• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "I need help with ___"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt._Falcon92

Smash Rookie
Originally posted by SLaKKiCHu
Event 33, Lethal Marathon.

Could someone give me a hint or two on how to beat it? I'm stumped.
Well the timing is faster(of course) and you need capt. falcon to get to the end. What you should do is play a differnet game for a while then go back to the event match and keep doing it until you get the hang of the speed and used to it. If that doesnt work then play the normal level a bunch of times then do 33. If THAT doesnt work.....??????????:beezo: :shyguy: :starman: :pow:

Supernova

Smash Ace
samus grapple beam recovery

when using samus' grapple recovery, if you miss the corner of the platform (i'm assuming this is the "sweet spotting" people are referring to) you're left hanging. now here's the problem i don't know the answer on what to do if you miss the exact edge. if i try to retract the beam, and send myself up, i seem to be open for a second to attack.

assuming i don't have a second jump, and i didn't grapple the exact corner( to allow a simple retract to ledge hang,) what are my safer options?

Capt._Falcon92

Smash Rookie
Yeah this doesn't have to do with ssbm but, i made a thread and i tried to reply back someone who responded to my thred and it says it was closed what does that mean can you please help me out??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Emacee

Smash Ace
I need help with knowing what the heck Mr. Game&Watch is holding when he performs his forward aerial attack, what game it is from, and what you do in the game. (I like to know my Mr.Game&Watch, I'm a fanatic!)
I've heard the following before:

Credit Card (The heck?)

Movie Clapper (Action!)

Cement Block or two cement blocks from the game "Mario's Cement Factory" for Game& Watch.

Reclusive

Smash Cadet
Well im thinking either the Movie clapper or the cement blocks. I watched it in slow mo, and it actually shrinks after he 'presents it'. Logically, i could say i would never use a movie clapper to smash someone over the head with, and cement blocks seem the better choice. But who knows, ive never seen parachutes that can hurt people.

Supernova

Smash Ace
my above request for info...no one seems to be able to address it. so am i to understand if you don't sweet spot a grapple recovery, you'll be eating some form of attack?

ah humor...today we have 7 topics on the first HALF of the first page of gamefaqs with snex in them. without snex driving them insane, where would we find our humor? them faqers...they love their snex, i tell ya.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
Quick question, what's the general hand movement for a jump-cancelled shine to immediate wavedash (key word is immediate here. I've seen some where the wavedash comes quite a bit after, which is not what I want).

I can wavedash perfectly. I can drill kick->L-cancel->shine->jump-cancel perfeclty.

I just need to know the instantaneous wavedash part (with the jump-cancelled shine).

I would imagine it's something like B+down->Up->Down diagonal immediatly and execute the wavedash, but I just need someone to confirm this.

After all, what good would it be to practice down a techincality like this for no reason.

paperboy

Smash Ace
Actually, you just press X+R and the stick diagonally downward right after the shine. However, I HIGHLY recommend that you do it in training on 1/4 speed. It's pretty hard to do, but you'll get it.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
Actually, you just press X+R and the stick diagonally downward right after the shine. However, I HIGHLY recommend that you do it in training on 1/4 speed. It's pretty hard to do, but you'll get it.
You mean you just wavedash right out of the shine WITHOUT jump-cancelling the shine??

Are you sure it will be the instantaneous shine->WD->shine if I do it like that? Because if it is, then that's awesome, it'll be much less strenuous to pull off.

lol nah I don't need 1/4 speed. It may even screw me up if I try it like that. Trust me, I've got the technical skills to pull it off with about, say, an hour or two practice. I have a high degree of control over wavedashing already, so the added B+down shouldn't be too much of a problem.

ah humor...today we have 7 topics on the first HALF of the first page of gamefaqs with snex in them. without snex driving them insane, where would we find our humor? them faqers...they love their snex, i tell ya.
lol and speaking of humor, you should see all the gamefaqers kissing The punch Crew's *** ever 5 seconds for their skills. It's pretty funny; I doubt they have any idea who the real elite people are (Ken, jeremy, isai, azen, etc.)

stilettotrap

Smash Ace
Originally posted by dcx1287
Quick question, what's the general hand movement for a jump-cancelled shine to immediate wavedash (key word is immediate here. I've seen some where the wavedash comes quite a bit after, which is not what I want).

I can wavedash perfectly. I can drill kick->L-cancel->shine->jump-cancel perfeclty.

I just need to know the instantaneous wavedash part (with the jump-cancelled shine).

I would imagine it's something like B+down->Up->Down diagonal immediatly and execute the wavedash, but I just need someone to confirm this.

