• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official G&W Stage Discussion Index! - PS 1 complete Pictochat and DP in progress!

revengeska

Smash Apprentice
Oh. I'm sure you can.
But for #2 couldn't they just go to the top part of the diagonal to avoid not getting hit?

Also, I'll try out #1.
I'm sure you can reach it with up-b and nairing as usual, though I suppose they could keep jumping to avoid it if they were smart enough to do so.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Hrm...
I guess so?
The first time I tried Pictochat in tourney was in dubs not too long ago. I mean, I was up against a Diddy Kong teaming with a Diddy Kong. Lol. And he wanted that stage. So I guess bananas flying everywhere wasn't exactly all that enjoyable. Maybe it's just personal preference?
Or maybe there are just better stages out there for GnW instead of Pictochat.
Some people here like Frigate, but I really don't like that stage. :( So I guess I have bad taste really.
I guess the top four for me would be Green Greens, Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, and Delfino. I never liked Halberd, either. :urg: I'm so bland.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Pictochat is weird... It seems to help campy characters but the transformations hinder them a little, though at the same time, many campy characters have mediocre recoveries, and the stage helps them with that, and hurts the gimp game of G&W... Since the side blast zones are so close to the stage borders, it's dangerous to fight characters with killing throws here, like DK, Olimar, Ness, Luigi... and the upper blast zone is a little higher than the average (is like FD), so it doesn't help G&W either

The only good thing about this stage are the hazards which help G&W more than hurts. Even so, I don't know which kind of characters should G&W counterpick here (considering RC and all the other good stages for G&W banned)...Maybe this stage could work against Marth and maybe... MK. I'd ban this stage against Luigi, Olimar, Ness, Wolf, Ike and maybe DK and Ganondorf too (lol)

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful

Okay. So PictoChat...
I'm playing around on it and I talked to some people.

Positive Things:
If you DI correctly and Bucket Break you can live longer against certain characters. (Except those characters that kill you off to the side.)
Certain parts of the stage makes GnW turtle better. How? There are a lot of angles and weird parts that makes the person have to take turtle.
Example, the rolling cart part. I mean, if they jump they're going to get hit by the cart! So therefore, they have no where to go! Hit him with turtle! Same with other parts of the stages. Boxed in. And whale. If they are on top of the whale and you're inside you can nair them. Or if they are on the sides you can bair them.
Wind stage flinging Smashers.
Dtilt on the angles.

Negative Things:
Ceiling is way too high.
Characters that will take you there will most definitely be able to kill you on the sides.
Generally the stage can also help other characters as well and can better them more than GnW.
GnW is light. So killing to the side won't be that hard, either.
Generally it's too big for me.
The diagonal you can nair, but if they are on the top end of it upb to nair isn't going to work.

Overall, I say the stage is 6/10 GnW. He has better Counterpicks. No reason to really CP here. It's good to know the stage just in case you may get CP here.
GnW just generally adapts well.

Edit:
---------------------------
I just realized how out of date this thread is. It really needs some work.

revengeska

Smash Apprentice
I do agree with your assessment Today, I'd rather CP Rainbow Cruise, etc most of the time. However if RC was banned by my opponent I might consider CPing PictoChat if I felt like I probably had a better understanding of the stage. Where I'm at, Green Greens is banned so it would be between Brinstar or PictoChat, which might depend on the character I'm playing against. I'd pick it over Delfino though probably, I don't think Delfino has any better advantage and if I lost the previous game I might feel like I could use the extra luck.

I'd potentially bump it up to a 7/10 though if I find more on the stage in G&W's favor.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Brinstar would be a good choice depending on whom you're fighting. But the only characters you may have to worrk on Brinstar are MK, and Earthbounds. I don't know why Brinstar is rated 4/10 here, though. XP This thing really needs to be updated. And yeah, Green Greens isn't legal here it's just legal at MLG.
I mean, if you feel comfortable for it go right ahead! But other characters do a lot better on it and it'll be hard for you. You can adapt to it, but you're still at a disadvantage.

Delfino just requires practice on the stage to know how it is but once you do it's a pretty good stage. I really like it as kind of a "neutral" stage when needed.

Top Bottom