow got over Tails as an AT? Wow just wow, I hope Silver being an AT is a joke because Sakurai really ****ed everything Sonic related beside Sonic.
Sonic as a lame role in SSE, no Tails AT but the **** emohog instead, Eggman/Robotnik isn't even in the game as a boss in SSE.....you have failed to satisfy me as a Sonic fan Sakurai.
You do know that Sonic (Along with others I'd bet) gets to fight the last boss right?.

But I was disappointed that it was Shadow who got AT status instead. I was really hoping Tails was the AT. And I think the Silver thing may just be a rumor.

It will still be funny to see Shadow fans not only find out he is not playable, but comes out Pokeball style.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
You do know that Sonic (Along with others I'd bet) gets to fight the last boss right?.

But I was disappointed that it was Shadow who got AT status instead. I was really hoping Tails was the AT. And I think the Silver thing may just be a rumor.

It will still be funny to see Shadow fans not only find out he is not playable, but comes out Pokeball style.
I watched the final boss fight, Sonic doesn't fight the final boss if you don't pick him. Cuz you get to choose a party of 4 characters after Sonic hit Taboo in the cutscenes...so really seeing as Sonic only appear at the end to hit Taboo once I'm sad to say his role is really nothing to brag about.

S2

Smash Lord
I'm surprised they picked Shadow as an AT over Knuckles.

Well not that surprised. Even though Knuckles is still the popular one.... Sega just won't quit trying to replace him with Shadow.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
They're should have been more Sonic elements to the game..
No Sonic items?
Is Eggman SERIOUSLY not a boss? He would be perfect.
Descriptions on those assist trophies, if you know, please.

SonicMario

Smash Master
@HolyNightmare: But hey, he's Sonic. He chooses where he wants to be without anyone getting in his way.. or fast enough to stop him as well.

I didn't really expect a major role for Sonic anyway. He's only 1 out of 35 characters, it's nt like he is the "chosen one" or in other words "He-who-is-destined-to-vanquish-the-minister". Did you think Sakauri was going to give him such a huge role?

I mean come on, He teams ups with Mario, beats on Taboo, and even if it's optional he still is part of the final fight! That's epic enough even if it is short

At least he is never turned into a trophy.

And @S2: Sega probably had nothing to do with it. Sakauri just heard he was the 2nd most popular, so he made him AT: Simple as that.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I mean come on, He teams ups with Mario, beats on Taboo, and even if it's optional he still is part of the final fight! That's epic enough even if it is short

At least he is never turned into a trophy.
How exactly does he team up with Mario when you unlock him before the final boss fight?
No seriously SonicMario I just wanted Sonic to have a similar role like Snake got, he gets to interact with various other nintendo character. Sakurai got lazy and Sonic just feel like he's there for no apparent reason, so you're going to tell me he was running like a moron during the whole game just to pop-up for no reason at the end...wow!
He doesn't even get a playable part in the SSE for shame! Wtf is this Sakurai.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Is there a video anywhere of Shadow as an assist trophy? I hate the character, but I'm still curious to see what he does. All I've seen was his image in the credits.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Is there a video anywhere of Shadow as an assist trophy? I hate the character, but I'm still curious to see what he does. All I've seen was his image in the credits.
At 0:50 you can see teh ultimate phailure in action performing Chaos control to slow down every opponents for 5 seconds beside the one who summoned him of course.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ytIhZp8vxzU

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Ha, so he's like a ****ty version of the clock item. Well, the way I see it..After I play the game a bit, assist trophies will most likely be turned off anyways. Tails and Knuckles however, will always be a part of my game play, since they're in a stage. Sure, they both deserved an AT spot over Shadow, but at least they're in the game. Sakurai could've easily just not put any of them in at all.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Ha, so he's like a ****ty version of the clock item. Well, the way I see it..After I play the game a bit, assist trophies will most likely be turned off anyways. Tails and Knuckles however, will always be a part of my game play, since they're in a stage. Sure, they both deserved an AT spot over Shadow, but at least they're in the game. Sakurai could've easily just not put any of them in at all.
I guess you're right, I feel a bit better now.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
I don't recall seeing Silver in the credits screen next to Shadow. But then again, it was a little fuzzy.

Also, doesn't anyone here know that the Deus Ex (Sonic, in this case.) is, by law, more than 50% of the awesome in the entire story, with everything else being the other half?

Of course, this is the almighty Brawl, so it probably gets, like, 999% of awesome, so I may have to check my math on this one.

Edit: Checked it. Sonic is 9000% of brawl's 999% awesome. :chuckle:

Also edit: Yeah, Shadow...Well, he's doing what he's good at, so no complaints here. An alt skin might have been nice, though. Oh well.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
That reminds me..Did they change Sonic's alt colors at all?! Or are they still the same hard to differentiate wristband colors?

volbound1700

Smash Master
Can anyone confirm whether Silver is a sticker or AT so I can update it. I have a feeling there are more Sonic elements in the game then I listed.

Also any confirmation on whether Dr. Robotnik is a true boss or not?

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Silver is a sticker. We've had that info since the sticker update. I'm sure if Dr. Robotnik was a boss, we'd know by now..

Wizard99

Smash Journeyman
Does Robotnik seriously have no role :(
Oh well, GH Zone looks awsome, and the Sonic CD music sounds great!

