• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Glitch & Secrets Topic

CosmicSlice

Smash Apprentice
IC glitch

Roll to the side of the enemy, holding Z halfway between the roll. Nana should grab the enemy. Now press Smash-B with Popo and in 1/13 chances (i think thats right) the enemy will be frozen.

Blackultra

Smash Rookie
Originally posted by CosmicSlice
phantom hits are only good given the right time and super luck. like my cousin was finishing a strat with yoshi, accidently did a BT-up, but it was a phantom, so he swing and got a new record =)
on the other hand, getting phantom swings at good percents is NOT good.
the worst idea ever : phantom peach bomb throw in HRC O_O
No mean to sound n00bish or anything... but.... wat is with the "phantom hits" O_o
Im no noob at SSBM but i just recently got a comp and ive only recently been able to go on internet so i dont know very many technical term type things.

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
^^^ aha! I remember seeing the pic!

Also, I have NEVER fallen through a stage before. I bought SSBM when it first came out and it never happened to me. Mr. Game & Watch is really quirky when it comes to glitches... which also brings up another problem: I have never seen him pick up an item that isnt supposed to be thrown in my game before either.

Hmmm... Is there a surefire way that you can make these glitches occur or dont you people clean your disks.:p

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Blackultra
WELL??!!!??
wats it about ? Idont getit...:(
*Sigh* This is going to be my absolute last post on this topic for awhille because this is getting spammy...-_-;

That pic up there is a glitch... Mr. Game & Watch sometimes picks up items that arent supposed to stay in his hand like a Warpstar. Because of this glitch G&W can throw the stuck item in his hands or else it just stays there in his hands. That item glitch ONLY works for him and not anyone else.

I hope that clears that up!

;)

Edit: Post 30! :cool: :beezo:

Blackultra

Smash Rookie
Originally posted by Ms. Pac-Master
*Sigh* This is going to be my absolute last post on this topic for awhille because this is getting spammy...-_-;

That pic up there is a glitch... Mr. Game & Watch sometimes picks up items that arent supposed to stay in his hand like a Warpstar. Because of this glitch G&W can throw the stuck item in his hands or else it just stays there in his hands. That item glitch ONLY works for him and not anyone else.

I hope that clears that up!

;)

Edit: Post 30! :cool: :beezo:
w/e it still doesnt make sense to me but thats ok i guess

Great Dabisu

Smash Cadet
He said that Mr. Game & Watch can pick up items like heart and warpstar and carry them around and throw them. If you ever played the game you would know that once you pick those up they are activated right away.

I think the only way to do it is being hit by something the exact moment you pick it up. Kind of like the way Hammer cancels work.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
This topic is getting spammy. This is for posting glitches you discover. Well the falling through stage didn't work for me and I tried the Mr. G&W one and it didn't work.

CosmicSlice

Smash Apprentice
Phantom hits are when the move does about half the damage, no animation, and makes no knockback at all. go into japanese mode as Ganondorf in HRC, do a full jump and press B in your jump, and sandbag will take 15% with no shadow effect.

Blackultra

Smash Rookie
Originally posted by CosmicSlice
Phantom hits are when the move does about half the damage, no animation, and makes no knockback at all. go into japanese mode

I know that tnow because t3hdan told me lol

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
The spam is hurting my head. Here is a glitch that I don't remember if it was mentioned. Use C. Falcon with another on training mode. Go to Hyrule temple under a roof. Make the computer a human and 999% damage. Use the regular one to use the forward B. If the comp lies down on the ground successfully do it again. He will be stuck on the roof but can move around. If you go off he will fly straight off and die. I think it's because of the amount of damage. If Jiggly breaks her shield and hit's the roof she will spin around on the roof for a few seconds then fall. I think it has something to do with the shield self destruct.

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Ms. Pac-Master
^^^ aha! I remember seeing the pic!

Also, I have NEVER fallen through a stage before. I bought SSBM when it first came out and it never happened to me. Mr. Game & Watch is really quirky when it comes to glitches... which also brings up another problem: I have never seen him pick up an item that isnt supposed to be thrown in my game before either.

Hmmm... Is there a surefire way that you can make these glitches occur or dont you people clean your disks.:p
Errr... ignore my last post where it says that I wont be posting for a long time...:o

I thought that I could bring this up again because those questions got lost under all that spam. I also have another question: Does the G&W glitch only work when he is a CPU player?:qblock: Is there still a way to fall through the stage?

I swear, if these questions gets buried under spam again I will have to do something drastic...:grrr:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
The Game & Watch glitch can work for both human and CPU. I'm not sure how the fall through stage thing works but it may happen at random times.

jotun

Smash Ace
something weird happened the other day.. not sure if it's known or not, and i'm not sure why it happened

i was Doc, friend was shiek, level was the mushroom kingdom with all the breakable item blocks

shiek was hanging on the edge of the right pit closest to center, and used A to get back onto the stage (under 100% dmg). I used my cape, and he warped over to the other side, as if he had just gotten out of the left pit

Great Dabisu

Smash Cadet
I think that proves that it is possible to warp Shiek with a cape. I read somewhere that if you cape Sheik or Mewtwo while they do their Up B they go to the other end of the stage. This sounds cool, I never did it.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
no, you can't flip teleport moves with the cape. it just seems like it against computers because they automatically move away from the attack.

however, that teleport trick the other guy mentioned (warping shiek from one edge to the other) is actually fairly well known. you have to hit them with the cape right as they start the move. i won a tourney match against a peach with that glitch on a complete random accident...

SilvenswordsmanX

Smash Ace
THIS IS THE BEST GLITCH EVER!!!

I found this out just about a minute ago...

Keep your gamecube on for about 7 days and it will explode. WOOHOO, THE JOY,THE TEARS, THE HORROR!!!!

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i thought it was too... guess it's a (how ironic) glitch. oh, don't put your sig into one liners, it's obnoxious.

Great Dabisu

Smash Cadet
EDIT For accidental double post:

Some how it posted the same message twice, and now I will get warned for double posting. And I can't delete this message. What is going on? So I edited this but it is still a double post.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Um... yeah, this topic has pretty much disappeared. But I think I've discovered a fairly new glitch. While not really affecting a match too much and only happening at certain times, it's a glitch nonetheless.

At Dream Land 64, be either Marth or Roy, I've seen it with either. I'm not sure if it works with too many other characters, but those are the only ones I've seen it with so far. When Wispy starts blowing, just stand and repeatedly use your uptilt. At the very end when Wispy starts closing his mouth, there's a certain timeframe that completely messes the uptilt up, making it slow down and just fall limply at Marth/Roy's side. It looks pretty funny, and can be done multiple times (only at that specific time). It seems to work best for me at the beginning of the match though. Though probably irrelevent, the disk was a version 00 (possibly 01... I'm pretty sure it's 00 though). Enjoy.

Edit: After some testing, I've found out that this doesn't work in version 02.

SilvenswordsmanX

Smash Ace
Maybe thats not a glitch. Ganondorf has some startup lag on that move when he does it on the ground so if you hit him and he ended up on the ground he probably never left the ground in the first place.

Supernova

Smash Ace
could anyone explain why fox's reflector just fails for no apparent reason at rare times? it's happened to me twice in the last week. once against a green shell, and just today, against a star rod. both times i did NOT let go of B. does this happen with falco as well i'm assuming? why does this happen, more importantly?

Shadows

Smash Journeyman
Their both unreflectable.

Heres an Additional way to freeze the game.

Go into Cornaria as any character, but make sure they are able to reach the lasers in the front of the ship.

Head over to the lasers and stand somewhere in the middle. It has to be a spot so when you make the massive amount of bombs, they all fall to the right and just stay there...

If you did it right, hit the bombs, the game freezes.

RockCrock

Smash Champion
Ok I was mesing around with Game and Watch against a lvl 9 Y. Link comp on FD.

I had a capsule in my hand, and Y. Link was chasing me. So, I ran, and jumped off FD on the left side. Mid-aired back up then attempted to throw the capsule at Y. Link. My finger slipped, and instead of hitting right on the C-Stick, I hit up, causing the capsule to be thrown up-wards.

Now this it where it gets wierd....

Down falls a Warp Star. I up+B, but I was too far down, and begin to fall to my death. As I lose hope of returning I notice the Warp Star next to me, I hit Z to grab it (After I used my Up+B) So, G&W grabs it and flys on over to the right, back on stage. It hits Y. Link and he flies off, I dont think he died.

Anyway, I die eventually, and the Y. Link walks to the left of the level. When he gets the the edge on the left side, he begins to shield. At this point I was still not on the field yet, I was on the hovering platform. Well, he holds his shield long enough so that it breaks. As usuall he flies upward, then falls down to his death (Since he was on the very edge, when he came back down, he just slipped off the side, and fell o his death.)

Well, from what I can tell, The Y. Link shielded as if protecting himself from a Warp star that would be landing there. I guess that is because I grabbed it when I should'nt have been able to(after my Up+B).

It was funny, to watch the comp walk to the edge, then helplessly tumble to his death.

Can somone clarify what happened?

And then there was a graphical glitch I witnessed on Poke-Floats.

It was at the point of where all the un-knows begin to fly around. Well, a bomb falls out of the sky, and lands on a Unknown. At that point the Unknown was on the left side of the screen, Unable to be seen. When it came into view, the Bomb-omb was walking up-side down. It's little feet things were fcaing up, and its fuse was facing down. An up-side down Bomb-omb! I paused it to make sure I wasnt seeing things. Sure enough, it was walking while up-side down...

My guess is that it walking around off screen caused it to glitch... WHen else does a Bomb-omb begin to walk off screen, then return to view?

Allanon

Smash Rookie
Hmm...

Umm... you can definetly grab items out of the air after you have performed your up+B move. I do it all the time....on all versions of smash. :) Don't think that part is a glitch.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
And I've seen computers shield themselves to death before too. But it always seems to be Y. Link though... hmm... I've seen it at FD and Corneria, so it's not stage specific.

Top Bottom