• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Cleveland Common Grounds Weekly Smashfest

Dobs

Smash Journeyman
Nice turnout, wasn't too big, but wasn't too small either. GG's KB and Nemy. Im not sure yet if i'll be up there tonight, but i'll be sure by the afternoon.

Philosophize

Smash Apprentice
Uh..I came? I brought 2 new good people too -_- . What time were you there?

I wish people could be more definitive about whether they're coming or not...It's like a half hour drive for me so it's nice to know for sure whether I should go.

Dobs

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I didn't come. Throughout the whole day, I was getting unclear answers and indefinite plans. I didn't find out until 7 or 8ish that I wasn't coming. But, a few hours later, my friends, all of a sudden, change their minds making the entire day and night a waste of time. Again, sorry.

crescentia

Smash Journeyman
I think it's a better idea if you guys just set a time - like either Friday OR Saturday, not both - for the event for now.

Steele

Smash Journeyman
I was there till probably 8 and there were only a few guys playin 360.
Saturday is fine with me as long as someone will actually be there lol. I seriously have not even played Smash since the tourney at Vidjo's, so yea I'm probably a little rusty as I was to begin with...

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I think it's a better idea if you guys just set a time - like either Friday OR Saturday, not both - for the event for now.

I agree with this. Right now it's way too unstable and people are always unsure whether or not to come. I recommend Friday night as a solid time to hold this.

We'll definitely get better turnouts this way.

sKatZ

Smash Apprentice
i just got a new job so i have to work this weekend, but i definitly think i might be able to come next weekend

Philosophize

Smash Apprentice
I feel like a lot of people are busier on Friday's than Saturday's. I know 3 other smashers at my college that are **** good, and most of them are busy on Friday. If enough people show up this Saturday, and if I can manage to rope them all into coming...well that would just rule?

Dobs

Smash Journeyman
I agree with this. Right now it's way too unstable and people are always unsure whether or not to come. I recommend Friday night as a solid time to hold this.

We'll definitely get better turnouts this way.
I feel like a lot of people are busier on Friday's than Saturday's. I know 3 other smashers at my college that are **** good, and most of them are busy on Friday. If enough people show up this Saturday, and if I can manage to rope them all into coming...well that would just rule?
KB, was your suggestion based on your preference or availability? Because, it seems like Nemy's friends can only come on Saturday. If you can't come on Saturday, we'll have to figure something out. :(

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
KB, was your suggestion based on your preference or availability? Because, it seems like Nemy's friends can only come on Saturday. If you can't come on Saturday, we'll have to figure something out. :(

It was more out of preference than of availability. I have a random work schedule, so I'll always be alternating on whether I come on a Friday or Saturday. I guess Saturday sounds good though, because I'm tired of waiting for Vidjo's tourny to pop up again...

And Steele, a vote would be too much of a hassle honestly. I agree with Dobs and Nemy though, Saturday was the perfect day to host this every week and we shouldn't give it up, especially for a tournament that still has yet to happen again. It's also the day with the highest chance of people showing up. :)

Impp

Smash Ace
I"ll be there Friday at like 10:45 or 11:30 or something late and I'll make Steve come with me.

Feiy

Smash Apprentice
Lol... well I still hope you guys make some plans to play a bit over the weekend next week, at least for a little bit.

crescentia

Smash Journeyman
Nemy, I'm good for this Friday; it's just every other Friday that I have problems with. Personally I'd rather for it to be Saturdays because that works better, but I guess I'll just miss every other week or something. (This is Peter btw.)

Impp

Smash Ace
I was going to the Michigan Tournament on Saturday, so I wanted to get some playing in the night before. I still think Saturdays are good.

The weekend after Thanksgiving lets do it on Saturday.

Saturday November 24th at 7

Feiy

Smash Apprentice
I was going to the Michigan Tournament on Saturday, so I wanted to get some playing in the night before. I still think Saturdays are good.

The weekend after Thanksgiving lets do it on Saturday.

Saturday November 24th at 7
thats perfect...

Feiy

Smash Apprentice
It'd be convenient for the lot of us to have it on both days. But I would say Saturdays would be better.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Alright, just for this week we'll have it on Friday, and the rest of the weeks we'll have it on Saturdays as usual, sound good?

Sounds perfect, since I'm off of work this Friday too. :)

My Ness and Jiggs (especially) are gonna bring it hard this time around...lol

crescentia

Smash Journeyman
Good **** last night, especially me and Dan's 7-game teams winning streak. We're definitely going to bring another one or two setups to the next one we can make it to.

Dobs

Smash Journeyman
Nice turnout last night, too bad we had to wait 45 minutes before a TV cleared up though. We, probably, should have started earlier.

Feiy

Smash Apprentice
Well keep practicing poeple.
Do you guys know about the cave tournaments?

I thinking about going to one of them next month, but I'm curiopus about the competition.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Well keep practicing poeple.
Do you guys know about the cave tournaments?

I thinking about going to one of them next month, but I'm curiopus about the competition.
I know a bit about them. There are plenty of good players that show up to those, including Tink and I think Eddie (not this Eddie). You definitely won't regret getting to play those guys.

Steele

Smash Journeyman
Hey dudes sorry I left early. I had to get up early for work, come to find out that next morning that they called me off. buncha bull**** >_<
Anyways I won't be here next week, goin back to my hometown. You all have a nice Thanksgiving. Eat lots of turkey.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Hey dudes sorry I left early. I had to get up early for work, come to find out that next morning that they called me off. buncha bull**** >_<
Anyways I won't be here next week, goin back to my hometown. You all have a nice Thanksgiving. Eat lots of turkey.
Will do buddy. :)

Feiy

Smash Apprentice
I know a bit about them. There are plenty of good players that show up to those, including Tink and I think Eddie (not this Eddie). You definitely won't regret getting to play those guys.
My friend Khepri told me a bit about Tink, but he also told me that Eddie retired.
He also said that he does play once in the cave.

But yeah, it'll be fun.

Top Bottom