Hoboman725

Smash Journeyman
shadow is awesome, you guys just suck.

Robotnik would have made a great boss, I wonder why he was apparently left out?

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
shadow is awesome, you guys just suck.

Robotnik would have made a great boss, I wonder why he was apparently left out?
But in Bizarro land, Awesome is Shadow and just sucks guys!

Anyhow, I don't see much need to argue over Shadow. He's got a pretty useful ability, and it's not like he tells you WHO HE AM before hand. Then again...English Dub and Sonic games have a history of tragedy...

UltimatX

Smash Cadet
Even though I like Shadow, I'm surprised he got AT over KNUCKLES AND TAILS. What the hell Sakurai........So the smash universe in SSE is falling apart. That doesn't mean you have to make reality fall apart too!??!?!?!??!

Anyway Silver is a sticker and appears running the loop in Green Hill with Knuckles and Tails.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I don't see how Dr. Robotnik/Eggman can be a boss, if Sonic supposed appears late in the Adventure Mode's story, Subspace Emissary.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's really a pity that Robotnik is seen nowhere in Brawl (that we are aware of, even though it's safe to assume he's not in at all). I mean, he's the second most prominent character, and one of the most important Sonic the Hedgehog characters EVER. It's like having Mario but no Bowser, or Link with no Ganondorf. It just doesn't feel right...

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
It's really a pity that Robotnik is seen nowhere in Brawl (that we are aware of, even though it's safe to assume he's not in at all). I mean, he's the second most prominent character, and one of the most important Sonic the Hedgehog characters EVER. It's like having Mario but no Bowser, or Link with no Ganondorf. It just doesn't feel right...
Meh, except with those other series, those bad guys are the main boss. Seriously, when was the last time the final fight was against Dr. Robotnik on a console game? Dr. Robotnik = Mid Boss in the Sonic universe now. Which is one of the main reasons i think the series has just plain sucked with the last few games (not counting the Rush series, and to a lesser extent, the Advanced series). They need to stop bringing in new heroes and villains in every game they make. Hell, even Sonic RPG is doing it. At least that ones not being done by Sonic Team though. =/

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Meh, except with those other series, those bad guys are the main boss. Seriously, when was the last time the final fight was against Dr. Robotnik on a console game? Dr. Robotnik = Mid Boss in the Sonic universe now. Which is one of the main reasons i think the series has just plain sucked with the last few games (not counting the Rush series, and to a lesser extent, the Advanced series). They need to stop bringing in new heroes and villains in every game they make. Hell, even Sonic RPG is doing it. At least that ones not being done by Sonic Team though. =/
True. It's just that Brawl seemed to be representing both the retro Sonic games and the more recent Sonic games together. It's just strange to be in GHZ and not see that giant wrecking ball he's known for so well.

Also, I agree on the whole "Robotnik=Mid Boss" bit. It kinda gets boring, considering every game since Sonic Adventure (exception is the Rush series, which was awesome because it lacked the following) has him seem like "the boss", but something else jumps out at the very end of the game.

Meh.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I don't see how Dr. Robotnik/Eggman can be a boss, if Sonic supposed appears late in the Adventure Mode's story, Subspace Emissary.
Then why do Fox and Diddy fight a Pokemonic (yes, my word) boss, in Rayquaza?
Characters don't fight bosses from their respective franchises, methinks.

Kronzo

Smash Apprentice
I think Shadow should've been a boss, along with robotnik, and then tails/knuckles could be AT's

volbound1700

Smash Master
Yes, but most people remember the classics when it comes to Sonic so Robotnik will be alive and well... I don't understand how Knuckles or Tails did not even get an AT spot. I was pretty sure there where attempts to even make them PCs although they didn't pass the cut.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
It's because Iizuka is in charge of Sonic Team and guess who created Shadow. If we still had Yuji Naka or Naoto Oshima they would have had Tails or Knuckles.
I bet that when Sakurai asked Iizuka if he could use Tails/Knuckles he quickly responded "No, Use my beloved creation instead he's cooler and has chaos powers!"

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
hey what's with the shadow hate i for one thought he was awesome in SA2 and heroes he is still cool just needs to pick up his act like stop being in ****ty games (06,rivals,riders,shadow) and stop using guns and vehicles and using chaos control in ssbb is a great way to start (not saying i don't want knuckles or tails AT just saying this is good as well)

volbound1700

Smash Master
hey what's with the shadow hate i for one thought he was awesome in SA2 and heroes he is still cool just needs to pick up his act like stop being in ****ty games (06,rivals,riders,shadow) and stop using guns and vehicles and using chaos control in ssbb is a great way to start (not saying i don't want knuckles or tails AT just saying this is good as well)
I always take the opinion of better he existed the not, even with Sakurai's clones.

However, I don't like Shadow fans that say he is greater then Sonic, Tails, or Knuckles... these idiots never played the SEGA Genesis. I grew up with Sonic1, Sonic2, and Sonic 1 on GameGear... three of the best games in the series.

Zycor

Smash Apprentice
So, I see people are STILL complaining about a game they don't own yet and I know the majority of you posters aren't going to use items anyways, so why even bother complaining about it?

Top Bottom