• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Gamebox Screenshots (Back of box included!!)

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
http://www.uploda.org/uporg1221193.jpg

http://www.uploda.org/uporg1221181.jpg -sideways

Source: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=41036580

The poster says they were found on 2chan. =D

EDIT: Didn't that one leaker who posted the roster picture and videos also post a picture of the back of the box? Somebody should bring that in here to compare. We may have found out if the leaker is truly a fraud and thus can put the order of characters theory on hold for awhile until release!! xD

Card

Smash Lord
Hmmm...

Well if this is indeed real... if Sonic and Snake are shown on the back of the box, I think that officially confirms that there will be no additional 3rd party characters apart from those two. It just seems to me that any other 3rd party character would also be publicized as much as Sonic and Snake.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm...

Well if this is indeed real... if Sonic and Snake are shown on the back of the box, I think that officially confirms that there will be no additional 3rd party characters apart from those two. It just seems to me that any other 3rd party character would also be publicized as much as Sonic and Snake.
Lol that may be true, unless they want the 3rd third party to be like a surprise character nobody would expect. =P

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yeah. This does decrease the blue bomber's chances just a little bit I'd think. :(

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
on the other hand... a Zoomed-In Scan of the Copyright Text at the bottom left hand corner would answer ALL questions pertaining to 3rd parties in Brawl...
Indeed it would. Hope this 2ch. leaker thinks the same thing as us and checks that out. =P

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
^ That would be sweet. It's from 2Chan? Maybe someone asked him to do that?

Also, I know if I had the boxart, I'd take it out of the sleeve first.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yes! Someone translate and magnify the copyright info right now. See if Capcom and Square Enix are listed. =D

:034:

Smash Hero
I think it's fake. It says 'Sora' on there, as in 'Sora LTD.', as in Sakurai's company. But Sora isn't making this game, Game Arts is (according to Iwata Asks).

Card

Smash Lord
I think it's fake. It says 'Sora' on there, as in 'Sora LTD.', as in Sakurai's company. But Sora isn't making this game, Game Arts is (according to Iwata Asks).
No.. you misunderstood.

Sora LTD made the game, but their Staff consists of many artists from Game Arts. It's a common thing to do in the industry. Whenever companies have no need for employees due to whatever circumstance, but do not want to lose the employee, they simply outsource them.

Here is the direct quote;
Sakurai
Right. Then, just when we were looking for some help, we secured some staff from another video game developer.

Iwata
We were introduced to this company by Miyamoto-san. You can share the name if you like.

Sakurai
Oh, okay. It was Game Arts.
So yes... Sora IS making this game. Thus making your entire accusation completely invalid.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
I have yet to see this box, even in promotional use at stores. But it looks legit. As for seeing the copyright, no way Jose! Theres no way we can get that off the pick.

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
Haha and people say I'VE got good eyesight?! That's pretty awesome, I do hope it's real. Somebody has to have it by now, seriously x.x. It's good to know we'll be getting information pretty soon! Here's hoping we get a large shot soon!

-- Andy

Ithilgore

Smash Apprentice
Still find it odd that the box art has so few character shown on it. obviously I don't want them crammed in, but having the starting roster shown on it like SSB/Melee would be better i think. Simply because it looks almost outdated, we've had a lot more characters revealed since we first saw it in the summer, so it's odd that they haven't updated to a newer one showing the likes of Bowser/Zelda/Dedede/Yoshi/DK/Diddy etc..

:034:

Smash Hero
No.. you misunderstood.

Sora LTD made the game, but their Staff consists of many artists from Game Arts. It's a common thing to do in the industry. Whenever companies have no need for employees due to whatever circumstance, but do not want to lose the employee, they simply outsource them.

Here is the direct quote;

So yes... Sora IS making this game. Thus making your entire accusation completely invalid.
Ah, alright. I misunderstood.

Urser

Smash Apprentice
Someone on IGN made an interesting point...

Since Snake has a picture of his stage next to him... Sonic should too, right?

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I see some 'blocky'-textured walls, a blue sky, mountains and some water in that screenshot. Similar to Greenhill Zone!

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for zooming in haha it's not the easiest of things to find. I do indeed notice the colour scheme, I sure hope that's the stage. Sounds good to me! Now all we need is an Eggman boss, either floating around the stage, or as a Subspace boss. That would be my Sonic fill ^_^ no more, no less.

-- Andy

gamer8

Smash Lord
http://www.uploda.org/uporg1221193.jpg

http://www.uploda.org/uporg1221181.jpg -sideways

Source: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=41036580

The poster says they were found on 2chan. =D

EDIT: Didn't that one leaker who posted the roster picture and videos also post a picture of the back of the box? Somebody should bring that in here to compare. We may have found out if the leaker is truly a fraud and thus can put the order of characters theory on hold for awhile until release!! xD
Broken Links FTL.

BananaX

Smash Apprentice
Yep. Looks real to me. Also, Sairou, you should look into that other Back Cover art and compare the two for possible roster debunking.

CubPwnzAll

Smash Rookie
on the other hand... a Zoomed-In Scan of the Copyright Text at the bottom left hand corner would answer ALL questions pertaining to 3rd parties in Brawl...
Actually, wouldn't that just show the material on the box's copyright info? Only the in-game copyright info would show us what you're saying, I think...
So I still have faith theres at least one more 3rd party.

Top Bottom