• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Glitch & Secrets Topic

JRI3102

Smash Apprentice
thanks for catching my tricks/glitches

but i only added them to the list to bring them to other peoples attention. just to increase their knowledge about "easter eggs, tricks, glitches"

thanks again should i create a new topic with pictures to each glitch so people can see it (my old one got closed by MD3 because i double posted) i had the intent of adding more pictures but school got in the way

Judo_Jigglypuff

Smash Cadet
as much as id like to agree with the grazing theory of phantom hits i disagree for two reasons.
One. ive preformed 2 phantom hit rests in tourny. Made noise did damage and character proceded to kill my jiggly. With a hitbox as small as rest it should either hit or not how could it graze.
Two. ive also had a car on onet and mute city hit me dead on and only do damage without knockback. the cars hitting dead on shouldnt be a grazing issue.

i personally feel that phantom hits are random

PsycoBladder

Smash Rookie
Theres also a glitch where if you go to Corneria with pika and Samus , both are humans. Near the middle of the ship, where the fin goes up. If you bomb pika while hes attacking, he'll go through the ship, the entire ship, and appear under it. I just found that out today.

ZeldaFreak0309

Smash Journeyman
This glitch is actually an extention of the Soul Stunner(Bowser attached to Mewtwo).

Perform the Soul Stunner glitch in Training Mode, then put another computer bowser on the screen(or 2). Grab the bowser, attack him, and throw him up. He should freeze in midair, and now you can do whatever attack you want and he'll stay there. Furthermore, you will notice that the combo counter will not reset, so you can keep attacking it and it won't go down. Also, if you have 2 bowsers, you can combo one bowser to 50, go to the other, combo it, come back to the first one, and the combo counter will still be at 50. You can actually rack up 1000+ combo hits this way =D

-ZFreak

Sideem Slingh

Smash Journeyman
Huh, wierd. I got these two right in a row.

First off, I was messing around with a DK level 9 and i had the misfortune to jump right into his charged up B. Somehow, I hit the ground and he hit me right then. The damage occured but I wasn't pushed back. And what's more strange was that it took out the lag after the jump and I immediately attacked.

Second, I switched DK to Ganondorf. I was having fun but I jumped into an up + B and it sent me flying. I came back with a shot (Falco) and when it hit Ganon he teleported back down to where he had up + B'd from instantaneously. It was really wierd.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
MOON JUMP!!!

this another cool thing you can do after you do the 999% stick to the ceiling glitch, do it in the lower part of hyrule temple (make sure you control the character that is stuck to the celing) after waititng a few seconds go to a part where the ceiling ends, usually youd fly up into the abyss and die, but depending on how long you wait, youll fly up and fall back down

its pretty awesome

Sideem Slingh

Smash Journeyman
Im just passing this one on. I can't remember who found it.

I was on smashboards one day and I saw a post about a guy who had 4 peaches (in camera mode?) in kirby's dreamland with super mushrooms on very high. And as he was watching, one of the peaches somehow got stuck between normal and super mushroom size, and didn't go back down to normal. So I tried it and it worked. I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of it.

Acryte

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Nobie
Only thing is that this is pretty much useless in battle unless you're playing time and can stall the crap out of someone.
Or you want to charge up a free shadow ball, ****. but gj on the glitch.hehe.

I have a glitch to report as well, but it was from the first smash brothers and I only saw it once. Though I must say it was the coolest glitch I've ever seen. I was in a 3 Player FFA and fighting a samus and a C.falcon. Basically, I was ness (note that ness, jigg, and falcon were the best in that game) and was as usual, using my PKthunder into myself. one time however, I did the PK thunder into myself and rocketed as normal. It was a straight horizontal launch and heres what happened. I hit and passed through the C.Falcon, hit the samus, and then ricocheted off the samus back at the falcon, continually ricocheting again and again, ridiculously fast. it made the GIANT smash dealies that you see when you perform the Fox's 999 bumper trick for both of them. it was funny because the overlapping smash dealies covered up the entire screen almost. (yes I paused to look at that crap!) I kept richocheting for like 8 seconds until samus and falcon both shot off the screen with RIDICULOUS DAMAGE. 999 on both of them! that was by far the coolest thing I have ever done. anyways, if it helps, they were spaced about 2 char lengths away from each other. Since then I've always prided myself with executing the strongest attack in all of smashdom! around 1800 damage (note they both had around 50-80 damage, don't really know for sure since I wasn't planning on an outcome like that!):crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

The Oler

Smash Rookie
I was Roy against Event 51. I saw a Warp Star, and picked it up. I stood with it in my hand, which was very cool. I threw it, and it hit Giga B. (wow), and then he flew around on it..... Is that a glitch? I think it is..

Mune

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
Mune#719
This may be old, this may have been posted already... but I found it and it was pretty cool. So henceforth, I post. >.>

I shall call this glitch... Bomb-dashing. Lay a bomb down with Link and then apply some force to it as to push it, but not explode it.

How I've done this: The most succesful way I've done this is by edge hogging on FD and then FFing into a jump, then pressing Z to release and lay down the bomb. At the correct moment, either A) Up B it and it should move (if not, try again). Also, bumping it with another bomb has worked too, as well as letting a bomb explode next to it. Have fun (this has no REAL application, but I suppose you could hit someone across the stage... if they're sitting completely still while you do this).

g-regulate

Smash Hero
my little bro put a endless melee match on, his fox vs a lvl 9 computer fox (i think it was controller ports 1 and 2) on jungle japes, (he started on the right side). my bro didnt touch the controller. once the match started, comp jumps, shoots laser, falls in water. once he comes back, moves forward, jumps in water. it was endless, comp killed himself over and over again, had a final 78 self KOs by the time we turned it off. not real interesting, but fun when it happened on accident.

DarkShark

Smash Apprentice
this happend today on the metriod level with kraid in the background, when the level was on its side (left i think) i walked down the steep slope in the middle and airdoged, and fell through the level..
p.s. i was marth

nevake

Smash Rookie
If anyone already said this sorry, but if you grab a redshell with mewtwo and air dodge in any direction, there will appear to be 4 red shells spinning around him with the time he has disappeared, but it doesn't work for teleportation, and for green shells i haven't tried.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
1) pick Fox as your own character and a slow opponent (lv9 but i think it also works when playing against a level 1)

2) select the kongo jungle stage (the one with the rock at the right side of the stage)

3) lure your opponent to the rock at the right side of the level and quickly jump back to the edge of lowest part of the wooden platforms (your opponent has to stay on the rock) and keep shooting (B-neutral) in your opponent's direction

4) it will jump to you and airdodge in the air between the rock and the wooden platform

5) KO!

another one: (this one's not really a glitch i think)

1) pick fox (or falco) in training mode (it doesn't matter who your opponent is)

2) choose a red shell from the item menu to appear in front of you (not more than 1)

3) use reflector so the red shell will keep moving and hitting your reflector

4) after the red shell hit your reflector about 5-6 times, your reflector will BREAK!

5) each time your get hit by the red shell after your reflector broke your recieve an amazing :laugh: amount of damage: about 72% per hit

6) if you want to get 999% of damage, you should try this and repeat it a several times (because the red shell will never KO you)

3rd glitch:

1) pick a random character (doesn't matter who) and pick Ness as your opponent (lv9!)

2) pick the jungle japes stage (the one with Cranky in a house)

3) do nothing

4) Ness will kill himself as he's trying to get to you.

5) another (wonderful :laugh:) KO

but as G-regulator said, it will work with Fox as your opponent too (and maybe with even more characters)

another:

1) pick sheik as your opponent

2) go to kongo jungle (the one with the rock)

3) get sheik to the rock

4) he will sometimes (it doesn't always work) just walk of the rock at the left side and jump back on, and he will keep repeating this until you come near him or hit him with an attack

more:

1) pick fox as your opponent

2) choose hyrule temple

3) get fox to the little platform under the stage (a white-colored platform)

4) get away as quickly as you can

5) fox will come after you but keeps repeating this (this doesn't always work): walk off the platform at the left side, use fire fox to get up the stage (not the platform), walk to the part of the stage under the middle, jump until he hits the ceiling, walk back to the white platform, then he'll fall into the space between the platform and the stage again and comes back with fire fox again, and keaps repeating this forever if you don't hit him with an attack. (if I remembered correctly, it was this what he did, but i'm not sure of it)

Hope you enjoy 'em :lick:

