• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Oct. 18th, 2014] Don't Get Rekt! Auburn, AL ~ PM, Melee, Brawl, Smash 4~

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman

Don't Get Rekt
October 18th, 2014
Auburn, AL

~Presented By~

Links:

Venue:
  1. Address:
2555 Hilton Garden Dr, Auburn, AL 36830
(334) 502-3500
Hoteel Class: 4 stars

Events:

Fees:
$5 Door Fee
$5 Brawl
$5 Project Melee
$5 Melee
$5 Smash 4 3DS

Pay Out:
1st place 60%
2nd place 30%
3rd place 10%

Schedule:
[Organizer has the right to change event times]
10:00 am Doors Open
11:00-12:30 Registration

1:00 pm Project M
2:00 pm Super Smash Bros Melee
3:00 pm Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Super
4:00 pm Smash 4 3DS
5:00 pm

10:00 pm leave venue

Food:
There will be a snack bar at the venue, to my knowledge at this moment it will range from things like pizza and cookies all the way to house cooked ramen by one of our club members. Also there are a few restaurants within walking distance and one exit down there is a shopping center with even more food.
Housing:
I can provide housing for a good number of folks if they don't mind sleeping on the floor. Let me know if you need any for Friday or Saturday night. Send me a message on Smashboards or Facebook

Rules:

General
* All ejections or disqualifications due to violations of the Code of Conduct or individual game rules will be without refund.
* No alcohol or illegal substances inside the venue. Getting caught with these items or evidence of the presence of these items will result in disqualification from the event and eviction from the venue.
* No fighting or weaponry inside the venue. Throwing controllers or acting in a way that could pose a danger to other players will result in disqualification from the event and eviction from the venue.
* No coaching in-game of a set. The TO reserves the right to disqualify players for either coaching or receiving in-game coaching during a set.

* All disqualifications due to tardiness will be complete DQs, meaning the disqualified player will be removed from both winners and losers bracket, or removed from the entire event if late for a pools match.
* The TO is granted license to use any and all types of video that you may be present in at the event, including camera recordings, livestream broadcasts, and captured gameplay footage.
* The TO is granted license to photograph your image, likeness, or depiction at the event, and you waive any claim for compensation for the event’s use or publication of photographs taken of you.
* The TO reserves the right to deny entry into the tournament to any player suspected of committing anything considered a crime or acting in a manner that is detrimental to the integrity of the event.
* The TO reserves the right to deny payout from event winnings to any player suspected of intentionally throwing a match, or committing any other form of bracket manipulation.
* The TO reserves the right to settle any unforeseen situations that may occur, and his judgment is final. In extreme situations, rules may be altered between phases of a tournament in the best interests of the event.
Project M Ruleset:
* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer.
* All items set to OFF and item frequency set to NONE.
* Input Assist set to OFF.
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Dave’s Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* The TO staff reserves the right to change rulesets accordingly in the event of a new release at least two weeks before the tournament.

Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in “1221″ fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage

Stagelist:

Starter
Battlefield
Dreamland
Green Hill Zone
Pokémon Stadium 2
Smashville

Counterpick
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Lylat Cruise
Skyworld
Wario Ware, Inc.
Yoshi's Island: Brawl

After each match:
1. Winner announces two (2) stage bans
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Melee Ruleset
* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer.
* Items OFF.
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Master Hand is banned.
* Wobbling is banned.
* Stalling with Jigglypuff’s Rising Pound or Peach’s Wall Bomber is banned.
* Glitches such as Ice Climbers’s Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner are banned.
* Dave’s Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.

Stage Strike from Neutrals for the first match of the set in “1221″ fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.

Stagelist:

Neutral (Singles)
Battlefield
Yoshi’s Story
Dream Land
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick (Singles)

Pokemon Stadium

Neutral (Doubles)

Battlefield
Yoshi’s Story
Dream Land
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick (Doubles)

Kongo Jungle 64

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban (except in best-of-5 sets)
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character​

Brawl
3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit
Items set to “Off” and “None”
Pause set to “Off”
Meta Knight’s infinite dimensional cape tactic is banned.
All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
There is a 35 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterrupted moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
If the match ends with both players dying at the same time coincidentally, or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 15 is used for all characters.
If a match is ended via suicide move, the initiator of the move wins.
Any coaching that happens during the match (but not in between matches) is restricted. Players who violate this rule will receive a warning (BOTH the player AND the person coaching the player) on the first attempt. Players who violate this rule after a warning will be disqualified from the event and a possible ejection from the venue.
Players are to attend their matches at the designated times they are called. If you are late to a match, the following rules will be applied based on the amount of time:
If you are 5 minutes late: Results in a match loss
If you are 10 minutes late: Results in a set loss
These times will be strictly enforced to make sure that each player will enjoy the full event on a timely manner

Set Procedure

Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-2-1 (Team 1 strikes one stage, followed by Team 2 striking two stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
The first match is played.
The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
The Team that won the previous match may announce one “Stage Ban” if they have not already done so in this set.
The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counter-pick Stage List. Any Stage named as a “Stage Ban” by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
The next match is played.
Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

Determining Player Priority
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams will use a random method such as Rock-Paper-Scissors, Coin Flip, or Game and Watch Judgment, where the winner selects either first choice in port selection or first choice in stage striking. Whichever team does not receive first choice in port selection will be compensated with first choice in stage striking.

Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).

Stage List

Starters

Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks

Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege

Conduct Rules

DSR: A player/team may not counter-pick to the stage they have won on in the current set.
Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it. This rule takes priority over DSR
No scrooging (player may travel under the stage only once from the ledge)
“Traveling under the stage once from the ledge” is defined as dropping off the ledge on one side of the stage and reaching the height of the original ledge on the other side of the stage.
When one of the players is attacked by the other and takes damage, the “no scrooging” rule does not apply.
The moving platform on Smashville or any platform that is not the main stage (Battlefield platforms, Castle Siege platforms, etc.) are considered to be equivalent to a ledge, i.e. if a player starts from the moving platform on one side of the stage and travels beneath the stage to the ledge/platform on the opposite side of the stage, the player may not travel beneath the stage back to the ledge/moving platform on the opposite side before until he lands back on the platform.
If a player is found to be performing the act of scrooging by a tournament organizer (by his/her discretion), the player will forfeit that match.
In the event pause is left on accidentally and is pressed, immediately call over the TO. Based upon their judgment, the situation will be resolved. If your situation is neutral [players are not in combat], the match will be resumed as if the pause had not occurred. If your situation is advantageous to one individual and the player in the disadvantageous situation paused, the disadvantaged player will be either placed in a grab or onto the ledge of the stage. If a player in a death situation [Chain grabs, Grab releases, Jab-locks to a kill move, etc] paused while in a death situation, the current stock is forfeited immediately. If you unpause before the TO reaches the station, the player that unpaused losses a stock.
Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you’re using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
Any hacks, including (but not limited to) textures, music, and model changes are not allowed unless approved by tournament organizer.
Smash 4 3DS
Smash 4 Ruleset:

2 stock
6 minutes for singles. Best of 3, finals best of 5.
Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick:
Prism Tower
Final Destination (Omega Forms)

No Stage bans
First stage picked by striking from neutrals.
All Custom Moves legal
Miis Legal
Equipment banned

Last edited:

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
What will the format be fore each event?

Pools> bracket, Swiss for 3DS?

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
It's all depending on the size as of now the bigger tournaments will be bracket pools and smaller ones like brawl and smash 3ds will be round robin

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
It's might end up all being bracket pools, but I just want to make sure everyone gets their money's worth

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
We are considering doubles now. Right now it is leaning to the yes side. As long as it doesn't interfere with the time schedule

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Hmm... this is highly affordable. I'm pretty tempted to head down for this (edit: hopefully with a couple friends).

Also, I assume this was intentionally scheduled during a bye week for Auburn football. Probably a wise call!

Last edited:

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Sooo, it turns out that this is the day that we play A&M. My promises to bring a car from Tuscaloosa was a lie. We'll try to make the next one!

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Sooo, it turns out that this is the day that we play A&M. My promises to bring a car from Tuscaloosa was a lie. We'll try to make the next one!
I can respect that. I'm only thinking about coming down from ATL because Tech's away that Saturday. Gotta fill the stands!

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to hear that Tuscaloosa can't make it, cya next time. But yes we did plan this around an off week for football, but it is really hard trying to plan around multiple colleges x.x

whatsoup

Smash Rookie
I should definitely be able to go. It'll be my first tournament so I'm excited about getting bodied.

Will this be streamed anywhere?

Last edited:

Holla

Smash Rookie
Me and 2-3 of my friends will be there from Samford. Looking forward to my first big tourney

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
I am so hyped for this right now. Hope alot of people can come out and support. I just want everyone to have a great time :D.

TimepilotChkn

Smash Rookie
I am a go for this. Trying to get a friend to commit to come as well. Pumped, haven't had any competitive play w/ people I don't regularly play with in a while.

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm must've changed it when I put the twitter link in....ill fix that thx for the heads up

Alright fixed the links, something happened to them last time I edited this post thx Serin for the headsup

Last edited:

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
:ATTENTION: The venue of the tournament has changed, basically the other venue cancelled on me 3 days before the event. But do not be dissuaded I already had a back up venue, so all is good everything else is staying the same. Please if you know anyone who would benefit from this post let them know. Thanks and see you Saturday

Smoof

Smash Cadet
NNID
SmashMastr98
3DS FC
1332-7766-7726
Ok so this will be my first Tournement. I'll be there for sure this Saturday and hope this Smash Competive thing works out. Where exaclty is the new Venue located near?

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
Its right off the Bent Creek Road Exit in Auburn, so one exit down frrom Tigertown if you are coming from the Atlanta direction. There is a Sams Club, Academy, Waffle House, and Wendy's all there. Its also the only Hotel at that exit so its hard to miss. Its the Hilton Garden Inn

Smoof

Smash Cadet
NNID
SmashMastr98
3DS FC
1332-7766-7726
Yeah came by it today looks like a great place. lol I kinda prefer it over the Holiday Inn that was the original Venue

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Its right off the Bent Creek Road Exit in Auburn, so one exit down frrom Tigertown if you are coming from the Atlanta direction. There is a Sams Club, Academy, Waffle House, and Wendy's all there. Its also the only Hotel at that exit so its hard to miss. Its the Hilton Garden Inn
WaHo sounds like a good way to end a day of Smash!

Top Bottom