• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Oct 11, 2014] Keroro Platoon Presents: Smash Sign "Alpha Combustion" (Lexington, KY)

KERO

Smash Journeyman

Here it is, Kentucky's first official Super Smash Bros. for 3DS tournament (along with Overswarm's). Will we now see the various factions of KY finally face off all at once?! Will the skilled veterans still prevail or has this new game brought the tools that will allow a dark horse to finally shine? Perhaps even a newcomer will shock all of us as he or she blazes through the bracket! That will all be seen here as Kentucky's Smash 4 scene ignites!

Student Center
Room 359

Address:
404 S Limestone
Lexington, KY

Events:
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Singles
($5)
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Doubles ($10 per team)

Schedule:
Registration for singles and doubles (1:00 P.M. to 2:30 P.M.)
Doubles Swiss (3:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M.)
Singles Swiss (4:00 P.M. to 7:30 P.M.)
Doubles Bracket (6:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M.)
Singles Bracket (8:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.

Housing:
Although the tournament will finish fairly early, for those interested in housing, we have a couple of players in Lexington that might be willing to house you.

Food:
There are plenty of restaurants around campus, such as Chipotle, Raising Canes, Jimmy Johns, and Fazolis.

Rules:
- This will be a Swiss Tournament style for both singles and doubles. The top 4 in doubles will advance to a double elimination bracket. The top 8 in singles will advance to a double elimination bracket.
- Team Attack ON
- If a player's 3DS loses power, he or she automatically forfeits that game (but not the set).
- If wireless interference occurs during a match, the game will be restarted.
- If a player deliberately turns off their 3DS during a match or causes interference during a match, he or she will forfeit the set.
- Custom Specials are legal.
- Custom Attributes are banned.
- As of right now, all Mii characters are allowed EXCEPT for Miis considered profane (depictions of genitalia, etc.,). Just be mature about it, and you should be fine.

- Players are to be facing each other during a match within an arm's reach of each other during a set (we may be more lenient on this as information regarding the wireless stability of the game becomes available).
-Players who fail to report to their match within 10 minutes of it being announced will lose their first game of the match. After 15 minutes without reporting to their match, players will be disqualified from the tournament.
- Coaching is allowed only between games, not during.
- Bracket matches take priority over friendlies and money matches. The TO reserves the right to prematurely end any match.
- Bring your own 3DS.
- Pause can be requested off and that request cannot be denied. If one pauses mid-match, the person who initiated the pause loses their current stock. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock (such as interfering with recovery), the person who initiated the pause loses two stocks. If there is any doubt in the ruling of a pausing incident, stop what you are doing and CALL ONE OF THE TOs TO YOUR MATCH.
- The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.

Set rules (subject to change up to one week before the tournament):
All sets besides finals are best of three; finals (Winners, Losers, Grand) are best of five.
The first game, both players will strike one of the three neutrals and play on the remaining neutral.
Stock count is set to three (holdover from Brawl).
Timer is set to eight minutes.
Items are set to off and none.
Damage ratio is set to 1.0

Stagelist (subject to change up to one week before the tournament):

Neutrals:
FD (and all variants)
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks
Prism Tower
Tortimer's Island
Rainbow Road
Tomodachi Life
Arena Ferox

Pay-out:
Prizes will be determined by the number of entrants. For Singles events we'll be paying out the top six entrants in the instance that there are 24 players or more in the bracket. If the brackets have less than 24 entrants, we'll pay out the top four players.

Top Six Payout:
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%

Top Four Payout:
1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%

If there are fewer than ten entrants, we will pay-out to top 3. If there are fewer than five, we will pay-out top 2. If there are only two, winner takes all.

Top Three Payout:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3: 10%

Top Two Payout:
1st: 66%
2nd: 34%

Contact Info:
TO E-mail:
keroward@gmail.com
Volunteer TOs:
Ttar (Smashboards: Tyranitarphantom)
Shadow Phoenix (Smashboards: ShadowPhoenix951)

The Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS Mentoring Project
This tournament will be the debut of Kentucky/Ohio/Indiana's Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS Mentoring Project. The idea is that local Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana veterans can sign up to mentor the influx of newcomers that want to get involved in the Smash 4 competitive scene. Details are available in our Facebook group. There will be a table with a paper for each potential mentor that new players can sign up to be mentored by.

If anyone is willing to help me run this, that would be spectacular. This is my first tournament, so I might need a little help, especially to fit everything inside that nine hour time frame. If anyone has any suggestions, questions, or comments, I would be happy to listen, consider, and answer them. I hope that we can start our Smash 4 competitive scene off with a bang.

Last edited:

Corngamer

Smash Cadet
NNID
Corngamer
3DS FC
0645-5918-0354
I think I'll be attending this. I'm new to competitive Smash, but I'd like to get into it.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
...I just came here because of the Thread Name.
I approve.
...I'll be leaving now.

Corngamer

Smash Cadet
NNID
Corngamer
3DS FC
0645-5918-0354
I'm reading the rules, and while most of it makes sense, I'm a bit confused/worried I'll be confused about some parts. Does anyone know a good place to find an explanation for tournament rules? Like I said, I'm new to this. :)

VivoArdente

Smash Rookie
I'm heading over from Louisville myself, and my car can seat 3 other people comfortably. I intend to leave after the tournament is over for those concerned. I'd ask for a bit of help on gas in exchange of course.

Agent:Guilt~

Smash Cadet
NNID
ImAgentGuilt
We're doing 3 stock 8 minutes here? oh wow.
Also didn't see it in the rules but the pikachu/gnw team is BANNED.
I'm reading the rules, and while most of it makes sense, I'm a bit confused/worried I'll be confused about some parts. Does anyone know a good place to find an explanation for tournament rules? Like I said, I'm new to this. :)
I gotchu, just ask me what you don't understand.

Corngamer

Smash Cadet
NNID
Corngamer
3DS FC
0645-5918-0354
We're doing 3 stock 8 minutes here? oh wow.
Also didn't see it in the rules but the pikachu/gnw team is BANNED.

I gotchu, just ask me what you don't understand.
I was able to talk with some competitive players at my school, and it kind of made things more clear. I'm mainly wondering about how stage selection works, if you/anyone could explain that to me.

Agent:Guilt~

Smash Cadet
NNID
ImAgentGuilt
I was able to talk with some competitive players at my school, and it kind of made things more clear. I'm mainly wondering about how stage selection works, if you/anyone could explain that to me.
Sorry I missed your post before the tourney happened, smashboards is something I use infrequently. ;-;
But now that there will probably be weekly tournaments and stuff I should be on a lot more, so if you still have any questions (which I'm sure the stage selection was answered at the tourney) then feel free to ask again!

Top Bottom