Final Star

Smash Cadet
Feyd said:
WHAT IN THE NAME OF SMACK! I was playing with my friend on corneria. I was Falcon and he was falco. We were battling on the right side of the ship, right next to the fin. He hits me into the wall or something and then something very odd and crazy ******** happens... I'm not entirely sure what the heck happened but I seemed to FALL THROUGH THE SHIP?!?! I was right in the corner and he hit me and I fell right through it. I was tumbling and I couldn't recover...because I was under the actual ship. I guess it was kinda like a one time deal because we play that level all the time but that has NEVER happened before(and I hope it never happens again...). Anyhow I was wondering if anyone has ever had anything similar to this happen? I mean, disjointed hitboxes, shadow-hits, alright I'll buy that but I actually went through a seemingly solid object. I am totally telling the truth here, I'm not making this up. I don't know how but I really did go throught he ship itself...amazingly ********..cost me the match, too...
The Same thing Happened to me twice except I threw Fox Thru that Corner and Aslo I noticed that the game got realty fast and my friends stock lives disappeared.

.Dragon.

Smash Rookie
ok, pick Link and DRMARIO and pick final destination

1. get both character to one side of the field
2. make link jump down and hookshot onto the side of FD
3. Make DR.Mario jump down immediatly after him and CAPE Link when he is still using the chain on the wall.

conclusion: Link will go Flying striaght up into the air. REALLY REaLLY HIGH

Bakaneko

Smash Cadet
I found another game-freezing glitch. It occurs simply if you hit the Crazy Hand in Classic mode as he's first coming onto the battlefield during the cutscene (When you get the Master Hand to half HP). To hit him, all you have to do is attack the Master Hand to get his HP down to half right by where the Crazy Hand will move to during the cutscene. The game doesn't always freeze, however.

I use the earliest version of smash (Forgot what that one was called).

Bakaneko

Smash Cadet
I found a couple of other glitches, that I believe aren't listed in the topic. The first two are both G&W based glitches involving items. The third is a glitch resulting from Mewtwo's soul stunner glitch (The one that causes a character to become frozen with a down throw after Mewtwo has gotten another character stuck to him. Correct me if I'm wrong with the glitch's name).

The first glitch basically makes G&W hold onto an item that he wouldn't normally be able to hold onto, like a metal box, or a warp star. It seems to occur when G&W is hit during a certain frame of animation of him picking up the item, where he is holding the item, but has not yet used it. After he's holding the item, you can throw it like you would any other item, although it won't cause any damage. You can also do the glitch with carriers, like barrels and party balls, to make G&W hold the carrier like a small item. He'll be able to jump and run around unhindered, as he would with a small item. You can also throw the carrier like a small item, and it'll do it's normal damage.

The second glitch causes an item to float in place without moving after being thrown, but still cause damage if touched. It seems to occur if G&W gets hit in a certain frame of his item throwing animation (I reasoned that, since the glitch occurred mainly when I was attempting to throw an item, but being hit with weak attacks repeatedly). If the glitch works, G&W's throw will be interrupted, and the next time you throw the item, it'll float in place. You can grab the floating item as you would a normal item, although I'm unsure what happens if a player other then the G&W who bugged the item grabs it. Also, grabbing the item after you throw it won't fix it, as it'll still float in place when you throw it again. It seemed to occur with items that can be used multiple times (Like fire flowers, ray guns, and home run bats).

The last glitch involves Mewtwo's soul stunner glitch. Essentially, you use Mewtwo's soul stunner on a character at a stage where they can get scrolled off a side of the screen (Rainbow Cruise is good). If the frozen chracter gets scrolled off any side of the screen other then the top, the usual death explosion will result, but the character won't reappear, possibly resulting in a match that will never end. If the chracter is scrolled off the top of the screen, you'll hear the sound the chracter makes when they fly off the top of the screen, but when the stage scrolls back to where they were, they'll still be floating there, although they won't be able to be hit, once again, possibly resulting in a match that can't end (Aside from exiting at the pause screen).

Bakaneko

Smash Cadet
For some reason, I haven't been able to recreate the two G&W glitches I mentioned when I try, yet they happen quite often when I play against computers. Does anyone else have any experiences with these two glitches? I think I'm right about how they happen, but I can't seem to get them to work...

On a side note, I found an entertaining variation of the Kirby frying pan glitch, that gets the pan stuck to his hand. If you play at the Great Bay, or Icicle Mountain, you can make Kirby have a HUGE frying pan stuck to his hand. You basically have to make Kirby giant, whether it be through giant mode, or a super mushroom, then have him teeter on the edge of Tingle's balloon, or one of the larger ice blocks, turn him around and make him break either object with the frying pan he copies from G&W. After you do it, the pan should get stuck to his hand, and if you used a super mushroom, when Kirby returns to normal size, the pan will remain gigantic. It looks really funny to see Kirby carrying a frying pan that's bigger then himself constantly, and if you copy Roy or Marth's ability, it'll look like he's whacking people with the giant frying pan, since his sword will be covered by it.

Bakaneko

Smash Cadet
Still finding more glitches.

I found a highly entertaining one that involves Mr. Saturns.

First, you go to Green Greens in training mode, (Using any two characters of your choice) and then, you need to attack the star blocks and form a shape with the blocks that should look like this (With each + indicating a star block):

+ +
+ +
+ +
+++

Then, you need to get the three computers into the center of that shape (Setting them to attack to get them on the platform by the blocks, then changing them back to stand, then tapping them into the center works well).

After that, jump into the center along with the computers, and fill the center with as many Mr. Saturns as possible.

Lastly, you're going to need to hit the three computers, and every single Mr. Saturn with a single attack simutaneously. If performed right, the attack should hit the computers a WHOLE lot of times, (It makes a funny sound, too) potentially getting their damage percent to nearly 999% with the right attack.

It's fun to mess around with, and experiment using different attacks. For this trick, I'd have to say that Jigglypuff's Rest, and Luuigi's Fire Jump Punch are my favorite moves to use.

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
Check out http://hp742.hp.infoseek.co.jp/smadx/play/movie.html
It's a japanese site, but pretty self-explanatory. There's a lot of glitches (and other stuff), but the most interesting one was undoubtedly 'air-bomb' (http://isweb39.infoseek.co.jp/art/hp742/smadx/play/air-bomb.mpg)
Link just grabs the edge of FD, jumps up extremely high and floats over te entire level releasing a napalm bombing of, well, bombs, on a most unfornate DK. Check it out.

Got no idea though how to perform it.. :confused:

(kudos to NGCXX for the link to the site.. en btw, those five glitches you posted, none of 'em are glitches..? :ohwell:)

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
umm i dunno if this is here or not but...
when shiek... anywhere on the stage, do the up-b, and angle it slighty up-forward but not so forward that you go forwad, but go strait up still...
the crowd will be surpised

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Bakaneko said:
The first glitch basically makes G&W hold onto an item that he wouldn't normally be able to hold onto, like a metal box, or a warp star. It seems to occur when G&W is hit during a certain frame of animation of him picking up the item, where he is holding the item, but has not yet used it. After he's holding the item, you can throw it like you would any other item, although it won't cause any damage. You can also do the glitch with carriers, like barrels and party balls, to make G&W hold the carrier like a small item. He'll be able to jump and run around unhindered, as he would with a small item. You can also throw the carrier like a small item, and it'll do it's normal damage.

The second glitch causes an item to float in place without moving after being thrown, but still cause damage if touched. It seems to occur if G&W gets hit in a certain frame of his item throwing animation (I reasoned that, since the glitch occurred mainly when I was attempting to throw an item, but being hit with weak attacks repeatedly). If the glitch works, G&W's throw will be interrupted, and the next time you throw the item, it'll float in place. You can grab the floating item as you would a normal item, although I'm unsure what happens if a player other then the G&W who bugged the item grabs it. Also, grabbing the item after you throw it won't fix it, as it'll still float in place when you throw it again. It seemed to occur with items that can be used multiple times (Like fire flowers, ray guns, and home run bats).

The last glitch involves Mewtwo's soul stunner glitch. Essentially, you use Mewtwo's soul stunner on a character at a stage where they can get scrolled off a side of the screen (Rainbow Cruise is good). If the frozen chracter gets scrolled off any side of the screen other then the top, the usual death explosion will result, but the character won't reappear, possibly resulting in a match that will never end. If the chracter is scrolled off the top of the screen, you'll hear the sound the chracter makes when they fly off the top of the screen, but when the stage scrolls back to where they were, they'll still be floating there, although they won't be able to be hit, once again, possibly resulting in a match that can't end (Aside from exiting at the pause screen).

The first glitch is already known, there's a vid of it floating around the hub.

The second glitch is inconsistent and can be done with anybody, to our knowledge so far. It happens far more often (seemingly for no reason) with Peach's turnips.

The third glitch can also be done with the IC freeze glitch, but definitely takes a lot longer ^_^; I'm pretty sure it's been known for some time.

Nigzel

Smash Ace
kirbyofnurgle said:
I don't know if this is a glitch, but I was fighting fox (comp lv. 9) and he grabbed a hammer. As he was running towards me I waved under his hammer and low kicked him. He flew back a little and hit the ground. Then he got up really quickly and threw the hammer at me. He was about half way through the whole hammer sequence and he threw the whole thing at me not the hammer head. It flew horrizontally across the stage and only fell slightly before it flew completely off the screen. I dodged it so I don't know if it could have hurt me.

you can trhow the hammer and you will get bonus points for it

"Hammer Throw Threw the Hammer away 1500"

FoxPlaya

Smash Cadet
I;m not sure if its a glitch or a new easter egg (probably easter egg) This is my first post and I thought I should add this. I'm not sure if this is so well known that nobody mentions it or if I'm the first to find it ..ok here it is....Please message me to tell me if it works for you guys or not

When playing a timed match if you go to sudden death you can aqctivate an easter egg.

1. Play a timed match, to go faster make it 1 minute, select Fox as one character and anybody else as the next (my brother would use Link)
2.Dont move and wait for time to run out (you can move but lets just insure suddendeath)
3.During sudden death, both players SHOULD move under cover, such as the 2 platforms in pokestadium.(this is necesary unless you want to die instantly)
4.. As Fox, press the left and right pad buttons continuously as you would if you were calling Fox's terammates
5.After doing this for about 10 seconds or more, fire around 12 laser rounds at your opponent(neither of you should be moving)
6. If done correctly, bombs will begin to appear and fall from the sky, annihalating anybody they touch because it is sudden death. (If it doesnt work you dont have to restart the whole thing, just try pressing the pad buttons back and forth again then fire your lasers again.)

Thanks for listening, please PM me to tell me if this works:)

FoxPlaya

Smash Cadet
( note: I just tried this again with my bro, after firing lasers you may have to wait maybe 5 seconds)

FoxPlaya

Smash Cadet
(Note:Sorry to post 3 times in a row but i just treied it again and i had to wait about 10 secondsns)

Bakaneko

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know how to make an item just float in one place after you throw it, and not go anywhere, but still do damage?

I noticed it happens a lot if you play a four player match with only Mr. Game and Watch, and with multiple kinds of battering items. If you play for a while, the glitch should eventually happen to one of the items. This is in version 1.0, though.

I've also seen Mr. Game and Watch get his Fire Attack torch stuck to his hand, but I'm not really sure how that happened, either.

FoxPlaya

Smash Cadet
Hey Baka, can u please try my "glitch, i know this is off topic but I'd like to know if its accurate

JRI3102

Smash Apprentice
Foxplaya all you have to do is stand there after about 30 seconds bombs will fall from the sky automatically (if you play a timed match (one minute) and 99 stock and dont attack anyone when the one minute is up you will play a 99 stock match with raining bombs if you do the IC freeze Glitch then you can make a target above you that protects you from any of the falling bombs (if you are FD) also if you are fast enough you can jump up and grab one of the exploding bombs (and throw it) before they blow up. and after 99 stock is up no one will be registered for any of the kills.

check out my post for other tricks.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=50079

GoVonzell

Smash Apprentice
I'm not telling you people where I live! Come on n
I'm not sure if this is here already but here goes.

Choose any character. Play against Roy at level 9 difficulty in the Jungle Japes level. Make him fall once. Immediately head to the far right ledge, and stay there. Roy will reappear, and then jump down into the hole between the two platforms. When he returns, he'll pull the same move over again.

DOGMA

Banned via Administration
will people please stop posting the Daisy Trophy glitch?

I find it incredibly stupid and useless.

wow, a third eye

Top Bottom