• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[OFFICIAL] Cpt. Olimar Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarthHero

Smash Apprentice
Post here for all talk related to Cpt. Olimar.
Opinions,
Facts,
Rumors,
Movesets,
Videos,
Etc.

Cpt. Olimar came as a suprise to most of us, but I don't think he is a bad addition. He is very unique and I'm looking forward to trying him out. Seems pretty interesting, maybe the Pikmin could be killed one by one, I.E. Ice Climbers?

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I wish I could give you videos. I think Sakurai should be putting direct recordings of 3 minute matches of 4 free for all battles in brawl as updates. I think that would appease most people. Definitely me.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ive got a moveset to post. I think it works well with the whole Pikmin AI dealie.

Just B moves for now, more later.

Neutral B - Whistle (Youve got to have this) Does slight damage to an area and calls back any Pikmin within the range of that area. (This will bring Pikmin back to you so you can preform smash attacks, or want your Pikmin close to you for protection)

B> - Pik swing (It used to be Ultra Bitter Spray, but I think thats an item now, but well see.) Olimar swings a Pikmin around twice in a circle, damaging the foe more depending on the type of pikmin (Small damage for white, medium damage for blue, yellow, high damage for red, and extremely high knockback for purple)

B^ - Dolphin - Olimar's rocket, used as a recovery move. Medium knockback and damage for those caught in it's blast.

Bv - Pluck - (duh) Plucks a random Pikmin from the ground and holds it in his hand. Can be thrown upon immediate plucking, but not after a short amount of time, in which the Pikmin is then used for smash attacks.

Final Smash - I love this one. Pikmin Bomb Squad - The dolphin flies in and shines a light (Like the one that lifted olimar into his ship in Pikmin) on a section of the stage. Any foes caught in this light are stunned fo 10 seconds, and the ship then drops 5 yellow pikmin carrying bomb rocks. The yellow Pikmin kamikaze into the stuned foes, or nearest foes. Instant KO in one or two hits.

Olimar has so much potential, Im so glad he made it in as a character. Olimar ftw!!

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
I love the moveset, ganondorf4ever.
So the player will control olimar, and use normal attacks with him. Will the Pikmin follow him around aka Popo/Nana? They must, at least it looks like they do in the screenshots.
Why is there a flower on one of the pikmin? It is only on one at a time (look at the screenshots).
So many questions, answers in time.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think his grab will utilize his Pikmin, like they do the actual grabbing.

Hehe the Pikmin grab the enemy, and carry it back to Olimar, and he proceeds to pummel it into submission.

:005: Charmeleon approves.

gecko8721

Smash Cadet
i think in the update sakurai says that the pikmin kind wander around a little......olimar and da pikmin are really neat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom