• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Grimer Thread

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Marshigio said:
Smashboards should be represented in Brawl, seeing as how it's the largest Smash community. The best way to do so is to add Grimer.
That would be cool to have this forum have some sort of representation in Brawl, on that note

Grimer FTW!

DokturSea

Smash Lord
fluffy said:
sigh, stick w/ your "random anime chick in brawl" thread.
Hahaha k'burn! Seriously, May? Double Tee Eff.

Yes, Grimer all the way. Maybe he could manipulate his slime for his moves. Like his UpB he could squish down and spring up, making a drill of slime come out of his head or something.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Shadow Calibur said:
We'll be a total laughingstock if Grimer gets in the roster.[/QUOTE]

More like, "We'd be laughing while we 4-stocked any other character in the roster".

fluffy

Smash Champion
dude marshigio, where from jersey r u from?

we should meet at kotc or a local tourney.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
After reading thois thread, all I have to say is screw Poliwhirl, Grimer's now my new 1st choice for Pkemon!

Grimer = Poliwhirl > All Other Pokemon > Pichu

EDIT: I changed my sig to help Grimer's cause :p

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Alright, the next person who brings May into this thread is gonna get heavy neg-repping from me. I'll add a scolding by PM if you're adventurous, too.

Just because Grimer appears in people's avatars doesn't give him enough recognizability. Allow me to muse on recognizability:

This press release from NASA explains how the character of Deoxys was used to teach children about viruses, DNA, outer space, the ozone layer, and extraterrestrials. Was Grimer used as an educational tool?

Lucario has been made into many more toys than Grimer has. Show me a Grimer toy and I might just change my opinion about him.

You say Grimer should appear because he's appeared in almost everyone's avatar. To me, that's bull. Show me a MASSIVE Grimer fanbase outside of SmashBoards and I might change my opinion of him.

Until then, fluffy, the only chance Grimer can get into Brawl is as a Pokeball Pokemon. At least his appearance will satisfy you guys.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
A lot of people here like Grimer, which makes up for him not having any toys because this is the biggest Smash community on the web.

Who cares if Deoxys is educational. I doubt a 3rd grader is going to say something like, "Well, Deoxys is a great pokemon, thanks to him, I know all about DNA, outer space, and the ozone layer."

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
I don't care if he's recognized within SmashBooards. If I don't see a MASSIVE Grimer fanbase outside of this site, then he'll only have a chance as a Pokeball Pokemon.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
:088: :088: Quite charming. :088: :088:

Lucario and Deoxys don't have HUGE sites dedicated to them either, when you say huge, I think 10,000+ members.

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
Ok, think for a minute, when you think pokemon, you think guys like pikachu, jigglypuff, mewtwo, etc. that's why there in.

Lucario and Deoxys are MUCH more well-known that grimer (and muk for that matter) so they should get spots before him.

But the greatest pokemon of all-time who must be in is the one, the only.......(drum roll) Ludicolo!!!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Shadow Calibur said:
I don't care if he's recognized within SmashBooards. If I don't see a MASSIVE Grimer fanbase outside of this site, then he'll only have a chance as a Pokeball Pokemon.
There's a lot of character topic for characters that have no fanbase outside here either.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Shadow Calibur said:
Mrhm... I guess...

Okay, I'll admit he HAS a chance, albeit a small one. I do, however, prefer other fighters over Grimer.
Of course. A person with authority steps in, says one thing, and the debater backs off like a scolded puppy. Why does power, even virtual power, scare people so much.

:088: The best reason for Grimer to be in Brawl is because, well, look at him! He's adorable! He's the cutest ball of polluted slime I know.

kaid

Smash Master
Mic_128 said:
There's a lot of character topic for characters that have no fanbase outside here either.
There's a lot of character topics that have no fanbase on THIS site, either. The Pencil (or was it a ballpoint pen? I forget) for Brawl topic comes to mind.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
RVD_fan said:
Ok, think for a minute, when you think pokemon, you think guys like pikachu, jigglypuff, mewtwo, etc. that's why there in.

Lucario and Deoxys are MUCH more well-known that grimer (and muk for that matter) so they should get spots before him.

But the greatest pokemon of all-time who must be in is the one, the only.......(drum roll) Ludicolo!!!
and Meowth is more recognisable than Lucario and Deoxys

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
and his signature (and only) move is fury swipes. i cant imagine him as a fighter. he would hav boring moves. and he CANT use pay day, the ONLY move he can do is fury swipes. and that would be an A attack.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
FiErCe_oNi said:
and his signature (and only) move is fury swipes. i cant imagine him as a fighter. he would hav boring moves. and he CANT use pay day, the ONLY move he can do is fury swipes. and that would be an A attack.
Play the games idiot he does do pay day his signiture move

Meoth is annoying and far from cool.
But he is recognisable

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
xianfeng said:
Play the games idiot he does do pay day his signiture move
ye u watch the anime, the only reason he is popular. unless you havnt noticed he has never used an attack besides fury swipes, he auctualy said that he cant use pay day himself.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
Meowth, blaziken, dragonite, lucario, hitmon...anything, and many other pokemon have a better chance than grimer of being an actual character. Sure it could work as a pokeball item but to be choosable would be spitting in the face of many pokemon who have a higher fanbase.

Overall, I don't think grimer is a good concept choice except as an item.

fluffy

Smash Champion
BIRDMAN22 said:
Overall, I don't think grimer is a good concept choice except as an item.
o sure yes. lets make Grimer an item. he will be like mr. saturn, just moving around places while ppl pick him up and chucking him over and over again.

NO

Grimer was born to be a character. :088: :088: :088:

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
fluffy said:
o sure yes. lets make Grimer an item. he will be like mr. saturn, just moving around places while ppl pick him up and chucking him over and over again.

NO

Grimer was born to be a character. :088: :088: :088:
Why so synical. They could easily have grimer as an item and have it use sludge attack or something else. At least that gives grimer a better chance of being in the game.

fluffy

Smash Champion
BIRDMAN22 said:
Why so synical. They could easily have grimer as an item and have it use sludge attack or something else. At least that gives grimer a better chance of being in the game.
idk what synical means, but yes ur right. he needs a sludge attack.

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
I dont think Grimer will be in it, I dont think he's that popular and it will be weird playing as a slime thing

xianfeng

Smash Hero
FiErCe_oNi said:
ye u watch the anime, the only reason he is popular. unless you havnt noticed he has never used an attack besides fury swipes, he auctualy said that he cant use pay day himself.
That's the anime it doesn't matter in Brawl he would be based of the Game Meowth, has Pikachu ever used Quick Attack as a jump in the anime? Has Jigglypuff ever used Rest in the anime? oops they havn't that must mean that the can't use them in SSB.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
In the face of peer pressure.

Grimer for a Pokeball. [He could never be a real character.]

He could act as a gloop trap that pins you if you touch it by. Like a Wabuffet, but less annoying and more...trap-like. It'd be a nice and fitting nod to Smashboards. [because yes this site is addictive.]

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Grimer could easily be a character, someone made a B moveset a couple of pages back.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
I do agree that he could be made into a playable character, yet I don't think he would be the best (or first) option in terms of pokemon. I do like the concept of a leg-less character though. :)

fluffy

Smash Champion
they could make Grimer a secret character that can only be unlocked w/ something like the debug mode. thats what they did w/ ditto.

Top Bottom