• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offical TNR Recruitment Page... Also Welcomes L@wl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizybozo

Smash Journeyman
can everyone just post their actual age - i know redd is a sophmore, and i'd like to smash with jigg seeing how he cant live more than 5 minutes from my house, but u guys keep talkin about how none of u can drive, and ur parents giving u rides. granted, i feel where ur coming from with parents regulating ur smash involvement, but i dont want some 13 year old rollin up at my house one day if i invite u to smash or something.

so ill start

my name is Brian, im 17, im a senior. I can drive (as in, i have a liscence AND a car to drive).

FOB

Smash Ace
my parents hate the idea of my smashing and are completely against smashing at non public places. I'm Ted 13 years old.
Edit: It's only like three of us that can't drive

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I'm 12 yet I still cant drive. My dad likes me playing smash but is cautious with these tourneys. Thats why i've been to 2 (since I started playing advanced): CCX in May and Nod3 in August. But he did say that i can definitely go to one of Chu's fests. He doesn't know which one yet, we're just waiting for a convinient weekend.

Off Topic-

Did you know Mario's White/Red and Blue/Red costumes were costumes used in actual games?! In his first game (Donkey Kong, Mario was known as Jumpman) he wore a blue shirt and red overalls. In a different game he had a brownish whitish shirt and red overalls. And btw Donkey Kong means Stupid Monkey LOL.

Wuss

Smash Champion
stefan 15, sophmore, cant drive, and DC's driving stuff sucks testies...
When I am at my dad's house, I live really close to Chozen1, in Lake braddock, so thats the best place to meet me...

Skylink

Smash Lord
A house made of brick, wood, and plaster (I think)
Ha. Okay then. this'll be a good time to slip in a post so I don't feel bad for not posting for a while. (I HATE THIS NEW "SCHOOL" THING :psycho: )

My name is Skyler, I'm 14, I can't drive (Is that part really nescicary?) and I live on braddock road, by twinbrook shopping center. Google earth me for specific location

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Why not.
I'm Zac, 14 years old, freshman, can't drive yet, but I can get my permit in a few months.

FOB

Smash Ace
Aren't some of you guys in TA?
That would be SmashGod, Sheik IJ , 5%TX and I was asked to but I don't like the idea of dropping this crew or being on both.

EDIT: looks like my mom won't change her mind. I can't go to the Biweeklies which I think is screwed up because my brother will be there...

bizybozo

Smash Journeyman
Put an AIM down in ur post too. even if u have it in ur public profile. makes things easier.

Yo skylink u dont gotta put dont down an address man. fairfax would do just fine. thats the exact reason all these 13 year old's parent are apprehensive about letting their kids go to private venues and joining forums online.

Allow me to formalize my previous post. i spose i plan on making a thread with people's basic info, to help cultivate the community around here and help people get to know eachother, and get more fests in.

.......................................................................................

Name: Brian

Mobility Status: Can Drive, and Do Drive

Contact Info: AIM - mrbiz89
MSN - bizybozo@gmail.com

Smash Frequency: Once/twice a week. Tournament every few weeks

Not a member of a crew. (This would be where you post if ur in a crew / who u smash with)
I smash with masa, sometimes with chaosknight and blues

.......................................................................................

Don't post anything ur not comfortable with (i.e last names, addresses). I just want to go to tournaments and have people know me, or maybe find out that a fellow smasher has been livin in arlington all this time, and this way i can get in touch with him and get some practicin in. I'll post a thread once more people post/repost info.

thanks for the cooperation so far, im actually surprised by how well this has been going.

Jigg

Smash Journeyman
Name: Mike

Location: Falls Church (i just realized that the word church has CHU in there.. a lil off topic, but it made me laugh

Mobility Status: i have the ability to drive, but not very well, no liscense or car

Contact Info: AIM - SpLaTz addict
MSN - mikeman2000102@hotmail.com

Smash Frequency: i tend not to go to anything (i used to go to chozen1's smashfests/bi-weeklies, but ive been having stuff to do) but if any of you guys know about Cafe (Korn---not NightmareKorn) he comes over at least once every 2 weeks, and he beats the crap out of me.

Member of TNR (is TNR still going? it seems it just kinda stopped once chozen left)

i play with Cafe (Korn) and Will (Boss) quite often, and i play with everybody in TNR (if i see them) and TA (if they feel like having a free win)

but for real, this is a good idea

nookrulz

Smash Ace
fats, I found some smashers here who are somewhat decent, but they insist on FFA -.- I do ok until when it's all 4, better when it's 3 people left, and dominate 1 on 1. Need some quality smashing. You festing again this Saturday?

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
this sat., I think that is CNU's fall break. If it isn't then most likely I shall be smashing.

the fest went pretty well. for 8 people I got 1st in teams and 4th in singles. I lost in crews too. I did this new thing though which I thought was cool. for crews, let's say it is 5v5. we would each assign a person a tier, not a char. that would allow the person a chance to counter pick even more. also he could change his character after the fight to somebody else in that tier.

Jigg

Smash Journeyman
900th post!

im not exactly sure what you mean by allowing them to counter pick even more (isnt the whole point of a crew battle to select a character and use that person at the right time?) anyways, it sounds like a good idea, but i think i'll have to see it in action before i put my "Jiggs Seal of Approval" on it (my attempt at being funny... did it work?)

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
yeah, ya see that way of playing crews really screws some one over who only has 1 or 2 good chars. so if there are like 3 good marth peach, or sheik players on a crew, only one of them can be used in the crew battle.

also lets say that a person chooses to be middle tier, and they have to fight a top tier player. the middle tier would have the option of choosing the doc. (counter pick) then if they win they could pick some one like samus or c falcon as their next fighter. then the other team would pick somebody to counter that fighter. It worked out well, don't ask me how but it did. so I suggest you get good with somebody from each tier.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Name: I'll tell you if I see you in real life :p... NICKNAME: Bobz!!!!! *pound* (exclamations not needed when addressing me, I love addengz a z to everyzhing)

Mobility Status: Can't drive for who knows how many years

Contact Info: AIM-RBobMS
E-Mail-rishi360@gmail.com

Smash Frequency: mostly play on weekends rarely tourneys

TNR PHO LYFE

TA *pound*

Smash G 0 D's Little Bro is all I need.

P.S. If you guys don't remember my lil bro (Sheik IJ) changed his handle name to Smash G 0 D's Little Bro a little while back :p

P.P.S. I call t3h Low Tier LUIGI TIME ftw

FOB

Smash Ace
Should be there with about 60 dollars if I win my money match with some guy at my church
lol he thinks he's so good when he didn't even unlock all the characters. haha I should have fun.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
No we weren't at ccx most recently. We were at ccx in May (LOL) you played us there. I need to play you soon, I think next I'll be at a chu fest.

Wuss

Smash Champion
I swear someone named sheikij was there...
weird...
He has spikey hair and had a shoulder strap backpack type thing on. He palyed sheik and said he was sheikij, that is your brother. right...???

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Umm yeahhh... No thats not my brother. Besides he doesn't go by Sheikij anymore. I told you guys, his new handle name is Smash G 0 D's Little Bro.

FOB

Smash Ace
whens Chozen coming back.... I need falco practice.. well no not really, I just can't stand lasers. They bother the crap out of me

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
FOB Falco ditto me! Wuss if you play Falco now ditto me too. Or if your still Samus then Samus ditto me. I'll ditto anyone except Mewtwo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom