• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Character Support Links Index

courte

Smash Lord
woe apearently rick wheeler doesnt exist lol true f-zero support--we'll take what we can get at this point

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Joust From Hal LABS... Think about it.
That's a nice idea, but I'm gonna cry "foul" on this one. Joust is a property of Midway. HAL handled the NES port. While it might be cool to have a knight on an ostrich flying around, this seems a bit too removed from 1st or 2nd party to be a legit contender. Plus, if we were going to see any 3rd party arcade game characters, don't you think we'd see someone more iconic? Pac Man? Dig Dug? This game is about icons. Plus, Nintendo has a much better working relationship with companies like Capcom and Namco than with Midway.

No, I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing, I'm pointing out that npc appearances are not deconfirmations (assist trophies exempted), and I'm not disagreeing with you because what you said has no bearing whatsoever on what I said.

If we're trying to legitimately examine which characters will be in, we cannot discount a character unless they have actually been confirmed as not being playable. Sure we can tier characters as having a really low shot, but a low shot is not 0% chance.
While you are technically correct, I think you are fighting a loosing battle. If you would like to see real change in the Smash community, you must do more than argue. You must propose something concrete like a change of wording or an update to an FAQ that everyone respects. Don't tell us what you are against; tell us what you are in favor of. Propose a real solution and stick with it. People aren't as likely to take action unless you provide them with an alternative. I wish you the best of luck and offer you my support.

courte

Smash Lord
hal labs comes first and it could fit visually if they make it tiny and more cartoony but as for midway... blech **** YOU LUI KANG!!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
While you are technically correct, I think you are fighting a loosing battle. If you would like to see real change in the Smash community, you must do more than argue. You must propose something concrete like a change of wording or an update to an FAQ that everyone respects. Don't tell us what you are against; tell us what you are in favor of. Propose a real solution and stick with it. People aren't as likely to take action unless you provide them with an alternative. I wish you the best of luck and offer you my support.
Which was why I was pointing it out here, this is a respected thread that was making that exact error, thus I pointed out to the guy maintaining the thread the reasoning, and concrete change to be made which would fix it, namely not giving the undeconfirmed characters the deconfirmed coloring.

It seems that a lot of the threads where this could go (negative nancy faq for one) seem to have vanished from the scene, so this seemed like the only option.

courte

Smash Lord
and now

oh dear how depressing, and appearently someone owns the rights to a joust movie

http://www.robotchicken.org/index.php?title=Joust_Ruminations i am so sad right now

completely unrelated

PlayStation 2

Kadokawa Shoten will produce a visual novel game for the PlayStation 2 entitled Lucky Star: Ryōō Gakuen Ōtōsai (らき☆すた ~陵桜学園 桜藤祭~, Lucky Star: Ryōō Gakuen Ōtōsai?) which will go on sale in Japan on January 24, 2008.[2]

courte

Smash Lord
if Red Reamer/Red Arremer/Fire Brand (Capcom's Demon Crest, SNES) were in Brawl, in your dreams...

could you picture him Flying with a few jumps, Hovering, or Gliding??
or any combination of the three

courte

Smash Lord
but i feel the playable role would feature more reference to draw information from, and as a PC then i believe it's gargoyle's quest

also answer the flight/hover/jump/glide questions lets not get off topic... more

NekoNick

Smash Rookie
I like Banjo & Kazooie very much and I really want them to be in Brawl,
but it's like not going to happen.

Rare belongs to Microsoft since 2002.. And do you really think that Microsoft is
going to give the chars to the Wii game?! I guess not..

courte

Smash Lord
yea you guess... that's why you're n00b lol seriously i don't expect them, that's why if it were to happen it'd be the biggest wtf

Seriously can I get one answer for the Red Arremer answer, Glide, Hover, or the somewhat non-sensical Flying(Multiple-Jumps)

In game he can hover appearently forever, but not move higher vertically. On the world map, he can fly at high speeds, but depending on his equipment, he can move freely through the air. Opinions?? (No, I'm not making a separate thread for this, he'll be in the no chance in hell character thread aka "Make your [Own] Moves!!")

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
First of all someone explain to me why Wolf is in yellow. I haven't heard of any assist trophies or cameos so he shouldn't be. And if someone says "Wolf is a Fox alt" I will lose all respect for them.

Second, don't be a jerk Courte. Nick made a very logical assumption about a character he wants against it. Pretty good for his first post. Better than many here.

courte

Smash Lord
i take it ashley mention is banned from the boards now as well... or is there simply a new thread??

Cless

Smash Champion
Ashley was apparently deconfirmed. Also, why do you care about Red Arremer so much? It's not like he'd get in over Mega Man, Ryu, Captain Commando, Arthur, etc.

courte

Smash Lord
like i said i'm putting him in the make your own moves thread, the place for Brawl's [most] unlikely

i'm simply asking, be it one person, how would you like him seen?? Gliding, Multiple Jumps, Hover??

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
It's not photoshopped. It was on the official Wii site before they re-edited the video. Jiggs, Ness, and Lucario are in the game.
ah alright then, sounds good to me. Although i don't see how this hurts mewtwo's chances as people say. I pictured mewtwo being the main villian of the poke series in brawl. And as far as we know you dont control the villians in the subspace emissary. so it is still possible that mewtwo is in the game, just that you don't play as him in the subspace, you just fight against him.

Top Bottom