• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official EC Starcraft 2 Discussion!

Lobos

Smash Master
So I found this info about patch 1.2

To anyone who doesn't know, a developer on battle.net gave a quick list of changes in the upcoming patch. Im aware that a lot of people have already seen this, but to those who haven't, here it is.

The announced changes are as follows:
• We're increasing roach range. This will allow roaches to be more effective in large groups, giving the zerg more options in the mid to end game.

• Fungal Growth will now prevent Blink, which will give zerg a way to stop endlessly Blinking stalkers which can be very challenging to deal with in large numbers.

• The Barracks are going to require a Supply Depot, which will impact a lot of early terran reaper pushes.

• The reaper speed upgrade will require the Factory, which is meant to weaken a lot of the early terran reaper attacks that dominate so many matches, especially in team games.

• We're making a number of increases to the health of zerg buildings, which will make the very vulnerable zerg technology structures more resistant to raids. We don't expect these hit point changes to have a super significant impact on the game, but the current numbers felt way too low.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
put my SWEET AWESOME ROACHES WITH INFINITE RANGE behind my AMAZING IMPENETRABLE BUILDINGS so your STUPID SMALL NUMBER OF REAPERS get *****. sorry, you cant chase me, cause YOU DONT HAVE A FACTORY YET NUB.

wanna blink into my base? SILLY BITCH, YOU CANT MOVE, while also TAKING DAMAGE.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
wtf is the point of using a reaper if you can't get them out early game?

reapers about to be extinct lyke.

Lobos

Smash Master
those arent official notes btw......just some general things they are looking at

dont expect 1.2 just yet

rhan

Smash Hero
So I found this info about patch 1.2

To anyone who doesn't know, a developer on battle.net gave a quick list of changes in the upcoming patch. Im aware that a lot of people have already seen this, but to those who haven't, here it is.

The announced changes are as follows:
• We're increasing roach range. This will allow roaches to be more effective in large groups, giving the zerg more options in the mid to end game.
Cool....

• Fungal Growth will now prevent Blink, which will give zerg a way to stop endlessly Blinking stalkers which can be very challenging to deal with in large numbers.
Understandable.

• The Barracks are going to require a Supply Depot, which will impact a lot of early terran reaper pushes.
****ing stupid.

• The reaper speed upgrade will require the Factory, which is meant to weaken a lot of the early terran reaper attacks that dominate so many matches, especially in team games.
Also ****ing stupid... Let's make a building that had nothing to do with the infantry units to provide an upgrade... How about instead of the fact the E-bay? Gees....

• We're making a number of increases to the health of zerg buildings, which will make the very vulnerable zerg technology structures more resistant to raids. We don't expect these hit point changes to have a super significant impact on the game, but the current numbers felt way too low.
-_-

Zerg becoming more and more OP by the minute. While Terran is becoming more and more weak.

M@v

Subarashii!
I'm getting slapped around by diamonds :3.

If you want we can practice 1v1s sometime yes. Im rank 5 in my platinum division.

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm willing to get some games in tonight.

I'm like rank 60 in Diamond.

I'm not even that good at the game.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I'm getting slapped around by diamonds :3.

If you want we can practice 1v1s sometime yes. Im rank 5 in my platinum division.
I'm willing to get some games in tonight.

I'm like rank 60 in Diamond.

I'm not even that good at the game.
I'll be on later tonight unless someone actually wants to play smash with me around here. That's a rare occurrence sadly so I'll probably be on.

Omni

BRoomer
i dont understand how u guys are so good. i still lose in bronze all day.

ugh *continues practicing speeding up beginning build order*

Lobos

Smash Master
i dont understand how u guys are so good. i still lose in bronze all day.

ugh *continues practicing speeding up beginning build order*
RTS Games take a really long *** time to be decent at......so many hours must be put into being good. Plus this is a pc game.....you have to know your controller really good to (keyboard) .

I'm not that good but I have some experience with RTS games like sc1 and command & conquer.

When you go to MLG DC (you better) lets see how the pro sc players play the game.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
don't worry about build orders and stuff to start out. just play it lol

then when you feel like you're familiar enough with the game work on BO's and whatnot.

M@v

Subarashii!
if you're terran you have no reason to not use marines/marauders/medivacs xD
Banelings make mmm go splat, especially early on.

Mech da bess vs zerg....unless they go roaches :/. But then you get tanks instead of hellions xD

Omni

BRoomer
with terran if you double click a marine and step back behind the marauders the marauders eat most of the baneling splash.

but fungal growth + baneling = ... =/

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I was about to say what Omni just posted. Thank you for sparing me of the headache.

Fungal growth is pretty gay. It should only affect bio units like Maelstrom did.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
anything thats pretty gay vs terran (ground) can be countered with a few tanks in good position, omg <3 tanks and <3 watching those banelings die instantly.

rhan

Smash Hero
Any Toss player trying to play like right now?

I need Toss practice.

I prefer you be either Diamond or Upper Platinum.

Lobos

Smash Master
bronze lol ive only played 22 singles games (8-14)

I just get bored after 1 game so I concentrate on team builds

rhan

Smash Hero
It should be easy for you to win games if you learn Zerg builds against each race.

So pretty much learning 3 builds is like autowin if you're able to keep up with Macro.

Top Bottom