• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Odd Dreams/Nightmares

D

Deleted member

For some reason, most of my dreams end up with me dying, falling off a bridge, or running around in green hill zone. What are your dreams?

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
All random stuff. Hard to describe, but the dream always gets interrupted by me waking up. I hate those moments.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
A lot of my dreams revolve around with what's going in my mind at the time. Most of the time something really bad is happening but right before it gets worse I wake up.

Lately I've been having a lot of dreams about my Wii U getting destroyed. They generally involve one of my family members going in my room and somehow knocking stuff onto it causing it to break. I have a crappy Wii U setup (it's almost on the ground near my door, and my drawer that the TV is on is really old) so I tend to be very careful with it (which might be why I've been having these bad dreams).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's hard to describe to be honest. I get all kinds of dreams, and they mostly revolve around what's on my mind at the time. One in particular had me meeting several famous people, but I'm not sure if that's odd or not.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
I haved a dream I was in chips categorie in the grocery store and my mom was in the cash register she was telling me to hurry up because she was paying. But funny things is this real didnt happen when I was 10 or 12.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Dreams are bits and pieces of our days. Spend an entire day reading and watching about WWII for example and you'll likely have one dream influenced by that.

But don't worry. If you dream about being a penguin who's making the transition of living in Venus, it's normal. Dreams are mostly nonsense.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
A lot of my dreams involve women, most of whom I am either friends or aquaintances with. A lot are x-rated, and only pieces of what seems to be hours of time. But a larger majority recently have been rather odd. We are always in a scenario out of some fantasy world, book, or game and we are either almost always fighting to survive or my dream will begin in the middle of a time of peace in between action.

When I was younger I had some very consistent dreams of doing my morning chores and going off to school....and then I would wake up only to find that I had to do it all again, but this time ACTUALLY do it. I guess that would actually be a nightmare, not a dream.

During my entire life I've always had prescient dreams though. I mean I actually dream about future events and people I will meet sometimes weeks before it happens. It's quite awesome, but it's mixed in the with the regular out-there impossible dreams that have nothing to do with anything.....so it's hard to pinpoint which ones are to come true. Doesn't help that dreams seem to fade very fast, when you wake up it's like trying to catch smoke with your hands. By the time you think you remember it all it's dissipated.

The only way I know for sure is if I had recorded my dream right after waking up. When the event happens that I had dreamed about I will have a pretty intense feeling of deja vu and I'll check the dreams I had recorded or written down and it will be there in some form.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

During my entire life I've always had prescient dreams though. I mean I actually dream about future events and people I will meet sometimes weeks before it happens. It's quite awesome, but it's mixed in the with the regular out-there impossible dreams that have nothing to do with anything.....so it's hard to pinpoint which ones are to come true.
And I thought I was the only one with dreams of the future...

Swagmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
supersonicbros.2
Just random stuff, but one time in one of my dreams I could use the force. It was the coolest feeling ever.

GenNyan

Smash Ace
My dreams can only be defined as "Vague." They're almost always black and white, occasionally with a few shades of dark purple/green thrown in. When I think of people while awake, I don't characterize them by faces (I can't remember what anybody's eye color is, including my own), so in my dreams I know who is standing next to me, but I don't see their faces or physical bodies. Details are almost nonexistent. My dreams only involve one or two other people at a time (Still disembodied of course) and I'm not always in my own dreams. I rarely remember them when I wake up.

All random stuff. Hard to describe, but the dream always gets interrupted by me waking up. I hate those moments.
You're actually much more likely to remember a dream if its interrupted. Everybody dreams for hours a night during REM sleep, but some people are more/less apt to remember them. Setting your alarm clock to the same time every day (including weekends) can allow your body to end REM sleep before you wake up consistently and makes you feel much more rested. I'm not about that "Waking up early on weekends" life though.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
You're actually much more likely to remember a dream if its interrupted.
I'm opposite of that.
I'm not about that "Waking up early on weekends" life though.
I hear you...
Everybody dreams for hours a night during REM sleep, but some people are more/less apt to remember them. Setting your alarm clock to the same time every day (including weekends) can allow your body to end REM sleep before you wake up consistently and makes you feel much more rested.
Interesting... I guessed you researched...

Yogurt

Smash Cadet
they vary, I keep a dream journal with me but it usually ends up being stuff that's on my mind whether I realize it or not. The settings usually take place at night, and I tend to see a lot of streetlights....they also tend to take place a lot in the subway. I sometimes dream of UFOs or spirits, like I'm in a haunted version of a place I used to live in, which could be a metaphor in a sense. I tend to be by myself a lot in my dreams, and always going somewhere, they seem dystopian in a sense where everywhere feels empty and void of people but there's obvious traces of humanity. It's always interesting to look back on my dreams and try to draw some understanding about myself from them (they also make for good inspiration when I'm short on ideas for a school project ,_, ).

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
My dreams are usually just straight-up bizarre random mash-up crossovers of stuff I like.

For example, I once dreamed that the Wind Waker version of Ganondorf was invading Disneyland to unleash some kind of doomsday plan. Toon Link teamed up with Baymax and Hiro from Big Hero 6, and Soos from Gravity Falls in an attempted team to stop him. .....like I said, straight up-bizarre crossovers.

I rarely get nightmares , but they're usually a lot less weird. Worst one I ever had was when I was just a young child. I dreamed that my family had left me behind in a parking lot and drove away from it without me. The nightmare literally only lasted about 4 or 5 seconds, but I can remember seeing the car drive away and hearing myself shout "Wait!" before looking down in sadness and feeling horribly abandoned.

Thankfully, my family is truly loving and would never come anywhere near doing something like that. :grin: Regardless, it was still something pretty traumatic for someone as young as I was at the time I had it, even for a very short dream.

Last edited:

Toxicational

Smash Rookie
I once had this dream where I was running in some weird blackness, naked, trying to find a doorknob. I was surrounded by multiple versions of my cats meowing at me.

And I once had this dream about my first grade teacher being the devil.
I didn't like her very much.

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
most of my dreams aren't really about people. they're about inanimate objects. usually when i sleep i get a vision of something like a toilet seat or a toga; maybe twice a month i get dreams with some form of narrative and five to six times a month the only thing i can remember about my dreams is an object, like a peach or a chair in a dark room. the rest of the time i either don't have dreams or don't remember them. i don't think that's very common.

Last edited:

FairyGardens435

Smash Cadet
NNID
FAIRYWARS98
3DS FC
2810-1101-1258
This dream happened a long time ago, but I remember that it was about me going to some Chinese Food Place and there was a lady there that put the food that I wanted in a sytrofoam container.
I take the container, I hear my mom call, then I start walking away. What's weird is that the lady didn't seem bothered at all that I didn't pay for the food...

Most of my nightmares consist of things or people getting shot, or me being treated like a baby...

My mind is screwed up. Or maybe I watch too much shows on Investigation Discovery.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My dreams are weird. For the most part, I can fly, but I can't fly too high up or else I get scared. Not only can I fly, I can also turn myself invisible whenever I'm doing something mischievous or if I'm feeling vulnerable.

Other times, I feel paralyzed. Whenever I see something I want in dreams, I try to run towards it, but can't because my legs are paralyzed and it's difficult to move. Okay really, I can fly and become invisible, but I also get paralyzed?

My usual setting in my dreams are at school. High school in particular. I have no idea why - I'm 22 years old and I still dream about being in school. In those dreams, I either fail tests, refuse to talk to people because I think I'm cooler than them (that is not how I am in real life), or having no one to sit with in the cafeteria. So weird.

I rarely have nightmares anymore which is a good thing.

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
I mostly forget about my dreams a few minutes after I wake up, but there are a few that I remember, but only the last few minutes of it. I'll share with you some dreams that stick out and I could remember at the moment. I remember having this one short, but weird dream when I was little.

I woke up and I was greeted with a bunch of cheerleaders, practicing their cheering skills. My room was a mess and my house was enormous for some reason. I was a kid back then and I wasn't particularly fond of girls, so I just yelled at the cheerleaders to get out of my room. That's when I went back to sleep and woke up. Man, if I had that same dream but in my current age, it would've been a totally different story.

I also had this one dream that involved a crush I had in middle school. I was at a party with all my classmates. I was just sitting down and I realized my crush was sitting right next to me. I thought to myself that today is the day we will finally have an actual conversation and sure enough we did. After a couple of minutes, we were talking to each other like real friends. Unfortunately, something happened at the party (I don't remember what happened...) and soon, I woke up, realizing that everything that had just happened, never did.

The dreams I've been remembering lately involved amiibos. There was one where I found a Ness and a Captain Falcon and I could only afford one, so I paid for one of them and stole the other. There was even one where I somehow got into Nintendo headquarters and I was stuck in a room full of Wave 3 and 4 amiibos. I took one of each amiibo and attempted to somehow get out of the room with a bunch of amiibo boxes in my hands. Thinking about it though, a lot of my dreams involved me doing illegal stuff. Don't do what I do in my dreams kids.

Terumi

Smash Cadet
NNID
TerumixKokonoe
3DS FC
0104-2953-8205
Had a lucid dream. I was all like this is my dreams *******. Lucid dreaming is so fun near omnipotent being when you lucid dream :3.

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
Had a lucid dream. I was all like this is my dreams *******. Lucid dreaming is so fun near omnipotent being when you lucid dream :3.
Please don't write a fanfiction based off a lucid dream. I read one of those, and I haven't been the same sense.

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
Err... Robots don't dream right?
Sometimes I want to dream. It's uncommon, and by that I mean, it's not rare just not fully understood.
Usually I don't dream. I written down like 1 or 2 powerful dreams I had. (Meaning I could remember it in the morning and it was very moving.) I like to think it's my sub-conscience addressing unaddressed encounters of the Natural Cycle.
Dreams are weird.
Blood Types are weird.
Water is weird.
Light is weird.
Static is weird.
Bubbles are weird.
Virtual matter is something that is unaddressed.
World. Think. Mirror. Think. If I don't know you, i'll at least give a name and face to your mask. Sir-I-met-a-k-nite.
Thoughts are weird too.
Sometimes people put their passions on paper and that is an extension of thought. Cheers.
Piecing things together, just Puzzling indeed.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
This is an oddly specific thread.

Anyways, I've had a dream that made me come up with my username.

Top Bottom