After all, what good would it be to practice down a techincality like this for no reason.
Hand movement goes like this: down b, x + downward diagonal-R. Yeah, just wavedash directly out of the shine, but make sure you jump with X instead of smashing up on the control stick. It's not too hard - just kind of press b, sweep your thumb over the controller and press it. It doesn't matter if you push A down on the way, because that doesn't do anything. You should see a bright flash of bluish white, a bunch of blue sparks, and a Fox wavedashing in its wake :p

Anyhow, reasons to perfect this: If you're facing a character that just slides across the ground and doesn't get knocked into the air when hit by a shine, you can wavedash towards them and grab immediately after. Sometimes you'll need to wavedash twice, but that's not a problem if you have fast fingers. On certain characters, you can replace the grab with an upsmash or even another drill kick for the infamous shine combo. If that's not reason enough... well... yeah.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
Alright then thanks paperboy and thanks stiletto for confirming the button movement.

Abel

Smash Rookie
help

I'm new to this site and I just joined and I want to know how I can fill my hp & mp up. when I bearly started they were both at zero and I went to the healing center and nothing happened! please help me somebody.:(

paperboy

Smash Ace
^Wrong room. Actually, don't post this in any room. Read the RPG Manual. The mods put it there for a reason ;). PM KirbyKing for any further questions.

CosmicSlice

Smash Apprentice
if you all didnt know, during Link, Young Link and Samus' R-dodge, you can press Z again and make them do their grapple/hookshot. this is used for Hyrule Jump and really useful recovery tactics

SNTRL

Smash Lord
Originally posted by CosmicSlice
if you all didnt know, during Link, Young Link and Samus' R-dodge, you can press Z again and make them do their grapple/hookshot. this is used for Hyrule Jump and really useful recovery tactics

I just found out about this a couple of days ago too. I mostly use it to dodge a spike and still recover at once, but some ppl already noticed this already so i guess were kind of late. Holla!!:)

RockCrock

Smash Champion
Last Trophy... Diskun

OK! i have 289 tropheys, I am only missing Diskun...
The one where you have to get everyone of the 251 or whatever bonus's.
I only need 2 more bonus's.

Item Smasher(3000)-
The guide I printed out from some site, says:
Used only smash attacks with swinging weapons.
For some reason... I cannot seem to get this bonus. Advice?:newbie:

And the Second bonus i need, is just annoying and time consuming.

No-Damage Clear(30000) -
Cleared all levels without taking any damage.
What you have to do, is either complete Classic, Adventure, or All-Star without taking any %
Now, at first glance I thought this would be impossible....
But after I tried a few times, It wasnt that bad.... but the fact that even if the computer just hits you once, and it only does 1% YOU HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN!:cry:

So any advice on how to get these two bonus's would be a great help.
Thanks.;)

StephenJones

Smash Cadet
for the no damage clear, try doing it on all-star mode with easy difficulty. all-star is much easier than adventure (the shear length makes it more likely to take damage) or classic (with master hand).

i dont know about the other one though. sorry.

paperboy

Smash Ace
Try using only smash attacks with items and smash throwing the item as well. That's my guess.

princeps

Smash Journeyman
for the no-damage clear, using jiggles is pretty easy. sleep when you're only fighting one character, in other cases, use rollout and wall of pain tactics.

Nemesis Enforcer

Smash Journeyman
I got no damage clear with DK on very easy all star mode. I just used down and b, smash attacks, and threw items. It took a while, but not too long. Capt. Falcon, Y.Link, and Falco gave me the most problems.

Ness at his level is a little hard. Just go to the far left corner and pound. Jump or block when a car comes, repeat. In general, just be carefull that somebody is not on a platform where your pound doesn't hurt them they get a cheap hit on you.

Lastly, can somebody explain Jiggly's wall of pain to me?

Bonesnapper

Smash Cadet
For the item smasher bonus u should put al items off, except for the homerun batt and do 2 player melee with the other player not doing anythingdo 1life and hit him with ur smash attack with a homerunbatt.

SSBMarth

Smash Rookie
Nemesis Enforcer, I am no expert at this game, nor am I an experienced Jigglypuff, however I have seen the WoP strategy used (if you want to see it you can find AOB using it in the vids of him vs. Eduardo on the site below).

www.angelfire.com/alt/aob

As far as I know, it involves wisely using jumps/shortjumps and the back A most of the time. This is done by jumping towards your opponent and back A-ing as you pull away from them (Andy uses it very well a few times in the videos, check them out). Hope this helps. A more detailed description from a really experienced J-puff would be appreciated.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Blah. I need help with consistantly being able to reflect projectiles. Powershielding isn't too much of a problem as long as I can see the attack coming. But with reflecting, I can't seem to find just the right place to bring out the shield. Yes, I've tried practicing in Training mode, but I still can't find the point that the item travels to where it would be reflected. With this technique being used more and more often nowadays with tourney-level players, it's something that I hope to eventually incorperate into my fighting style, but I just can't seem to find where to start :-/

Does anyone have any tips for practicing reflecting projectiles?

Dark Falchion

Smash Cadet
ok, pretend you have an imaginary shield around u, wait till the projectile or attack is right in between u and the tip of your shield.(inside your shield). then click R or L and you should have powershielded.

Dr. Bone

Smash Rookie
Reflecting?

OmniGamer, Im not sure if your referring to powershielding or to reflecting items, by using a cape or some other means. I'll just assume you mean reflecting.
The best way to master this little bonus for your fighting style, practice. Sure it's a vague answer, but it's the best one I can give you. If your not familiar with it already, then it's probably not something you will learn overnight. Throw around some items with your friends in training mode and reflect away. Dont worry though, youll get the hang of it after a little bit of practice. Sorry I couldnt help ya more. :(

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
I was talking about reflecting via shield (L&R). I've worked on it a little, but I still don't get consistant results. I'm just looking for a way to work on this and eventually get to a point where I can be comfortable enough to sit and reflect falco's blaster for instance on the first try.

louis23

Smash Rookie
i need help...connecting the down throw to rest combo with jigglypuff.

everytime i use it against mario(God i hate him!), he'll just directional influence away from me or do that stupid drill kick.

what should i do?

OldSkoolMar831

Smash Apprentice
Well Louis, that's the problem with that combo. It doesn't really work because you can just DI away before Jiggz has a chance to Rest. What you could do is up throw and Rest. This works pretty well against fast-fallers at low percentages, just make sure they're going to die or at least give yourself time to wake up. Other than that just use Rest when you see an opening to do it. You could also do the d-air L-cancel Rest combo, but it only works in certain versions and you have to do it against the right characters at the right percentages so it's not really practical.
EDIT: I just remembered something. If you use down throw when on a breakable surface, such as the blocks in Mushroom Kingdom, or the balloon in Great Bay, It cancels your down throw and keeps the opponent right on top of you, so you can get a free Rest. Lastly, there's another Rest trick that you may or may not know. If you have a Screw Attack, you can jump into them and do Rest in the middle of the spinning attack giving you another free Rest. But be careful using this trick against floaty characters like Luigi because it's harder to pull it off right.

By the way, I have a question for everyone. Where can I find an event match FAQ with advanced tactics to get really good records? I tried searching but didn't find anything.

EDIT: Thank you sevenofcoins and dcx.

sevenofcoins

Smash Journeyman
lethal weapon bonus

Someone posted a question a while back about the Lethal Weapon bonus, and nobody answered.

It's been a while since I got that bonus, but there's a trophy FAQ at GameFAQs that explains it quite well.

As my fuzzy memory recalls, I did it with Mario, against a friend who just stood there. I think I had to hit him with all the standard ground attacks (all the B attacks, smashes, tilts, dash, neutral) and then all five air attacks, and then all four throws.

A couple caveats: you can't ever miss an attack, I'm pretty sure you can't do an attack twice, and if you use something like a drill, you have to hit with EVERY hit.

All in all, a royal pain in the culo.

sevenofcoins

Smash Journeyman
Old Skool

Sorry about the double post, but Old Skool, I don't know of any good FAQs, but at Nismojoe's site he has a whole bunch of videos showing him doing the events, which in my mind is better than an FAQ. Hold on a second, because I don't remember the URL, but I'll come back and edit my post when I find it.

Edit: http://www.fulginiti.com/joey/SSBM.htm

I think the site is down right now though, at least it is for me.

Cloud 55

Smash Rookie
Sastropher, it says that you can upload a pic yourself too (when you have made more than 0 posts). But when I go down to the bottom in "Edit Options", I can't find the box where you can type in the URL. I have more than 0 posts. Can you help?

OldSkoolMar831

Smash Apprentice
Well, like I said in my edit, thank you 7oC and dcx, but I looked at nismojoe's event records and they really aren't anything special. Some are good but a lot of them are just pretty good. Plus he only had vids for some of them. Anyone have any other suggestions for event match FAQs or vids?

Kirby_M@ster

Smash Ace
Good question, Cloud 55, I was thinking the same thing. I think there is anotherobjective you must do before you can upload, but someone please tell us!

I have 3 questions...:
1. How do I beat event #36; "Space Travellers"?
(just strategies, moves, etc.)
2. How do I beat event #50?
(what character, what moves, etc. I have gotten the furtherst with Capt. Falcon.)

Fox 2k3

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Kirby_M@ster
Good question, Cloud 55, I was thinking the same thing. I think there is anotherobjective you must do before you can upload, but someone please tell us!

I have 3 questions...:
1. How do I beat event #36; "Space Travellers"?
(just strategies, moves, etc.)
2. How do I beat event #50?
(what character, what moves, etc. I have gotten the furtherst with Capt. Falcon.)
1. Try to get to the far left building then just use smash attack to eliminate him. (Works more with Fox and Falco's smash attacks)

2. The best character agains the hands is Ganondorf and use his Smash up attack it really takes some damage to those handies...try killing Master Hand first, then go with Crazy Hand.

3. Three questions?!?!??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom