• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Everything - *Updated* - Read This!

CORY

wut
BRoomer
chard, look at the date. 11/23...

11/23

over a month ago. why flame an obvious idiot for a post he made over a month ago? why flame an obvious idiot, anyway? why flame at all?

pre-warning warning, don't flame people.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Sorry those people just make me so pissed off. I thought flaming might be justified, but never mind. I HAVE FURY!

edit: I can't figure out why he would bother to register and than make three posts that are exactly the same in three different threads at practically the same time, then never post again.

Spinjump

Smash Apprentice
question:

Why is the controller mod guide even listed? Doesn't it just tell one how to modify a controller in a way that is banned by nearly every tournament? In other words, wouldn't it be better if less people knew how to cheat in tournies?

Lu'

Smash Cadet
hey cory remember me! luigimaster and muonic and greenreeper and the rest

actually, i don't remember you. next time you come back, make sure i'm online before you go on a spamming spree so i'll see you and then you can hope i'll remember...

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
MyKo, you're well on your way to getting banned...stop while you still have a chance of staying.

Tipo mastr

Smash Lord
telling people that my name is pronouced "Typ
I personally think that "outdated" guides shouldn't be deleted. Even if they don't utilize "modern" tactics they can still be good. For instance I don't ever wavedash, and rarely L-cancel, and yet, I seem confident in my abilities. Those guides were meant for people like me. If someone thinks wavedashing is a complete waste of time they shouldn't be using a guide that relies on wave dashing.

I think that there should be a separate guide for wave dashing, beacause although it is in my opinion useless, it is a revolutionary theory.

Banks

Smash Hero
Here is a solution

make an Outdated Guides section and shove em all there.....eazy peazy lemon squeezy

Razorstar

Smash Rookie
Are their custom titles?

And you know the title should be "Smash Newbie"

A Noob is someone who purposely tries to make trouble and talks like this:

OMG!!OMG!THISSITEROCKKEXXSSS!!!!!!!YOUSALLSUCKTHOU!!!!1111ELEVEN1111ELEVEN!!!

That's a Noob. I would suggest that the site change that certain title.

MarthAlan

Smash Rookie
Uh huh.

Razorstar said:
Are their custom titles?

And you know the title should be "Smash Newbie"

A Noob is someone who purposely tries to make trouble and talks like this:

OMG!!OMG!THISSITEROCKKEXXSSS!!!!!!!YOUSALLSUCKTHOU!!!!1111ELEVEN1111ELEVEN!!!

That's a Noob. I would suggest that the site change that certain title.
You are absolutely right.

NovaWave

Smash Journeyman
Bah. That's all I have to say. If they like it like that, then that's how it is. Shouldn't tell the mods what to do, because well.... it probably makes them mad, and they have power. Pissin someone off with power = No Good. :laugh:

NovaWave

Smash Journeyman
BTW how do they get custom titles? Do they have to pay via PayPal? And whats the amount of posts needed for Smash Apprentice and Smash Lord and Smash Master?

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
As you can see, I've added the Roy is Top Tier via hyperlink into the first post. Also, I won't be sticking the Official I Need Help With _____ thread since it's already linked in the first thread. Make sure that you look at those linked threads before you post a topic; there's a good chance it could fall into one of them, chi.

PaperLuigi522

Smash Cadet
Event 51 : use Link. Do the Upward slash at one of the hands. Then dodge some attacks and do it again.If you die try again. You hav to get the hang of it. Once you kill one of them it gets a lot easier.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
PaperLuigi522, you're thinking of Event 50 <where you fight the two hands>, he asked for 51, whoch is Gandorf, Giga Bowser, and Mewtwo.
Anyway I'll try to help on both.
50- use Ganondorf's Up+A
51- use Jigglypuff's Down+B

anti_dan

Smash Apprentice
Would there be any hostility towards a post made almost entirely for smashers who cannot consistantly pull off advanced techniques? Almost a how to get better without being fast thing?

JRI3102

Smash Apprentice
do you think i is possible to add this to your list of topics on the front page

Do you think is is possible to include a link to my page, it is very informative and i have put a lot of time into it. It is a link to all of the reoccuring glitches catagorized, with a list, pictures and a defination and explanation for each one, could you consider adding it to your stickied topic. Thanks

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=50079

Tricks and Glitches FAQ with pictures. (Jri3102)

Dalal

Smash Ace
Final Destination - I have been trying to master t
I like this idea of an 'important threads' thread on the forum, however, I think you should include it on every forum and sub-forum, to get people used to the way everything is organized. So, it would be cool if you had a 'Stickied Threads' thread that is stickied and has a list of all the important guides and FAQs that have been created for that particular forum...

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is because I'm wondering if its possible to include a link for my Advanced Techniques Guide, which is mainly designed to help newbies learn l-cancelling and wavedashing and all those techniques in a step-by-step kind of approach, so that they won't have that many future questions about it.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=60908

Hope this can get stickied (or linked)...

Thanks,

chibifibi

Smash Apprentice
I can't find anywhere else to ask this so I'll just ask it here. What exactly has to be done in order to get out of a grab? I know it has something to do with DIing or Shielding or both. Does anyone know for sure?

no. 1 smash daddy

Smash Ace
kirbyuser39 said:
I am stuck on Event Match 51 "The Showdown". Any tips.
of course I would like to help you, to beat easily event match 51, I would suggest you to use capt. falcon, use only his aerial attacks against giga bowser so you can kill him easily, and then it will be easier to kill mewtwo and ganondorf.

no. 1 smash daddy

Smash Ace
chibifibi said:
I can't find anywhere else to ask this so I'll just ask it here. What exactly has to be done in order to get out of a grab? I know it has something to do with DIing or Shielding or both. Does anyone know for sure?
your so stupid, to get out of a grab, press all the buttons quickly and use the control stick, that`s how you get out of it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Kinda noob question but: Where is the list of stats of the characters? I heard alot about it and I cant find it. Also Search didnt help... So please can someone tell me?

FireKP1

Smash Lord
Diddy Kong said:
Kinda noob question but: Where is the list of stats of the characters? I heard alot about it and I cant find it. Also Search didnt help... So please can someone tell me?
If your talking about the Tier List there's a section on it in the Melee Dicussion.

MegaKirby9

Smash Apprentice
If there is a bright center to the Universe, I'm i
A little off topic, but I really need help with this:

I jump off from grabbing a ledge but don't get anywhere NEAR as much horizontal distance as the players on the vids I've seen. They move over the ground alittle ways just after releasing the edge. I know how to jump off (Down+Jump), but I end up going much higher, not as far sideways, and I can;t seem to pull off an air attack fast enough to hit people who are standing right there.

I'm guessing it's some tilt of the control stick, but so far I haven't had any luck improving my ledge jumping. It's the only technique I can't do at all. Please help.

Bailey

Smash Hero
You can hit down on the C-Stick and up on the control stick to be able to DI more, or you can hit Y or X and down at the same time.

Top Bottom