• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DGames Offsite Representative Discussion Thread

Who should be the DGames rep for offsite?

• Gorf

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • SwordsRBroken

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Cuz I don't wanna clog any of the other threads with this topic.

I think I'd wanna send either Evil Eye or Kuz if they're gonna be active. Hell I'd be down to send Cello if we can get in contact with em.

rid****ulous

Smash Journeyman
Out of people actually around who can be active enough?

EE/Kuz/cello if possible
Ryker or Swiss if they could stay active enough
after that it's a pretty big pile up

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Cello would get my vote but he hasn't played since like NBC mafia. And all the other people mentioned by Ridick are not active enough/wouldn't really dig a 48 hour day-phase/24 player list I believe.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Dude, if @ Evil Eye Evil Eye would just post in the social once in a while, I'd be happy with that.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
THE ***** WANTS A REP IN 2 DAYS. WE PROLLY DONT ****IN HAVE TIME TO DO THE **** ALL FORMAL LIKE

plus ******* are even suggesting ****** that dont ****ing play anymore. what the mother****? we have PLENTY of good players i still see on a regular basis. id throw gorf/jerkus/j/zen in that ***** and thats JUST from lookin at this thread (sorry orbo/pbj im sure yall are good i just havent played many games witchall i dont mean any slight here) so why are ****** trippin? i can already tell you ee WONT be able to play this **** and why is it so necessary to go fetch cello/kuz from whatever dark corners of the internet they reside when weve already got ***** who can ball right here? like i get a lotta ****** feel these ****** off nostalgic **** but im happy to send someone we know consistently plays well ive got faith in the ****** here and think theyre just as competent man

im lookin at 3 options here

option 1. we ****in make another poll with these ****** that ******* are geekin over. this option is ****ty as **** cuz with only 2 days we have to scramble and even THEN ****** might say no. ****s cuttin it close and even then the results may not be accurate cuz ****** might not hit the site in time to get a proper look

option 2. we use this thread http://smashboards.com/threads/that-ms-thread.323878/

this ****s from 2 years ago. barely **** has changed so i imagine this is a somewhat accurate indicator of who ****** be havin boners for. im excludin myself cuz i personally believe this cross games gonna be a rampant ****storm of ****** doin crazyass **** and holdin ****** to standards that dont exist elsewhere. this means wed send swiss if hes down

option 3 is that we send the first person to express interest under the "if i think the player is competent im confident in their abilities to rep us well" mentality i subscribe to which would be j (in fact hes the only person ive seen say "i want it to be me"). this cuts down on all the longwinded bull**** and resolves things quickly

options 2/3 im down wit so wassup? in fact lemme holla at swiss to see if hed even care bout this ****

Ashemu

Smash Ace
standards that dont exist elsewhere.
dont worry teh standards in the third game were absolutely abysmal. it was basically an ego-driven shouting match only none of the egos were rly justified

e: i dont mean to say this to dissuade people from playing in the fourth one, thatd be mean. just its not actually high-level. these games dont rly work for a number of reasons

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Kuz, EE and Swiss are the only decent suggestions so far in this thread and all three are inactive. Depending on whether they still play mafia I'll suggest Kat, July and vand as representatives.

:059:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
if you think youre competent and are interested then volunteer. I just don't want to see this be a repeat of the last cross-site game where people express interest but don't join because they think they aren't good enough to rep the site.
AMEN

If someone wants to play, just let them. If several people want to, we can have a quick vote.

Calling who we send a 'representative' and treating the game like it's some sort of all star international is just a ****ing joke.

edit: if more than one person wants to play, just send a hydra lol

Last edited:

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
id be down if I had the time, but I don't. Even with a like 14-day Day phase I probably couldn't keep up nowadays, which is pretty much the only reason I don't play anymore

love youze guyz doe

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
anyone can represent the site if they're so willing and i would be comfortable with sending literally anyone who was up to it and had enough prior knowledge as to how dgames/mafia works, is fairly active, and has enough games under his belt (minimum being 10)

it shouldn't be a matter of 'let's force one person to do it' rather have someone step up if they want to

i don't want any part of this honestly and think it's dumb so dont ask me

Last edited:

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I agree that anyone who cares to can represent the site. It seems like J's interested and everyone is content with this option. Any objections?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I agree that anyone who cares to can represent the site. It seems like J's interested and everyone is content with this option. Any objections?
:confused:

news to me that J wants in.

If Gorf wants in, by all means send Gorf.

FWIW the poll at the top of this thread cracked me up no end.

Last edited:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
It's not a joke though. Those other players wouldn't be prepared for the genius that is SwordsRBroken.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
:confused:

news to me that J wants in.

If Gorf wants in, by all means send Gorf.

FWIW the poll at the top of this thread cracked me up no end.
option 3 is that we send the first person to express interest under the "if i think the player is competent im confident in their abilities to rep us well" mentality i subscribe to which would be j (in fact hes the only person ive seen say "i want it to be me"). this cuts down on all the longwinded bull**** and resolves things quickly
Also either I'm a dirty skimmer or Gorf ninja'd me. Either way still fine with Gorf.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
j pmd me bout an hour after raz posted in the signups askin ****** to volunteer. twas the only one either private or public before this ****in thread

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I kinda wanna see Gorf do it just so they think we're just a bunch of pot heads that try to make everything sound philosophical as ****.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh well, thanks guys haha.

Yeah, I'll do it and try to represent to the best of my ability. :)

Uncle Ruckus

Gorf|marshy
ayo **** THIS decision. i heard kuz once vigged all the scum in a game

IN ONE NIGHT IT SHOULD BE HIM AND HE SHOULD HAVE MY BABIES WHILE HES AT IT

YOLOSWAG

marshy|omni
i agree **** this decision

i nominate evil eye. i once printed out one of his walls and posted it to my ceiling so its the first thing i see every day i wake up. it is there to this day

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
on the real tho

****** underestimate themselves. as someone whos played with the ****** gettin tossed around in their prime (minus kuz cuz i was awol) i feel like ****** put themselves in a box and put others on a pedestal. theres a LOT of awesome players round here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom