• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Off days what can you do?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
So I’ve started to notice a pattern in my game play that once every two-week or so I will have an off day in smash in which I will do completely terrible.

My playing speed, my mind games, and my own Meta game all go to hell.

It’s really ****ing annoying when this happens as I start catching myself making johns like (theses are thought’s I’ve had, I’m not actually saying this to anyone)

“God Marth is so broke that’s why he’s winning, I have more skill”

“If we didn’t have any lag I’ll win”

Poisonous thought like theses are very annoying and I know the arguments, which would put someone in their place if they said such things so I can’t help but hate this.

I know how hard my character is to use in the higher levels

I know the reasons why I choose my character over someone like Snake or Meta knight but yet when I start to suck *** my mind can’t help but make some excuse or blame somthing.

Hmmm, what do all of you do when you wish to play smash but are having a off day?

Grunt

Smash Master
I call it Epic lulz.
You and a friend team up against a lv 1 computer and see what wacky combos you can come up with.

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
Play less; you're probably just burning out after a long time of playing heavy regularly every day. That, or take the above's advice and do more lax stuff on a somewhat regular basis. Sometimes improvement just requires you to have your hands on the game doing anything (coming up with new combos vs. lvl 1 compies, for example), and not be grinding against opponents online or your friends all the time.

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
I totally agree - playing the game a lot more lax is not only an easy way to play (of course) but because you're not playing real people you aren't as shy about trying new things in your match - playing the computer can help you open up to experimentation like you otherwise wouldn't because, well, it's a computer and it doesn't matter if you loose.

Lol, I'm a geek,

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I throw the controller at the screen.

Actually, I just practice with CPUs. Start with a level 3 and move up to level 9, it's generally gone by then. :ohwell:

mzink*

Smash Ace
i usually just goof off and play teams with a friend against cpu's. just play relaxed games when you have days like that, or just play an easy level cpu and then stop to end on a good note. same thing happens to me

Newtwarrior

Smash Cadet
play some boss battles and take out frustrations ;)
best I do is take a break I some how do better after not playing for 2-3 days.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
play some boss battles and take out frustrations ;)
best I do is take a break I some how do better after not playing for 2-3 days.
Yeah, that's what I decide to do maybe work on some tech now and then but I'm planing to not play for a few days, besides I have pile of games I've been putting off ever since I got Brawl so I'll have something to do.

Thank you everyone for posting your help.

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
When your having off days you... Come on here and write threads just like this one.

No but seriously, you just screw around online, like run in circles, or avoid the player and play a little game of "catch me if you can... I'M TEH GINGER BREAD MAN", randomly use taunts and make the other player so angry he attempts to kill you but ends up killing himself.

Ørion

Smash Ace
When your having off days you... Come on here and write threads just like this one.

No but seriously, you just screw around online, like run in circles, or avoid the player and play a little game of "catch me if you can... I'M TEH GINGER BREAD MAN", randomly use taunts and make the other player so angry he attempts to kill you but ends up killing himself.
Lol i can see someone doing that. People would go crazy if someone did that.

ZSSamus

Smash Apprentice
ROFL. Off-days... That's a good way to alter a friendship. When my friends and I have SSBB tourneys If I lose unjustly (or fairly) I always blame it on items. That's why I usually turn them off, only Smash Balls and on a low setting.

Top Bottom