• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

'Official' Dedede Move Set List

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
So here's a list of moves from the games that Dedede could possibly have in Brawl. Tell me to add to and correct from the list and I shall. Sorry if I got a lot wrong; I don't know what many of them are 'officially' called.

Not having a chance to play Kirby in years I got them mostly from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfhKljGSLdo.

Super Dedede Jump*
Dive
Rage Furry
Angry Dash

Spin Leap
Matter Hover
Dark Matter Chomp

Basic Mallet Slam*
Manic Mallet Slam
Mallet Toss

Kirby-Like Vacuum
> Spit Out
> Electric/Tracking Spit Out

Kirby-Like Air Balloon Inflate*
> Air Puff Gun

Sleep
Mecha-Dedede
Non-Continuity:
Waddle Dee Toss*
Jet Hammer*
Swiming*

*Announced

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I gotta say...I didn't see any of these specials coming. I was thinking more classicly (which, I guess the upB is a little bit), but...these are pretty interesting.

MrBird

Smash Rookie
I'm thinking smash attack. Whew, that mecha-hammer looks awesome.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, I can tell you now...They actually made his moves Very unique, yet true to character...

Whatever his final Smash is, I think it's going to be different

Percon

Smash Lord
Wow, interesting.

I wonder if that jump hits on the way up as well... probably not. But the cancel is a plus.

His >B look like a very usable projectile. Especiall since it's affecteb by gravity, it can probably be used as an Edge guard.

Jet Hammer doesn't look terribly useful... the usefulness will depend on the amount of freedom you have while charging it up.

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice
Waddle Dee Toss is teh win

I'm not actually a big fan of King Dedede, but the Waddle Dee Toss is just plain awesome. I'm almost tempted to main him now. Depends on how he plays.

Percon said:
Jet Hammer doesn't look terribly useful... the usefulness will depend on the amount of freedom you have while charging it up.
Actually this move sounds somewhat interesting. Of course so did Mario's FLUDD, and most who played the Demo seem to agree it wasn't all that great. but here's an interesting bit of speculation....

The move is used to 'charge up his hammer' and 'you can walk around with it charged up.' It doesn't actually say the move itself is chargable, just the hammer. So what if using the Down B 'multiples the destructive force' of the hammer. In other words increasing the damage or knockback or even both, of any other move that uses the hammer as part of the attack, either A or B? I know the part about 'if you charge it up too much, it will increase your own damage' implies something like Roy's Flare Blade. Instead, couldn't it imply a stamina gauge thing like the Pokemon have for switching too much? or Random Misfire chance like Luigi's side b?

Food for thought. Still....

Waddle Dee Toss FTW!

glazedkoala

Smash Rookie
It specifically says you can't save the charge by pressing the shield button, but does this just mean you can't save the charge partway?
I think it probably means there's a maximum charge, after which he unleashes his attack automatically. Because of this, I doubt you can charge it up then use other random attacks. And I'd speculate it's like Roy's charge, but you could actually be right GDHunter. I guess we'll find out.

As I read Waddle Dee Toss, I fell in love with Dedede. I can't wait to throw Waddle Doos though. Mmm.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think the penguin's B move is his inhale. Which will be used to suck up his minions and spew them out as foes.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I think his neutral B is inhale.

Except... its a recovery!? Yup. Well lets just say the way Dex3 jumps normally is the same as most other characters he just... jumps. Except when he inhales he fills himself with air and gets 5 Kirbyesque jumps... he can (Of course) only use this move once while in the air.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Though he's technically not anything, it's hard not to see that he's very penguin like. >_>

Anyways, his neutral B....could be inhale, but I doubt it. Seems like it'd be odd to suck him in as Kirby and then have the power to inhale again. You know it'd be funny if it turned out to be that move that we all think is his intro. =/

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
De3 just HAS to have an inhale move. It is a signature move of his, and they could totally make it different than kirby's inhale really easily and heres some examples how:

When De3 inhales, it could have a bit larger range than Kirby's, and the graphics could be different, too. Instead of little wispy air-like graphics going into Kirby's mouth to show the vacuum-like quality, De3's could have small star graphics that tumble into his mouth, as it shows in the youtube video on the first post.

Also, once an enemy is sucked in, you could be able to walk around and shoot them out as a projectiles at other people to do damage to them both! I would imagine also that when you shoot them out, it does more damage than kirby's inhale-then-spit-out. Maybe De3 spits them out onto their face for a short, temporary moment of vulnerability?

Also, while I don't think Dedede needs as many jumps as Jiggs or Kirby, I think he should definitely have maybe 3 or so, so he can do his other signature puff-up-and-float move that he also does in the kirby games of the past.

jon_the_ferret

Smash Cadet
To be honest I don't think there is much to worry about King Dedede IS Sakurai's own character, isn't he? I'm pretty sure he will be immense whatever he decides to do with him. He made my top favourite three games Super Smash Bros., Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. Brawl (I haven't played it but i mean we know it will rock) so I trust him with movesets.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I'm thinking that his neutral B should definitely be inhale, but, to separate it from Kirby's inhale, he automatically grabs the opponent and either throws them (a la Throw Kirby), or slams them (a la Suplex/Backdrop Kirby).

Also, anyone else thinking that he'll be using his inhaling ablility to jump, thus being the only heavyweight to do this? It might work, except there seem to be alot of people who can do that already...

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
With the dojo update yesterday I dont really like Dedede's moves. But that all could change when I play him for real :).

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I'm guessing that the image where he is in a throne being carried by Waddledees is his entrance, and I think that his Standard B should be this:

Earthshaker: Makes a small earthquake by slamming his hammer to the ground. Chargeable. The longer you hold it, the greater the range.

Top Bottom