• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

October 12th= pokemon reveal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Maybe they'll reveal the Smash-mon at tomorrows Nintendo Direct. No guarantees though.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it'll be the weekend of the 12th, but I think it would be nice if Lucario and Mewtwo were revealed at the same time, just to cut down the controversy... but Sakurai knows that and loves it when we get into heated debates on character reveals... XD

GaiusK

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-1306-5225
Maybe they'll reveal the Smash-mon at tomorrows Nintendo Direct. No guarantees though.
Most probably. I doubt there'll be even other Direct next week. But there's no details at all about tomorrow's direct, so we could also get something non-pokémon related.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
To be honest if Pokemon Trainer comes back I hope his name changes to Red and he gets final evos of the starters. I know some people are ok with the Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard tag team, but I personally think final evos of the starters would probably represent the Pokemon series a little better. Also I don't see both Lucario and Mewtwo both coming in mostly because I think the Pokemon reps in smash are starting to follow the 6 Pokemon rule (Brawl had 6 playable Pokemon all together). So assuming Pikachu, Jiggz and Pokemon Trainers 3 starters all return I assume either Lucario or Mewtwo will be chosen.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
If they reveal a Pokemon character in tomorrow's direct then we just got two characters in less than a week. I hope we do get a character tomorrow but I really doubt it. Plus, Smash isn't even a game launching this year. The direct probably gonna direct some promotion to the newly released Windwaker HD, get us hyped for Pokemon X/Y by showing new Pokemon and final starter evolution, reveal more info about Wii Party U, Sonic Lost World, Zelda A Link Between Worlds, Mario 3D World, and DKCR tropical freeze. And lastly, the major Wii U update. I hope we finally get the N64 and GBA games that we were promised on the VC.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I'm going to make a totally random guess and say that Bianca will be the revealed newcomer and that she'll have Pichu, Jigglypuff, and a Gen 5 Pokemon on her team!

That way, we get a Veteran and newcomer. It's win-win! XD

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to make a totally random guess and say that Bianca will be the revealed newcomer and that she'll have Pichu, Jigglypuff, and a Gen 5 Pokemon on her team!

That way, we get a Veteran and newcomer. It's win-win! XD

Jiggz user will scream when they see Jiggypuff affected by stamina.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Ah, but who's to say stamina will return? Sakurai may have removed it, like tripping.

GaiusK

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-1306-5225
Well. That was... unexpected, kinda. Kinda early for Sonic. Generally speaking, is there any chance for another Direct next week?
We've got Nintendo Directs two days in a row so everything is possible, and there were no details at all on Pokémon (except for the already known release date), so it seems there'll still be a Pokémon Direct sometime near.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Today further cements that there will be a Pokemon reveal next week by showing that Nintendo is indeed showing a character with every major game release for the 3DS and Wii U. Now we just wait a week and a half to see who it is...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
In another form i predicted these 2 would be confirmed in october :sonic::mewtwomelee:

If mewtwos the one to presents for x and y when the pokemon character is confirmed what do i win

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I think its going to be October 14th since Saturday is the 12th. Who knows they might release a character on the weekends
They never revealed updates on weekends during Brawl's development

I really don't think Lucario will return. He's two generations behind, and he's not really "hot in the movies" like Sakurai has talked about. Mewtwo has a higher chance because he was the first mega evolution to be revealed and there's an upcoming Pokemon movie centered on Mewtwo.
Lucario is popular within the series, advertised HEAVILY in the anime and games, and is the later generation's mascot. I don't see how Lucario would get cut because he's two generations behind. Might as well cut Pokemon Trainer and Jiggs because they're MULTIPLE generations behind, but that'll be a stupid reason

I'm willing to put my money on either Lucario (to troll the Mewtwo fans and get the Lucario fans back), or Pokemon Trainer. They can save Mewtwo for later on before the game's out

GaiusK

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-1306-5225
Well we probably shouldn't over consider but maybe we will be both right and wrong about pokemon trainer coming back

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/02/this-is-what-mega-charizard-looks-like-in-pokemon-x-y

Charizard has 2 mega forma so charizard could come alone but squirtle and ivysaur should be fine squrtle ivysaur and charizard is likely to still be a bundle
I am hoping that both Venasaur and Blastoise get an exclusive mega evolution per version too, but that's another case. I won't deny that I would play the hell out of Charizard X.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Guys, what if Mewtwo gets held off until February 6th?
(If he is playable that is, which I hope he is)
Then that's incredibly trolly of Sakurai (how typical!), albeit genius.

He won't though! I'm really hoping for Mewtwo Friday as opposed to PT who I expect.

I gotta believe!!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
The only Pokemon characters that could build hype, from my POV, are MEWTWO with his grand return and Mega Evolution hype-bringer, or POKEMON TRAINER after people already (unfairly) considered him a cut character... Not to mention for being the 2nd most iconic character in the franchise, who just happens to own one of the/if not most popular pokemon ever (...who ALSO happens to have a Mega Evolution form).

So yeah, it has to be either Mewtwo or PT in order for it to be a hype builder.

I think everyone is sure Jigglypuff will be back, there's no doubt about it. And I'm sure Lucario will be back as well, but he'll be kept a hidden character just to get people nervous. :D

As for the 12th... It's a coin toss. I really want it to be PT, but I'm almost sure it'll be Mewtwo.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
With the three legionaries leaked for X and Y, I can guarantee that if there were to be a legendary Pokemon, It'd be Mewtwo (in some form or another). The X + Y legionaries are too large and too their designs are too wonky to be put into any fighting style game whatsoever. So the next big legendary would probably be Mewtwo. The new Charizards and other mega-ultions will probably be put into a Pokemon trainer style character...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Okay, since we're closing in on the date, I'm just gonna drop my final thoughts.

I'm hoping for Pokémon Trainer, 3 characters in one package, and I'm dying to see how all three Pokémons look since their X & Y models are great. Plus, I really don't want to hear about people thinking he has a chance of getting cut because of technical limiations anymore, and I certainly don't want to hear about other trainers taking his place either, since neither is likely.

Wouldn't mind Mewtwo either, and I'd actually like to see Jigglypuff too, and I'd still be happy with either of these. Only one that I'd find a bit underwhelming of the possible Pokémon characters is Lucario, always found him boring, both in Pokémon and in Smash Bros. I'm expecting all of these characters to be in the game anyways, so right now it's just a matter of who I want to see first, and that's Pokémon Trainer.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Sakurai doesn't really understand how hype works...he's just revealing obvious veterans to bore people slowly, and when he finally decides to get off his lazy *** and reveal a newcomer, everyone will have lost a lot of interest in the game. We should've gotten a newcomer reveal a week after the e# Trailer, for god's sake!
Well not after a week of E3 but I would have liked a new character to be shown sometime this year. To be honest, I rather Sakurai post about this game when it's closer to release. That's one thing I hate is that this game is such a long ways off. I rather get my information the closer the game is to being released. But that's just me.

Morbi

Scavenger
Am I the only one who doesn't like Pokemon Trainer?
No. I am with you, good sir. I do not like the idea of Pokemon Trainer at all. I don't like that he isn't Red. I don't really like the way the Pokemon were selected. I don't like how he takes up 4 characters to develop. I don't like how he could potential steal the slot of a more worthy or fun candidate. I don't like how he plays. I just don't like him.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
There are many people who are placing bets on Jigglypuff being revealed, so I'll just give my honest opnion here:

I like Jigglypuff, and I want her to be in the new Smash Bros. But to be revealed for the new gem over someone much more worthy or hype building like Mewtwo or Pokemon trainer is ridiculous. If jiggly is announced, it should coincide with a pokemon spinoff game, because if she's revealed for X and Y, then I highly doubt we will get either Mewtwo or Pokemon Trainer until far into next year.

Or you know, Sakurai could give us nothing. He really is spoiling us with Peach, Toon Link, and Sonic's reveal being so close together.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Okay, since we're closing in on the date, I'm just gonna drop my final thoughts.

I'm hoping for Pokémon Trainer, 3 characters in one package, and I'm dying to see how all three Pokémons look since their X & Y models are great. Plus, I really don't want to hear about people thinking he has a chance of getting cut because of technical limiations anymore, and I certainly don't want to hear about other trainers taking his place either, since neither is likely.

Wouldn't mind Mewtwo either, and I'd actually like to see Jigglypuff too, and I'd still be happy with either of these. Only one that I'd find a bit underwhelming of the possible Pokémon characters is Lucario, always found him boring, both in Pokémon and in Smash Bros. I'm expecting all of these characters to be in the game anyways, so right now it's just a matter of who I want to see first, and that's Pokémon Trainer.
I agree with all of this. Each character brings in a specific type of hype, which I believe is as follows:

Pokemon Trainer - The "true" face of Pokemon, as well as being a promotional character in correlation with both the XY hype train, and the Origins special, for which the dub is due to launch about a week after X/Y's release (in other words, next Saturday). Of course, there's also the sweet satisfaction of seeing multi/transformation characters not being an issue for the 3DS.

Mewtwo - The prodigal son returns. Pretty much has all the reasoning of the others rolled up into one (Origins/XY promotion/veteran status/almost unanimously agreed most wanted character now that Mega Man and Sonic are out of the way).

Jigglypuff - Would solidify the "Original 12" status is indeed a thing, and to be completely honest, it would just be fantastic to shove all the recency/relevance/low priority in Brawl arguments up all her detractors' glory holes. They could even make her moveset reflect her new Fairy typing, or at least make her the beast she was in Melee once more.

Lucario - Would prove that the "flavor of the month" theory isn't true, and that it's still both one of the most promoted and favorite Pokemon 2 generations after its debut, as well as making most nincompoops see that it's not just Gen I being represented. Admittedly, I'd want him to have a total re-haul/actually fight like a Fighting type this time around rather than taking the movie's AURA EVERYTHING approach to it.

Morbi

Scavenger
I agree with all of this. Each character brings in a specific type of hype, which I believe is as follows:

Pokemon Trainer - The "true" face of Pokemon, as well as being a promotional character in correlation with both the XY hype train, and the Origins special, for which the dub is due to launch about a week after X/Y's release (in other words, next Saturday). Of course, there's also the sweet satisfaction of seeing multi/transformation characters not being an issue for the 3DS.

Mewtwo - The prodigal son returns. Pretty much has all the reasoning of the others rolled up into one (Origins/XY promotion/veteran status/almost unanimously agreed most wanted character now that Mega Man and Sonic are out of the way).

Jigglypuff - Would solidify the "Original 12" status is indeed a thing, and to be completely honest, it would just be fantastic to shove all the recency/relevance/low priority in Brawl arguments up all her detractors' glory holes. They could even make her moveset reflect her new Fairy typing, or at least make her the beast she was in Melee once more.

Lucario - Would prove that the "flavor of the month" theory isn't true, and that it's still both one of the most promoted and favorite Pokemon 2 generations after its debut, as well as making most nincompoops see that it's not just Gen I being represented. Admittedly, I'd want him to have a total re-haul/actually fight like a Fighting type this time around rather than taking the movie's AURA EVERYTHING approach to it.
So essentially any Pokemon character would suffice? I agree with that sentiment. It is actually why I think Jigglpuff has a great chance. Not many people think that she would be a hype reveal for Pokemon X and Y. However, we already have two very hype reveals (Mega Man and Sonic) not to mention crazy reveals like Wii Fit Trainer and Toon Link. So I think he might want to tame some of these reveals. An obvious Pokemon for a standard reveal. Save the big guns for later. We already have a hype train going. Adding Mewtwo might de-rail the train.

However, in all honesty, I want Pokemon Trainer to be revealed. This would most certainly allude to the progress of the game more than any other reveal would. I am one of his biggest haters, so I would love to see myself proven wrong. If that indeed means that Sakurai cut 3 or 4 characters to make Pokemon Trainer happen. I am seriously done with the franchise. Mostly because I cannot stand incompetence. The flip side is... if Pokemon Trainer and all Brawl veterans make it back, I will praise the game. I will probably never second guess Sora Ltd. again.

If we are just going on sheer hype. Charizard/Pokemon Trainer are great reveals options. I think that there might be more than that going on though. Just a suspicion. I do predict Jigglypuff though. Even though I want Pokemon Trainer.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Pokémon Trainer and Mewtwo seem to be the two most obvious reveals since they're the ones who have been milked the most in promotion for X & Y, and they both have a special and movie coming out respectively. I think it's going to be PT, because as Morbid says, revealing Mewtwo would simply be blowing the two veterans that cause the biggest hype at once. PT has all three Kanto starters too, so he has like triple the reason to be revealed. Jigglypuff and Lucario, while present in X & Y and having new mechanics to them, don't seem like as good choices to advertise the game with since their importance isn't there as much as the other two, and they can easily be saved for later.

Though we of course also have to take into consideration what characters are done and what ones aren't. Jigglypuff is likely not one of the top priority characters, and that's not because she isn't important, but because she's such an easy character to make late in development. I can see Pokémon Trainer being of high priority in order to figure out how to make him work best. Mewtwo is likely high priority simply because of the enormous demand. Lucario could possibly be of lower priority, since he's not as prominent as the others and isn't easy to make either. Of course that doesn't mean he has a chance of getting cut, just likely that they haven't gotten quite around to finishing him yet. Anyways, this last part of the post is just theorizing.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
No. I am with you, good sir. I do not like the idea of Pokemon Trainer at all. I don't like that he isn't Red. I don't really like the way the Pokemon were selected. I don't like how he takes up 4 characters to develop. I don't like how he could potential steal the slot of a more worthy or fun candidate. I don't like how he plays. I just don't like him.

Dude...I...I...liked you.....but....now..you..let...me......down...

I want Jigglypuff to die in a violent fire so Im just going to say that I hope and pray for a Mewtwo reveal

Never talk about Jiggly that way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom