• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Glitch & Secrets Topic

Bakaneko

Smash Cadet
Things seem to get frozen in midair if Nana does an upwards throw with the freezing glitch.

Tipo mastr

Smash Lord
telling people that my name is pronouced "Typ
Ah. Anyway, I found a new one involving the link super jump. I have a list of them all, yes I know that some of them are already seen, and the names are somewhat cheesy.

Super jump: The original thing. Look into the early pages to learn how to do it.

Spin dance: press up B right as the boomerang hits you, and you should use a spin attack, while still hooked on the stage. You can use the control stick to move, but you don't fall until after the spin attack ends. NOTE: After this spin attack you will fall. You can perform another action, including another spin attack.

Hook dance: Before the boomerang hits you, tap up and down repeatedly until it hits you. Then you will do the spin dance, but without the spin. So basically you are jumping around in midair, while hooked to the stage. It lasts about as long as a spin attack. You can perform any action during this period, including a spin attack. You can also perform another action when you fall off.

Double spin attack: Before the boomerang hits you, hold up on the control stick, and when the boomerang hits you, press B twice. You will use two spin attacks.

Super-hop: when you hook onto the stage, hook onto the little ledge sticking out. When you super jump, you will go a couple feet off the ground, then hit it again.

(Super jump and spin dance are already recorded, but I put them in anyway)

Kozzymoto

Smash Apprentice
roll dodge glitch at mute city

i was at mute city fighting vidjos cf(i think) as falco. im not sure what happened right at the tunnel part of mute city but i somehow roll dodged right through the left wall of the tunnel(it wasnt moving)

im not really sure how that happened so um anyone got some ideas why that happened. the only reason i could think of was that i think i roll teched right into the left wall and went a bit through it and was able to roll dodge through it however i also think that it was one of the roll techs with lots of momentum and went alot further than a normal roll tech

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Invisible wall at Venom

One I got tippered while fighting Marth in Venom at like 80% or something, so I flew off the screen at a really high speed, but instead of dieing, I flew right back as if I hit a wall! It MIGHT have been an Airwing, butwe paused the game and nothing was there, and we didn't see anything either.
To help replicate it, he are the details. I was Puff, my brother was Marth. We were in Venom and the Great Fox was flying under somecave thing(I haven't played many Starfox games) when I got tippered. Also, we were on the upper right wing.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
that's not a glitch. there is a certain part of the tunnel you pass through where you can't die because the cave walls bounce you back.

Tipo mastr

Smash Lord
*cough*doublepost*cough*

Okay, here's some more glitches.

Go to final destination with 2 bowsers. Have one use the dthrow. If you look at the Bowser struggling on the ground, you can see his tail poking out the bottom through the grating.

Have peach throw a turnip at someone. As it falls down, it will go through FD. You can see it falling through the grating.

Go to FD with luigi and ganon. Stand at one end of the stage. Have luigi @ about 70%. Have Ganon use the neutral attack on the ground. Have Luigi immediatly tech it. He will roll all the way across FD!

Edit: Luigi must crouch cancel this attack, then immediatly roll tech. It takes impecceball timing, try it in 1/4 speed.

KLSmash

Smash Ace
Secret Turnip Hole Glitch

Make one yourself Peach and the other who ever you want. Let Peach stand near the right side of the screen and the other character at the bottom-most ledge. If Peach throws a turnip left into the wall, it goes down and hits the other person.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
ok like everyone else, i havent read this whole thing but i have read alot of it, anyways this glitch is pretty coo and useful

Sheiks Double Teleport

ok, as sheik, run to an edge, once you get to the edge of the level use teleport off the ledge, if you do it right, sheik will fall of the edge with a teleport, then teleport in any directon you chose, the first teleport does 8-12 damage, and the second one does 12 (i tried it 14 times and got 12 damage so if anybody gets anythign different please feel free to correct me) this is an incredible technique for mindgames and you can do double damage with the teleport attack, also it can help with edge gaurding, it pops them up i the air which can be combo'd into a fair, again i havent read the whole thread so i apologize if this has alread been posted

woomeleerules

Smash Cadet
heres a complicated 1:
get ness. g+w. roy,marth all human
get ness do three pka flashes in2 g+wes bucket
now go inbetween roy and marth
make g+w throw wats inside the bucket at roy or marth (doesnt matter)
now with roy or marth (wichever 1 u threw it 2) do thier counter move
and right away do the other roy or marths counter
this should happen=
mr g+w should double the pka flash
then roy or marth should double it
then marth and roy should double
in the end u should have a great deal of damage
takes time and practice
(not realy a glitch though)

Adam es maximus

Smash Journeyman
there's one i know about but i don't know how to do it, while in a team match while a person dies one of the players i don't know witch one or both of them presses start or something and the dieing player gets a life from the other player. I know this works because my friends have done it in front of me, i'll ask them how they did it next time i see em.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
In a team match, with stock. One person loses all their lives, if their teammate has more than one, they can steal a life by pressing start.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
And it's applied very often in Team Tourneys.

While I'm here: If you're somehow invincible on Brinstar and the acid is out (the one that hits you and damages you if you fall into it), you'll fall straight to it and to your death.

Tipo mastr

Smash Lord
Hmm... I'm not so sure that's a glitch... After all, the only thing that keeps you from dieing is the acid. Oh and in real life, wouldn't the acid dissolve you instead of launching you in the air? But then again, since when has this game followed reality? ;)

Captain Falcon's no ping hit

If you get a no ping hit with falcon and only tap the smash, the sandbag goes nowhere. That breaks the law that no ping hits always hit farther than a tipper. (EDIT: except at around 120% and up EDIT2: and DK's.) I'm not sure how much damage it does, though. I'll test it after school today.

xflash

Smash Rookie
heres a pretty funny trick i discoverd a few mins ago

first do the one Pixel glitch (you know the one where you use kirby with the yoshi cap and press B to swallow a char and make him break out of the egg as fast as possible to shrink them) then have the one pixel char pick up a bomb-omb and it will look you're playing as a bomb-omb really funny acctualy but i haven't trid it with any other items yet but i bet it works

XxmachinexX

Smash Rookie
I was playing one time and i picked up a super scope, but it never ran out of ammo. I shot it waaaaay more than it should have and it never ran out. Not even if i did charged shots.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Bent Trajectories.

This seems to happen more often with Roy's Counter and Jiggly Puff's rest. Some times when you use these moves. The opponent flies out at a 30 degree angle, but then in mid air curves and fies out straight. Strange.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
we usually call that the invisible ceiling, im not sure how it works, but its happened much too often in the game for it to be a glitch. I know there is a certain attack that always does it but i forget what it is at the moment. someone should do tests. I will try when i remember what move it is.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
CCing doesn't make you sudenly change directions at that angle.

Marth and Roy's counter is the most conistant example.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
CC and DI only affect your immediate angle, yes. And I've never ever seen that happen in conjunction with Jigglypuff's rest.

Here's a trick: Grab a motion sensor bomb. Roll towards the ledge so you're standing so that if you throw any items down, they will go through the stage (yes, THROUGH the stage), but they won't hit anything or anyone (so it's useless).

Walk slightly forward instead and then dthrow the motion sensor bomb. It will now latch onto the side of the stage (unless there isn't anything to latch onto like, I don't know, maybe Battlefield. I haven't tested this on all stages).

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
FallenAngelII said:
CC and DI only affect your immediate angle, yes. And I've never ever seen that happen in conjunction with Jigglypuff's rest..
Watch Puffstuff, it's at 2:57. Jiggy rests what seems to be a fox and a falco at the same time. The falco(Or maybe it was the fox) flew out to the right (the stage was mushroom kingdom 2 i think) and died, while the fox flew to the right at liek a 45 degree angle up, but then it looked like he hit an invisible celing and flew downwards at about 10 degrees or so.

Bakaneko

Smash Cadet
I recently managed to get Game and Watch's Fire Attack torch stuck to his hand. It just kind of happened when I got hit while I was trying to hit someone with the torch at Corneria. Maybe it occurs if he gets hit in a precise frame of the attack?

FFfreak

Smash Rookie
Um, not good wiv names, but u no that stage where u unlock luigi, well i was playing there with a computer controlled fox, and after u kill him once, if u go and stand on the far left of the stage, fox will reappear in the center of the stage, jump left, fall down the gap, try and recover, but fail miserably... useful for stock matches, and it works over and over again

Dr.Peabody

Smash Journeyman
>:p

idk if this has been found or not before, but i found a way to make shiek keep her needles VISABLY in her hand, and actualy keep them out while doing other moves... first jump and start gathering neddles, right as u r hitting the ground press shield to cancel gathering, and then A so u grab as soon as u hit the ground... this is a bit tricky, and at first i couldnt get the timing, but now i can do it 1/5 of the time lol... i first found this playing agaisnt comps, and i was like OMG WTF THATS COOL!!! :psycho: it doesnt have any efect on the attacks, just looks cool, kinda like Wolverine ;-)

linksbanana

Smash Rookie
ok this is sort-of a glitch with samus press a&R wils purssing on the +up down up down. ur grabb should be longer

Tipo mastr

Smash Lord
^old news, sorry.

Here's one: The IC freeze glitch actually has nothing to do with popo's hammer squall hitting the sandbag. The easiest way to test this is to flick the control stick to the right, then the left, then press Z, and immediatly use hammer squall. If you do it right and nana throws the bag up immediatly, and it should freeze without Popo's hammer hitting it.

Dash Blaster

Smash Apprentice
Heres one: (You have to be link)

On Brinstar if you go to the top platform and have someone jump at you from the left platform, jump, hit em with a dair, and if you stay like that and hit them, then the little black spot on the left platform, it should make the noise of hitting someone, but noone will be there!

Dash Blaster

Smash Apprentice
Here's another one: (You have to be link again)

On Venom, if you go on the right wing, about a Mario's height away from the tip, shoot a fully charged arrow. If you pause right after he fires it, he won't have a leg (in that frame) and his boot will just come out of his tunic!

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
OMG, OMG!

I was playing peach one day with my friend, and I tried to forward smash him off the stage. After he was off, he was about to use his recovery to get back on, so I tried to forward smash him again, but instead of a frying pan that hit him, IT WAS A GOLF CLUB! I was so confused. Please tell me what happun?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Her FSmash varies from Frying pan, Golf club and Tennis raquet.

Afrotaki

Gay skies today.
BRoomer
OMG, OMG!

I was playin' as fox against Mario and I got knocked off and I was about to recover when he did something yellow and I got TURNED AROUND. I was so confused. Please tell me what happun?

Douche.

Best101

Smash Ace
I don't know if these glitches haven't been posted yet, but I got two.

1)This glitch may freeze the game. Use at your own risk. First go to training mode and pick any character u like. Go to the Green Greens stage. u know the blocks that be falling on both sides of the board? Get in the middle break all the blocks in the middle until u r down to last one. Now select as many red shells as u can. Then jump. Your game should freeze, if not then the red shells will freeze.

2)This is the glitch with Samus. Choose any mode and pick samus as your character. Continuously press z first and then press up and down on the d-pad. If u did it right then the next time you grab samus' grapple will be twice as long, and when u hold L then the grapple hook will home in on people. The downfall to this is that it doesn't grab people.

If u don't beleive me try them yourselves.

Top Bottom