• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West {Oct 24, 2015} WiiU Custom moves... (700 alquire Parkway. Hayward, Ca. 94544)

{Oct 24, 2015} WiiU Custom moves... (700 alquire Parkway. Hayward, Ca. 94544)
Posted by kafurie1
700 alquire Parkway. Hayward, Ca. 94544
Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 10:00 AM
Until: Saturday, October 24, 2015 - 08:18 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

kafurie1

Smash Rookie
700 alquire Parkway. Hayward, Ca. 94544
10am on October 24. for all ages

Tournament Rules
- bring your own controller
- 2 man stock
- custom moves allowed
- best of 3 rounds
- Loser of round can change character
-Coin toss for first person to choose stage, loser chooses next stage, but winner can choose to ban a stage as well

5$ entry fee

Prizes
-TBA

the neutral stages are:

-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Delano Plaza
-Skyloft
-Lylat cruise
-Castle seige
-Town and City
-Smashville
-Boxing Ring
-Dream Land 64
-Miiverse
-Suzaku Castle
-Anything Omega

Also any stage that is not on this list, but both parties want to fight on is also acceptable, but both parties must accept

Last edited:

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Hey there guys and gals!

We just noticed that the page we made for smashboards.com was not be displayed properly.......

Regardless, here we go! Here is the 3rd monthly smash up here in Hayward. Hopefully it's not too late of a notice, but who will be going?

Also what do you guys want to see? We can do some 2-v-2, amiibo ****-fights, what ever you'd like to see, leave a post. if it gets enough interest, we'll do it! There have been several people asking about 2-v-2, so we're thinking of doing that after the 1-v-1.

What are your thoughts?

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Awesome! Also The prizes are standard: cash generated prize, amiibo, and gift card, but what type of gift card would you guys like to try to win?

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
So last time there were about 44 contenders, and I hope there will be an equivalent turn out.... I have no idea if anyone can see these : / I keep getting told that this page is still in the moderation queue and the public can't see it....... but yet over 100 people have seen this thread supposedly.

ImmortalFox408

Smash Rookie
Awesome! Also The prizes are standard: cash generated prize, amiibo, and gift card, but what type of gift card would you guys like to try to win?
Games top or Target would be cool and do you guys happen to know if there will be a break half way through? And can we bring our DS for the customs?

Last edited:

kafurie1

Smash Rookie
Games top or Target would be cool and do you guys happen to know if there will be a break half way through? And can we bring our DS for the customs?
bring your DS for customs is completly fine, infact our first time we did this the save data was lost and wehad to use DS for the customs, just make sure it has no stat badges.

as for the break this last time since we had a good amount of people came, and we wanted to make sure we got thru both winners and lossers brackets. we ended up just going off of when other people wanted to take a break, but nobody really said anything about it.
but i'll post it here if it becomes a set time or something.

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
If there are 40+ combatants like last time we will do as last time. Just tell me that you need one and I'll hold your match off untill you get back. If there's less like the first time then yes we will. it'd be at about 3

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
Sounds like a good time, I'll probably go, but why are Boxing Ring and Suzaku Castle not banned? What are Delfino, Lylat, Castle, and Skyloft doing as neutrals and not counterpicks? Does banning FD ban omega's? Where's duck hunt as a counter-pick? Is there a time limit on the matches? Can we pick different custom sets?

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Sounds like a good time, I'll probably go, but why are Boxing Ring and Suzaku Castle not banned? What are Delfino, Lylat, Castle, and Skyloft doing as neutrals and not counterpicks? Does banning FD ban omega's? Where's duck hunt as a counter-pick? Is there a time limit on the matches? Can we pick different custom sets?
1. I think your right about the boxing ring, that will be banned, and this page will be fixed, as for Suzaku castle, there are no stage hazards. Yes it's unusual, but that isn't a bad thing.

2. Those stages are neutrals, because it's not only easier to explain the chosing system to people, but we are also semi-new to doing tournaments. We're currently trying to keep that friendly feel. As these tournaments expand in size, we will be incorporating those rules. Last time almost 45 people entered.

3. No banning one stage bans that stage and its omegas. Different omega stages have different lips and understages, making them different.

4. Duck hunt will be added. My bro, (The guy who made this post) had to remake the his profile and post, so errors were made.

5. No Time limit, just to the death. We haven't encountered anyone who camps so hard we needed to implement a time rule...yet...

6. Different custom moves yes, custom items no

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869

Also if you main Ganon please come just for that. My close friend mains ganon, and it'd be awesome to see all those fists and boots being thrown.

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
Also if you main Ganon please come just for that. My close friend mains ganon, and it'd be awesome to see all those fists and boots being thrown.
Sure, that seems fun, Ganon dittos always are! Oh, and Suzaku castle's a little iffy because the right side's a walkoff, but I'll adjust.

I'm cool with all this though, excited to see a local pop up a BART ride away.

Last edited:

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Sure, that seems fun, Ganon dittos always are! Oh, and Suzaku castle's a little iffy because the right side's a walkoff, but I'll adjust.

I'm cool with all this though, excited to see a local pop up a BART ride away.
I agree that the walk off death zones are real chode, but they can also be used to your advantage. Honestly though everyone seems to talk about a common stage in the beginning, and It's usualy FD. You can see gameplay of the last two tournaments we held here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCffa0xetiRuhO82CLzShCew

As for the bart, we're real close to that! The nearest bart is south Hayward, I'm just a little south of that. Go towards the holiday Bowl sign once you get near a more main street, and we'll be up a bit on industrial (It turns into Alquire)

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
So one of my friends that was helping out by bringing a tv and system, seems to be MIA and just not responding to me. Could someone please bring a tv and system? We currently have 2, but they are for the main tournament. If someone could help, please leave a post so I don't have to worry all the way up to the event. Thank you!

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Might be able to bring a system, probably not a TV though
If you can secure the system, I'll work on finding another tv. Also let's hope more people see this, it's only monday

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
So update time!

Prizes will be 3rd amiibo, 2nd 35$ gamestop card, 1st cash generated prize

Also I will bring water and food, so make sure to bring an extra buck! (I'm thinking of picking up water and donuts / something cheap and easy) Any one have any ideas on something better to bring? I'll try to bring it.

The Sacred Stoner

Smash Rookie
NNID
Alan217
Does the tournament start at 10 am flat, or is that just when most people are gonna get there like last time?

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Does the tournament start at 10 am flat, or is that just when most people are gonna get there like last time?
Free play will start at 10 am. Lol last time we accidently over slept.....sooooo hopefully this time its all set up by then :)

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
1- None.
2 - Clubhouse within the condo community that I live in. t can fit about 70 people.

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Might be able to bring a system, probably not a TV though
Any news on securing the system? I've got a tv ready for your system. I'd also be willing to pick you up from bart, just let me know!

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
allrighty fellow smashers, I will be taking the rest of today to get tomorrow ready, so if anyone has questions for me, please call me on my cell. 510-259-8465

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
Any news on securing the system? I've got a tv ready for your system. I'd also be willing to pick you up from bart, just let me know!
Should be able to get a confirmation by 2PM today, 90% chance RN

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
Yeah let me know. With that system we would be able to have continual free play
Cool, I will say that one of the slots in the gamecube adapter is broken so it can´t do teams unless someone is up for using gamepad/3DS/wii thingy

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Cool, I will say that one of the slots in the gamecube adapter is broken so it can´t do teams unless someone is up for using gamepad/3DS/wii thingy

Lol there will be 3ds users. The last two tournament winners were 3ds players..... (I never would have seen that coming) But I also have an extra GC adapter

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
10 AM hopefully but I might be a bit late, 10:30 seems like a safe estimate

SE ׀ Justin

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bamo01
3DS FC
0490-5952-1832
Good Games once again.
Thanks to Nazca (Ben) for being an awesome doubles partner!

Last edited:

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
10 AM hopefully but I might be a bit late, 10:30 seems like a safe estimate

ummm. What happened? I'm guessing you had your days off? regardless, I hope to see you there next time

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Great game everybody! It was a blast doing another one of these tournaments. There were 30 videos created, and I'll edit a couple of them today, but I seem to have gotten sick, and I'm really just thinking about sleep.

On a side note, at previous tournaments I was asked to bring food, and this time I brought doughnuts and fruit, but no one was really into that. Should I bring food to another, and if so what would be ideal? I'm guessing pizza, it would be sold nearly at cost as I'm not looking to make profit, just make what I spend back.

Top Bottom