• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Cleveland Common Grounds Weekly Smashfest

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
That's if this place is still alive by then. It kind of died; Lazy *** Cleveland scene... XD

Impp

Smash Ace
Oh, yeah, having a suspended liscence sucks...
BTW They got an Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 arcade machine at Commons, now. It's cool.

jmac7

Smash Rookie
anyone know of any where around ashtabula (between cleveland/mentor and erie) where theres a place to get some competition?

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I know there's monthly tourneys up in mentor on the lake. If you're willing to drive to cleveland there's a few clevelanders that get together, melee mostly though.

I'd say you should start your search with a guy on AiB called Hey_Arnold. He lives kinda close to you. If you can easily beat him, I'd recommend falco400 and king beef up in cleveland heights. If you can't drive though, there's really not much competition up anywhere near ashtabula. If you're good you can go over to PA and win some tournies there. Western PA has pretty easy tournies usually.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Actually, why don't we see if we can all gather at someone's house to play? I don't really want to deal with smoke in my face and ear-splitting music volume while I hang out anymore. :urg:

Dobs

Smash Journeyman
Hey, it was fun playing and watching DBE on friday.

Nice work with the fox, Matt. Even without heavy techskill you do pretty well.

GG's Steve, I hate sheik...

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216

KB, did you skip out the circuit event to play melee friendlies?
No, there was something family related yesterday morning that I had to do, which means I couldn't be ready in time to leave for the event.

The Melee friendlies were just an idea for something to do later on in the day after I was done so I wouldn't get bored, but even that plan foiled over.

Basically...Saturday sucked, and I regret not being able to go.

Revven

FrankerZ
As I've always thought to myself years before I even went onto Smashboards, Cleveland sucks for Smashing a lot of the time. I only know a few people from my school (who are pretty decent) and then SFG, Shell, and King Beef (a few others too). Kinda... lame sauce. We need more Smashers in this area in general.

Top Bottom