• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offical Pit Stage discussion

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
This a stage guide for Pit players, feel free to correct me or let me know if I should add/remove stuff. I will be seperating all the stages into good or bad because I don't wanta get into neutral stages. More info on stages is very nice so even if I have info on stages let me know if there is more i should add.

Thanks to UndrDog for a huge amout of info in this tread alot is copy and pasted from his later posts. Thanks again UndrDog and everyone who helped.

Also I don't have a list of banned stages so if someone could get me an offical list it would be many thanks.

Good Stages:

Spear Pillar (Banned?)
~I think this is a banned stage and if it isn't it will be. Because it has the two levels you can hit someone from ether level giving you nice control over the field and two nice side platforms. This stage however with its illusions will cause you problems with your arrows and control in general but it will mess everyone up also.

Norfair (Strong stage)
~With the platform setup wing renewal reaches its full power, dropping through platforms enables you to use your air moves when ever you want. The size of the platforms is perfect for your over b and not be punished if you make a mistake.

Green Greens -melee-
~I think the main thing about this stage is that it has the bomb boxes that you can hit with your arrows for even more control of the stage. It is also wide enough to keep the arrows up from a far but you will need to loop them over the boxes.

Frigate Orpheon
~Now I don't play here very much so much of this could be off, but i feel that with the stage gimping people it is a decent stage for pit because it wont gimp him. You still get your platforms and its level so arrow aren't hard to use or control here.

Hanenbow
~If you stay near the bottom you wont get killed out of the top very easy and the stage hurts most recovers but not his.

Lylat Cruise (1 of Pits best stages)
~Wing Renewal has never been so fluent! You can renew your aerials a at nearly any point on the three platforms overhead. Aerial combos can make use of Wing Renewal.They're in the perfect spots too so that you always have a place to renew your wings!
Platforms give opponents cover from aerial bombardment and projectiles, and because the stage tilts back and forth it makes it hard to spam arrows consitanly.

Final Destination
~Wide edges so he can use his recovery and fly under the stage, all so good to gimp others recovery and nowhere to hide from his spamming.

Delfino Plaza (1 of Pits best stages)
~I think is a pretty good place for Pit because he has the best air mobility and Pit can control the stage very well and get back to the stage when its flying.

Green Hill Zone
~Controlling the checkpoints is very easy with arrows and the slope is just fun to glide over/with.

Castle Siege
~Pit isn't nerfed by any of the thee transformations (except for the second stops spaming) or the transitionary stage. In the end most character get annoyed by at least one thus allowing Pit to take control of the games pace.

Smashville (Strong stage)
~An amazing stage to play with Pit's recovery. Spamming is pretty easy.

Battlefield (Strong stage)
~Stages like this give way for Pit to use combos. Something he severely lacks on many stages. Nothing hurts Pit here either. Now that wing renewal is out its a very nice stage.

Sky World (Strong stage)
~Good recovery is key and it's a very simple level when it comes to gliding around. Your up-tilt becomes an amazing damage builder here and thankfully the sturdy platforms don't get in the way of Arrow Spamming all that much. Also the stage seems to gimp most players and knock them around but with Pits recovery its not a problem.

Yoshi's Island
~Using glide momentum to hug the wall is fun and isn't something you can regularly do. The ghost platform oddly enough can protect you if you've lost your Up-B on occasion. While this isn't the poster-stage of good stages for Pit it's still good for him.

Luigi's Mansion
~The walls of the house block your arrows, but if your below on the bottom level stage if can be good for holding your ground and rack up damage with your up tilt wide edges so he can use his recovery too. (but is unable to fly under the stage)

Corneria -melee-
~Reflecting Arwing and Wolfen lasers is easy. Pit however doesn't have an Up-B to help him escape wall combos. And while his Angel Ring kinda infa people on Corneria's wall, a basic strategy of Up-Bing out of the combo, grabbing the ship's fin, then coming down with an aerial is there with some characters. It can be good or bad. It's an amazing stage for Pit if you utilize the entire stage. However if your opponent is better with comboing against walls and you are the type of player who always sticks to the lower portion you're screwed. That simple. Pit is killed easily from the top and the level doesn't benefit good recoveries.
Fight in center stage and sometimes go to the edges also using the wall to combo. - Amazing
Staying in the middle of the stage to utilize your recovery while reflecting lasers. - Great
Counterpicked character in order to combo them relentlessly. - Amazing
Opponent can combo as well as you but you stay in the center of the ship. - Average
You love the lower portion but your opponent is decent at comboing off the wall. - Terrible.

Halberd
~I feel is a good stage for Pit because you can fly onder the stages and keep up with it when its in the air or taking off. again it has the raised center platform so you can wing renewal and you up smash/ up tilt hits people who are standing on it.

Bad Stages:

Shadow Moses (1 of Pits worst stages)
~Pit can't kill from the top very easy and his recovery doesn't matter with the walls. But you can get people up against the wall with your over b and hold them there.

Pokemon Stadium -melee-
~I feel that this is basicly a good stage for Pit but not one of his best because you can get them up against the wall with your over b on the rock and fire stage, but it has many things to get in the way of your arrows. It also has at least 2 platforms in each of its forms and we pit users love that.

Onett -melee-
~It has a few different places that you can get people up against a wall for a infa over b
(but cars will come to hit you out of it and they come more often then they did if melee) however, lots of walls and opsticals means people can save them selfs from a smash off the walls and block arrows.

Mario Circuit
~Platforms prevent aerial bombardment and nerfs arrows.

Bridge of Eldin
~Glide/recovery is pretty much non-existent and kills tend to come hard here. On the other hand if Pit begins getting tossed around gayly through the air you could find yourself too close to the edge and become an easy kill. Arrow Spam is too predictable here and nearly any opponent can out camp your projectiles until the stage forces you to move.

Pirate Ship
~Pit can't swim for crap and the lack of a meteor doesn't help. Cannonballs can kill Pit easier then many other characters. It is also possible to drown people with the arrows.

Pokemon Stadium 2
~With the stage changing to to wind id defeats Pits air advantage by giving it to others, the Electric stage makes it hard for you to use your over b and smash attacks. You can't fly under it in any form and bad edges.(but i don't like this stage as any1). The Ground stage i can be good if you get your over b against the wall off. The ice stage can be good or bad if you can control the ice say with your over b it gets godly distance and makes it harder for them to di out of it.

Banned stages:

WarioWare. (Banned but good stage)
~Even though this is a banned stage I would like to go over it. I feel that over all it is a good stage for Pit because of the platforms being used for wing renewal and the miny games are fairly easy and for the most part can be beaten by staying in the air.

Mario Bros. -Mario arcade-(Banned)
~Not sure if its a bad stage or not but Pits recovery doesn't matter at all so I would say a bad stage, it has the turtles that will block your arrows and give a very strong ranged to your opponent.

75m -DK arcade- (Banned)
~I think this is a banned stage and if it isn't it will be. Arrow control is hard here and and again your recovery is again very weak.

Not sure what do people think:

Jungle Japes -melee-

Big Blue -melee- (Banned?)

Rumble Falls (Banned?)

New Pork City (Banned?)

PictoChat (Banned?)

Summit (Banned?)

Distant Planet (Banned)

Mushroomy Kingdom (Banned?)

Port Town Aero Dive

Flat Zone 2 (Banned?)

Temple -melee- (Banned?)

Yoshi’s Island -melee-

Brinstar -melee-

Rainbow Cruise -melee-

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
I don't think so about the Shadow Moses stage. He can put his back against the wall and arrow spam all day long. If they move too close, forward b. If they try to come from above, up smash.

I think it is a pretty good stage for him.

Lin_

Smash Apprentice
Pit can't really kill in Shadow Moses unless the walls get knocked down. Plus he's light, so if you're going against someone like Ike who manages to punish just ONE of your mistakes, you're stuffed.
Oh, I always thought that Delfino was a pretty good place for Pit since he has better mobility in the air than the other characters, so whenever the stage rises I can go under it or whatever, just to confuse people.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Ya I was going to add Delfino onto the good list ill try your idea on Shadow Moses today if I can and get back 2 you

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Good

Green Hill Zone
~Controlling the checkpoints is very easy with arrows and the slope is just fun to glide over/with.

Delfino Plaza
~Neutral stage that can be spam happy in places. Using Glide Momentum to attack from beneath the stage is really fun.

Castle Siege
~Pit isn't nerfed by any of the thee transformations or the transitionary stage. In the end most character get annoyed by at least one thus allowing Pit to take control of the games pace.

Smashville
~An amazing stage to play with Pit's recovery. Spamming is pretty easy.

Battlefield
~Stages like this give way for Pit to use combos. Something he severely lacks on many stages. Nothing hurts Pit here either.

Final Destination
~Nowhere for your opponents to run. Spam and utilize your metagame to keep your opponent on the defensive and guessing. In the end Pit can control the pace here.

Sky World
~Good recovery is key and it's a very simple level when it comes to gliding around. Your up-tilt becomes an amazing damage builder here and thankfully the sturdy platforms don't get in the way of Arrow Spamming all that much.

Yoshi's Island
~Using glide momentum to hug the wall is fun and isn't something you can regularly do. The ghost platform oddly enough can protect you if you've lost your Up-B on occasion. While this isn't the poster-stage of good stages for Pit it's still good for him.

Bad

Corneria
~Pit is killed easily and the level doesn't benefit good recoveries.

Shadow Moses Island
~Difficult to kill.

Mario Circuit
~Platforms prevent aerial bombardment and nerfs arrows.

Luigi's Mansion
~Projectiles can become nerfed; kills are hard to get; roof protects against aerials.

Bridge of Eldin
~Glide is pretty much non-existent and kills tend to come hard here. On the other hand if Pit begins getting tossed around gayly through the air you could find yourself too close to the edge and become an easy kill. Arrow Spam is too predictable here and nearly any opponent can out camp your projectiles until the stage forces you to move.

Pirate Ship
~Pit can't swim for crap and the lack of a meteor doesn't help. Cannonballs can kill Pit easier then many other characters.

Lylat Cruise
~Platforms give opponents cover from aerial bombardment and projectiles.

Those are only the stages that I consider tournament legal.

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
i mostly agree except i personally hate yoshi's island =[... i just hate not being able to go understage to recover. oh and don't get grabbed on castle siege by falco. they'll chain throw you off the stage for a free stock lol.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Yeah I've changed my mind about Corneria and Luigi's Mansion. I still thin that Corneria's lack of recovery area hurts Pit, however a fast Pit can utilize the wall for both racking up damage and defense.

As for Luigi's Mansion? Screw arrows. Get in under the roof where you'll life for awhile. Once you start a combo in there your opponent won't escape before getting 30%+ done against him. Add in the fact that with proper DI you won't die until around 180%... The point here is you can rack up damage three times as fast with in Luigi's Mansion while controlling the pace of the fight without arrows. I'll get some matches up soon, but Pit is a beast on Luigi's Mansion. If you move faster then your opponent, you won't lose.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Sorry i havent been in for a while and you guy bring up a good point about those two stages (luigi's mansion, Corneria) i can see Luigi's mansion as a good stage, but that huge recovery gimp is a huge hit for pit on corneria. but he can get good damage off with his over b but any multi hitter like hits over b, pika down smash are easy to smash di out of from what i've seen from most players. Ill add Luigi's mansion to good stages but i think corneria is up for discussion.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Corneria is a level Pit can hide under the stage on. Reflecting Arwing and Wolfen lasers is remarkably easy too. Pit however doesn't have an Up-B to help him escape wall combos. And while his Angel Ring rocks the crap out of people on Corneria, a basic strategy of Up-Bing out of the combo, grabbing the ship's fin, then coming down with an aerial is there with some characters.

Here's the deal, it can be good or bad. It's an amazing stage for Pit if you utilize the entire stage. It's still an amazing stage if you counterpick a character to Corneria that has no instantaneous moves and can be comboed. (Also note always take Zamus here. If she starts on the fin all of her suit pieces roll down to you.) However if your opponent is better with comboing against walls and you are the type of player who always sticks to the lower portion you're screwed. That simple.

