• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E for All Firsthand Impressions Thread

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Ok guys, sadly, i couldnt go back today. Outrageous winds and almost bald tires on my car dont make for a good combination lol.

As far as all the advanced techs go, i find all of Gimpy's findings from SWF to be correct. So rather than spend time on that Im gonna try and describe how the game feels.

I was excited to hear how the game plays similar to ssb64, because i like that one a little bit better than melee (I started on 64 first). But when I actually played it, its actually a mix of the two games.

All the characters are floatier like 64, but the physics of the attacks are closer to melee. i.e. (grabs almost never killing, sweetspots, small lag in aerial attacks). And yet still it felt like a completely NEW GAME.

No matter what people say, like "I was owning everyone!!" Everybody there sucked. Nobody was used to it, and you only get to play one 2 min round every 20 mins.

When I played my first match i used Diddy with the Wiimote on Lylat Cruise. I was in such awe at the graphics, and confusion by the Wimote that i only broke even, with 2 kills (thanx to samurai goroh lol) and 2 deaths. I tried Samus next with the classic against a metaknight. I won thanks to electrode, and it took me the whole match to get used to the classic controller. I never got knocked off far enough to try the bomb jump so i cant comment on that. One thing I can say about the classic controller is that it is really sensitive, but besides that its good. I really kinda started getting comfortable when i picked sonic, he ***** with items because he can get to them so quickly!

Character Impressions:

Diddy: Very fun to use. Seems like he has a lot of potential if one were to train with him. He was pretty quick, with enough power to get the job done if you know what you're doing. he is one of my top 3 favorite from the demo

Samus/ZS: I really cant give you an accurate description for her because i was confused about the classic controller half of the match. (the thing with the classic is, the buttons change in between the character/level selection and the fight). From i could get though, she is similar to her melee counter part.

Ike: Extremely powerful but Extremely slow. His running/walking isnt that slow, but his sword attacks are VERY slow. but he is SO powerful, he can kill you at 60% with a mediumly charged smash.

DK: Fun to use because I love the wind up punch, very similar to his melee form. His final smash SUCKS though. To me its the worst in the game by far. all you have to do is stand on the other side of the level and you will dodge it gauranteed.

Sonic: Obviouslyy very speedy. Not that strong but still strong enough imo. I felt right at home using him because my main is CF in 64, and CF is on of my mains in melee. To me, the best tactic with sonic is to chase your opponent around and not give them room to breathe

Pit: He is like a quicker Link that can fly. his up+B has REDICULOUS RECOVERY!!!!! he has FREE FLIGHT for like 3 secs!. Add that to his multiple jumps, and its insane. I was in Awe. without anyone attacking him, he will make it back from anywhere. Crap, and I forgot about the glide too!!

Despite being a Demo, the game feels very polished. All the Sound FX are high quality and the announcer and the entrances PWN!! But you could still tell it was a demo cuz the load times for the stages was way too long.

Things they need to fix before launch:

1) Classic controller sensitivity, needs more of a deadzone
2) Match load times
3) Sonic needs more than just shades of blue

Red_Revival

Smash Cadet
Hell Yeah. HugS Discovered the Edge Hug in the Match when I beat em :D

And Zenas, that was my friend Johnny's Mario. And It was Me who you Smash DI'd at 250% Cuz MetaKnight Can't kill for S***

Actually, I got a lot better with em after that Match :cool:

Ok so yeah, Let me add some actual impressions:

I used Meta Knight Exclusively on the last day and I can tell you his recovery is strait out sick. I combo'd with him pretty tight once I got used to him, He' s definitely a good combo character from what i played. His dair looks like marths dair but doesn't spike - it sends your opponent up - and yeah I don't think he has a good finishing move, or at least I didn't discover one.

But his final smash is pretty cool, as you've seen. Only problem, you have to be in Melee range. Hey at least it looks cool:psycho:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I think I'm going crazy because everyone says Meta Knight's d-air doesn't send people downward, but my dair did. :psycho:

Top Bottom