• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl JPN Release Info ~ UPDATING NOW!!

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Sorry, duel questions for anyone who is playing the game right now:
1) Is there any other way to unlock Sonic outside of subspace?
2) How to unlock Ganondorf outside of subspace?
Thanks in advance! And don't keep to busy with the game!
There are multiple ways to unlock every character. Play 200 VS matches to unlock Ganondorf. There's probably a third method too but I haven't heard of it.

There are multiple ways to unlock every character. Play 200 VS matches to unlock Ganondorf. There's probably a third method too but I haven't heard of it.
200.... versus matches???
That's more then I expected!
Ah, that's fine, thanks for the info! I'm guessing you don't know the alternate to unlock Sonic.
I was also wondering if you have any impressions on Ganondorf from Melee to Brawl (my brother mains him, he wants to know).
Anyhow, keep up the good work! Thanks!

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
good job, just try to update more often plz.

legendofjelda

Smash Cadet
How do you unlock
Toon Link

I wanna unlock him and I know he's not in SSE (I have the game) so how do you fliping unlock him? :(
I second this question. According to gamefaqs it's just beating classic mode with ganondorf, but I've done that a couple of times now without any success :/

Anyone unlocked him yet?

Son Saku

Smash Apprentice
I second this question. According to gamefaqs it's just beating classic mode with ganondorf, but I've done that a couple of times now without any success :/

Anyone unlocked him yet?
Finish Classic with Link after completing SSE.
How do I unlock Wolf?

Project Occasus

Smash Cadet
When playing subspace do you pick a character from a select screen like classic mode, and then follow that characters story?

And does 'completing subspace' mean playing it with every character?

Project Occasus

Smash Cadet
Can you play subspace with any character? For instance, I heard that Sonic doesn't really make an appearance till the end, so does that mean you can only play character's who are prevalent to the story?

Also, can you use final smashes in SSE?

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Of course there's no language change options... you have the Japanese version.
The delay is to translate the rest of the game.

There may be a language option in the US version, and certainly will be for the UK version.

The US will probably get the choice of Japanese or English, whereas the UK gets the other 5 languages shown on the select language DOJO screen.

platnum

Smash Lord
Can you play subspace with any character? For instance, I heard that Sonic doesn't really make an appearance till the end, so does that mean you can only play character's who are prevalent to the story?

Also, can you use final smashes in SSE?
1.NO, you play the char the game tells you to play.

2.no, sadly.

side note:you fight the final boss as sonic.

okiyama

Smash Ace
300 matches in Brawl mode
yay for math:
Assuming you take about 20-30 seconds to press start, pick a stage, suicide, do victory screen(with one stock against a com) then go back and repeat the cycle. it will take:
about 1 hour 20 minutes to 2 hours to unlock Sonic using Brawl matches. Whereas the SSE takes about 6-10 hours(according to Nintendo). So suiciding with one stock is the way to go if you just want sonic ASAP.
But if you want to unlock all the characters with 1 stock suicide brawls it will take:
2 hours 10 minutes-3 hours
Still faster than SSE(it's 450 Brawls to unlock Wolf)

However that will be mindnumbingly menotinous.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
AH!!!! Kiri, it would be very nice if you differentiated SSE plot spoilers from others. Almost got screwed over in your unlock spoilers >_<

Evol

Smash Rookie
I don't know if this has been answered else where but I think this is probabaly the most important thing I'd like to know.

What're the major diferences in gameplay between melee and brawl?

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Has anyone made a thread where one can find all the # of multiplayer matches that have to be played to gain various characters (i.e. all)

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Has anyone made a thread where one can find all the # of multiplayer matches that have to be played to gain various characters (i.e. all)
I believe it's 450 to get them all.

Is there a selection to turn on/off stages from random? When selecting random, is it possible to get Melee/custom stages? Is there a Pokémon/AT select? In Special Brawl, can you be invisible and metal (same for Lip's Stick & Bunny Hood/Spicy Curry & Franklin Badge)? Are there any options besides those we've seen (Ex: Screw Attack)? I've heard sometimes Lightning backfires, is this true? Is there any way to control it? Is there any way to control dud bombs? Do Pitfalls really not affect the user?

kirkut

Smash Rookie

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Ness 5
Marth 10
Luigi 22
Falco 50
C.Falcon 70
Lucario 100
Snake 130
R.O.B 160
Ganondorf 200
Mr.Game and Watch 250
Sonic 300
Jigglypuff 350
Toon Link 400
Wolf 450

Gnight

Smash Journeyman
OMFG! Medaknight was AMAZING!! He tottally ***** Marth and faught well ageinst Snake!

Top Bottom