Fight in middle of stage and occasionally go to the edges while still using the wall to combo. - Amazing
Staying in the middle of the stage to utilize your recovery while reflecting lasers. - Great
Counterpicked character in order to combo them relentlessly. - Amazing
Opponent can combo as well as you but you stay in the center of the ship. - Average
You love the lower portion but your opponent is decent at comboing off the wall. - Terrible.

It all depends on how you play on Corneria. I personally only go there when I know I can out combo my opponent on the wall. My main source of competition is Samus as many of you know and she is great with wall combos. Her Up-B Screw Attack can cancel out the Angel Ring and the curve of the fin allows her to catch me in her Screw Attack every time. Still I find that Pit has the advantage down there and thus I do very well on Corneria.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Sorry for double posting but I fell this is pretty important tot he subject.

I've changed my mind about two more stages! lol I got my hands on Brawl for a half an hour today and went to work.

Lylat Cruise is AMAZING! Wing Renewal has never been so fluent! You can renew your aerials a at nearly any point on the three platforms overhead. Aerial combos can actually make use of Wing Renewal and I was able to chase my opponent after knocking him off the edge with an aerial attack (which was the end of a combo too) with just a short hesitation while going through the left platform. They're in the perfect spots too so that you always have a place to renew your wings! Seriously I've never laid out a beating with Pit like this before.

The next one isn't a biggie but I actually drowned my opponent with arrows. In one of my commentated matches I mentioned how I dreamt of drowning someone with arrows. And I did it! lol On Pirate Ship my opponent (Ike though I'm sure for this most characters can have this done to them) was flung off by that spring-board. He landed in the water and I preceded to peg him with arrows. He never actually submerged and before long he actually drowned from being in the water for too long. I really thought that if I did this to him each arrow would reset his swim-time but it didn't. I wasn't able to replicate this due to time restraints and the fact he wouldn't go back to that stage. Traveling under Pirate Ship while it's aloft in the air...? Priceless.

Norfair is too amazing. My track record there isn't very good but I know it's just perfect for Pit. Watch my Norfair matches online for some insight if you don't play there much.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Oh man, I know what you mean. Norfair can be astounding to play on as Pit. The platform setup allows so many things. Platform drops into F and B-airs. U-smashes or U-airs from underneath. Perfect setting for arrow spamming. And all the platforms are the right size for you to always be in position for an nonpunishable side-B. It's all too good.

Lylat Cruise huh, I haven't played there since learning Wing Renewal. I'll have to try it out.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Dude, if you want to see some fun matches check out my Norfair matches from th 31st. I actually watch them regularly.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Luigi's Mansion is a typical bad stage for him, with the annoying house preventing you from using arrows.
And Norfair is pretty good for Pit to manuver around, shoot some arrows, though the hazards aways was a pain unless you were good at dodging them.
And what about Frigate Orpheon?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Luigi's mansion is bad since you cant use your arrows with that annoying house around.
Norfair is pretty good for him to manuver around in, shoot some arrows occasionally.
But what about Frigate Orpheon?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Frigate Orpheon is going to banned regardless. I could care less. lol

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
i was counter picked against with luigi's mansion in my past tournament vs a lucario. just shoot the arrows when they're in the house and also the ceiling keeps your aerials low so it's not too bad. whenever you get hit DI UP AND HOLD L/R. it's really easy to stay alive inside the house at high %. pressuring them with your glide attack is a lot easier since they don't have much vertical space to dodge in.

what i'm trying to say is. it's not pit's best map but it's definitely not his worst. he gets a boost in priority with the help of the mansion actually.... for now.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Ya I almost drowned a pika on Delfino Plaza but the stage changed it was so close (cry) ya now that ive seen the wing renewal Lylat Cruise it has been a great stage that a kick *** on. can people consitantly drown on Pirate Ship i dont know how often that will come up to make it a good stage and ill add your post about Corneria you make a good point and also add Norfair to the good stages it works for the same basic reason *** Lylat Cruise.

Top Bottom